B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

gutekfiutek said:
[...] Also, I hate those pretty new skies and light settings...
Too "perfect" and shiny for me...
If skies are part of landscape, if you've planned to work on that and include in your mod. I will be glad to provide you some sources.
9lg0zp.jpg

35holjn.jpg

2q0j4w9.jpg

just few samples, I have dozens of it.
seamless Hi-res (up to 4096*204:cool:

Aeon said:
gutekfiutek said:
If skies are part of landscape, if you've planned to work on that and include in your mod. I will be glad to provide you some sources.
9lg0zp.jpg

35holjn.jpg

2q0j4w9.jpg

awesome can you use more skyboxes than vanilla; like a choice of 10 day skyboxes instead of 2?
that would be great

Aeon said:
gutekfiutek said:
9lg0zp.jpg

35holjn.jpg

2q0j4w9.jpg

You could as well post where you got those from in the first place.

http://www.cgtextures.com/

Aeon said:
No I could not, since they weren't hosted anywhere (AFAIK). I guess yours are different ones (?)
Anyway, good website : the more we get...

Sorry, I thought you got them from there.

I might be mistaken, but those you posted really look like those from cgtextures.com. Those are copyrighted material (although you can use them), so I thought it would be good to post the source.

Hi all
About skies - I think someone could make Sky replacement mod - I hate Warband skies. But I have no time to fix them.
I changed rain and snow effects btw.
It's really close to finish - just few tweaks here and there left.
I just played native Warband for a while (to compare it with PL) and my eyes almost exploded:grin:
How you can even play it?:razz:

plwar31.jpg

plwar32.jpg

plwar30.jpg

plwar28.jpg

plwar29.jpg

plwar33.jpg

Hey gutek!

I really admire your work so I decided to upload my compliation of skyboxes for you :grin: I hope that some of them might interest you

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/00hjli

The package contain:
- 4 skyboxes of clear sky
- 5 skyboxes of night
- 15 skyboxes of clouded sky
- 8 skyboxes of sunsers

All put in 1 BRF and ready to use(did not add skyboxes.txt tho)

I hope some of them will interest you, and you use them to improve your polished landscapes!

Here's a screenshot :razz:. Aha i powodzenia!

Charan said:
Hey gutek!

I really admire your work so I decided to upload my compliation of skyboxes for you :grin: I hope that some of them might interest you

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/00hjli

The package contain:
- 4 skyboxes of clear sky
- 5 skyboxes of night
- 15 skyboxes of clouded sky
- 8 skyboxes of sunsers

All put in 1 BRF and ready to use(did not add skyboxes.txt tho)

I hope some of them will interest you, and you use them to improve your polished landscapes!

Here's a screenshot :razz:. Aha i powodzenia!

More stuff from cgtextures.com.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the least you could do would be to read the "CGTextures License", specially this part:

When selling or redistributing a 3D model bundled with textures from CGTextures please add the following text in the documentation accompanying the model:

"One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information."

I believe releasing a mod to public using those textures falls under the "redistributing" part.

EDIT: I didn't download your "compliation", so I don't know if you included that text. I apologise in case you did. I know your intentions are good, but I get the feeling some of you guys don't pay attention... You don't want to get gutek in trouble, do you?

gutekfiutek said:
I just played native Warband for a while (to compare it with PL) and my eyes almost exploded:grin:
How you can even play it?:razz:
We can't. We're waiting for you to finish this  :razz:
I'm excited about the new rain, because native rain looks horrible (it's been like that since 0.711, or further back...)

Back
Top Bottom