Users who are viewing this thread

NacroxNicke said:
88840061.jpg

That looks amazing! Good Work!

Now all we need is a Sleepy Hallow mod.

NacroxNicke said:
Good to hear that you nailed the Data content buddy!  :smile:

Same here.
It's next proof of Data content being fully mod-able.

Ahwsum!  :grin:

Great job Gutek! These screens are amazing - village and the mill is my favourite right now.

I just wish our nice devs would finally release some proper official statement with full explanations of flags and stuff....

...as trial and error route isn't the most pleasant nor quick for us...

As far as I know they are planning to do something with it.
As for now, Data folder works independently from mods, maybe it will change.
I will try to test those flags later, and will post what I've found (some sort of explanation/tutorial) later.
As I wrote before, now I'm able  to add plants to  winter scenes.
Also I'm able to add collision for small bushes for example.
MAYBE It's possible to add new types of plants, or make certain plants apear on certain forest types.

Decidedly awesome.

gutekfiutek said:

Streaming sunlight map on the ground once the fog lifts a bit would be interesting.. would require a lighter ground to fully show off I guess..no way to do (fake) shafts of sunlight in mb engine?

Maybe able to favour certain types of plants given time of day too? Forests at dawn with thin tree trunks would work too, if slightly impassable on horseback..
eg. http://www.flickr.com/photos/milesselim/3328406679/

Just imagine a line of Vaegir bowmen lining up in those trees, the eerie silence broken by the whistling of dozens of arrows as they make their way to the enemy :razz:

eragoen said:
Just imagine a line of Vaegir bowmen lining up in those trees, the eerie silence broken by the whistling of dozens of arrows as they make their way to the enemy :razz:

Five Knights fall, but Harlaus pushes his men forward. Another volley comes and two more knights go down, with two arrows in Harlaus' shield. The men spot the archers and surge forward, right into their doom. As they near the archers a line of footmen jump out from behind them and another line flanks the Knights. They take them all down in moments and Harlaus is dragged away. The foot soldiers hide again and the enemy sergeants come into sight. The archer fire volley after volley until the flanking is done again. The Vaegirs are victorious this day.

gutekfiutek said:
As far as I know they are planning to do something with it.
As for now, Data folder works independently from mods, maybe it will change.
I will try to test those flags later, and will post what I've found (some sort of explanation/tutorial) later.
As I wrote before, now I'm able  to add plants to  winter scenes.
Also I'm able to add collision for small bushes for example.
MAYBE It's possible to add new types of plants, or make certain plants apear on certain forest types.

Sweet.

Well - you can partially avoid messing up the game if you use Iron Launcher for mods which change anything in Data folder, so at least now it shouldn't be that much of a strain to explain people how to backup files and ****. The worst part for now is that Data folder is having direct impact on other mods - so those who want to play e.g Star Wars Mod have to fiddle a lot instead of easy switching between mods.

I would be really happy if you could explain stuff after release (maybe even not step-by-step tutorial for dummies, but rather quick run through your findings or release ground_specs.txt and flora_kinds.txt - as I believe you were messing with those - with some comments from you). Some of bits and pieces are quite self-explanatory but then some are a bit confusing and definitely needs to trial and error method.

Saying above and knowing how much strain might be to work with Data folder huge kudos to you not only for excellent texturing and modelling but rather for a scope of changes you decided to make and succeeded. Much appreciated.

For now my first question would be: how the f*ck you made fog_distance and fog_color to work properly as I'm having huge problem with it.
Also: were you thinking to alter flora or any other shader settings in mb.fx? Or you did that already? With this level of scope and changes it could be worth to fiddle with it. I think guys from MBX forums (TLD folks if I recall correctly) were messing with the shaders with quite impressive outcome and dropped some tutorial for how to do it...

TheWitcher said:
Were you thinking to alter flora or any other shader settings in mb.fx? Or you did that already? With this level of scope and changes it could be worth to fiddle with it. I think guys from MBX forums (TLD folks if I recall correctly) were messing with the shaders with quite impressive outcome and dropped some tutorial for how to do it...

I think that this archive (mb.fx) will be a reference to mod the Warband HDR Post-Process effects, because I don't think that the devs will include some stuff to mod the HDR in the Module Source (Or some explanation  :roll:), so... We need to learn HSLS (The lenguage of DirectX shaders, and mb.fx of course) before the release of Warband!  :smile:

Well... I have learned a bit reading this page: http://digierr.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?sa=418634144 , but I dunno in the testing because I'm really lazy to messy around with the mb.fx  :smile:.

Intel Core 2 Duo  3.16GHz ;
Gigabyte Radeon HD4870 512MB;
4GB RAM;
Scren resolution (something like 1900x1200) and max graphic settings.
Battlesize ~250 and it's laggy in denser forests.
Below 150 everything should be smooth (occasionally laggy)

gutekfiutek said:
4GB RAM;

I think a lot of people are screwed at this point, but keep it up, my pc can handle it, so keep working :wink:

gutekfiutek said:
4GB RAM;

success, the same build as me, so i should be fine

*Post to make the forum remind me of this thread* :razz:

Also, could you update the first post with like ALL the screenshots? :grin:

I am screwed anyway. My specs are close or over yours, but almost all games I play have recently stopped functioning well. Warband for example gives me an average of 20 FPS, which, as more than 10 players/corpses get into view drops to 2 - 12. (I am not  kidding). It does this for other games as well. It's like my CPU or GPU can't handle "Quantity" anymore.  :???: Add to this that my HDR now makes my M&B corrupt whenever I install it... Yep, I am at the point that I have to give up on gaming. -_- /drama end

No idea what caused it. Except maybe... System restore? Service Pack 2? New HDD?

Back
Top Bottom