Polished buildings mod [RELEASED] [Siege bug FIX + new pics pg1]

Users who are viewing this thread

gutekfiutek

Knight at Arms

To install:  extract the archive file to the right directories in M&B folder. For example extract the files to an empty folder, and copy/paste the files from unzipped directories into the Mount & Blade directory - overwriting the original files.

EDIT: To fix siege bug, download this file (scene.props.txt): http://www.sendspace.com/file/yc9k9a
and paste it to ...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native folder (or to any module that use this mod.)

So, first part is ready.
Swadian buildings and towns.
Here:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=1003

And few banners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:  new screens (these from page 15 are different from pg 1 pictures:smile:

And what's inside mod (well, some objects will came with vaegir pack):

This is looking mighty fine!!! Would you maybe want to make some buildings for The Last Days? :smile:

merlkir i know a guy who wants to do buidlings for you for tld, hes on the lotrtw fourms. he did somne sweet minas tirth buildings.

Thanks everyone:smile:
Melkir -> i will have a lot of work with native - and with some work in editor i'm sure you can produce nice looking towns with my buildings.
Moss -> yes, there will be .brf file and some new textures so there won't be necessary to create new mod only for this.
I will focus on modeling and uvmaping now - so textures now are temporary. But they have  simple shadows/dirt baked so they fit better already.

Very impressive! And when you replace all buildings with your new ones I think it will be quite a difference. For me this will probably be worthless mod (but never say never) since i have no need for better buildings.

This game will live long time - like OFP. There will be more mods to come, and existing ones will grow.
Cities can have lot of gameplay added. Something like merchant assasination mission, but more complicated for example.
So i think some people will find these buildings useful.:smile:

gutekfiutek said:
This game will live long time - like OFP. There will be more mods to come, and existing ones will grow.
Cities can have lot of gameplay added. Something like merchant assasination mission, but more complicated for example.
So i think some people will find these buildings useful.:smile:

I'm still hoping for some more RPG-like gameplay in cities, villages and rural areas, so your improved buildings will definately be of worth there. They are absolutely marvelous!

They remind me of some of the houses/buildings designed by Dutch artist Anton Pieck for the Dutch themepark "de Efteling", which is based on old fairytales. Perhaps you'll find it useful to take a look at some of these: http://www.krulikovsky.com/efteling/pag.1.html. (note the back and forward buttons in the bottom, they look a bit funny). Especially some of the castles are nice. You'll have to don't mind the music/sounds though  :lol:
Might give you some inspiration to develop your own buildings as well.

Once again: nice job!

This game will live long time

Depends what the sequel will offer :wink:. There is plenty that can be added that will give the game an unbelievable amount of gameplay, such as fief management, politics, greater depth tactical combat, additional combat moves etc. That's largely what is so great about this game.

Quick update.
I think that someone will have to do something with town scenes.
Maybe i will ask some scene makers for help later to make towns look less random.
Only Khergit and Vaegir towns have their own "style" (vaegir ones are snowy/stone).
So It would be good to make other nations architecture different.
So this is style i think is good for Rhodoks. "light" buildings with lots of wooden beams and flat roofs. Merchant towns with caravans etc.
Still thinking about Nords and Swadia.
I don't want to spend too much time with towns - i want to make some village buildings later.

Back
Top Bottom