[Police Station] - Bug Reports & Changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Peralta said:
- long barreled firearms are less accurate than handweapons (probably not a bug, rather just a historical incorrect fact)

:!:
Berthout said:
FAQ

-Weapon X is totally unrealistic!
No it isn't. Every weapon in the game did exist and the stats are so that they reflect the true nature of the weapon. Of course feedback on small inaccuracies is always welcome.
Maybe it's just so that Pistols are more accurate on short range, while Muskets are better for longer range?

- give me some time
- explain that somewhere in the mod, I was seriously pissed off
- then let looters wear the damn caps!
- that... makes no sense: what about their weapons etc.?
- yep, and no fun to fight against...

- No need for that, Captured Joe got the answer. I thought your meant some specific weapons.
- Mission completed!  :razz: Nah, just scripted something. Now the player should be aware of it.
- I guess the looters only like their value of the items. They refuse to wear them x)!
- Well in general the bandits shouldn't have good items. I propose fighting lords and steal their equipment!
- Guys! We've found a bug! I added it to the list.

New bug:
The March of the Swedish Cavalry doesn't stop playing... it just goes on and on till the end, while other music should already have been started and playing.
It's the one you hear after a victory.

Quintillius said:
- give me some time
- explain that somewhere in the mod, I was seriously pissed off
- then let looters wear the damn caps!
- that... makes no sense: what about their weapons etc.?
- yep, and no fun to fight against...

- No need for that, Captured Joe got the answer. I thought your meant some specific weapons.
- Mission completed!  :razz: Nah, just scripted something. Now the player should be aware of it.
- I guess the looters only like their value of the items. They refuse to wear them x)!
- Well in general the bandits shouldn't have good items. I propose fighting lords and steal their equipment!
- Guys! We've found a bug! I added it to the list.

- still, a rifle with lower accuracy stats than a pistol in 1805? I'll look it up asap :smile:
- :smile:
- They refuse to wear them? It's a great way to let looters and revolutionaries have an extra item! :smile:
- Still, I'd like some loot when fighting about 30 of them (at which point attacking a lord still was suicide)
- yay, me done good :grin:

I dont know if this is a bug or not but whenever i try loading the game it crashes and says "Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes _a.brf" and i was wondering if there is a way to fix this. I already looked a bit and didn't see anyone post this.

For this mod, the "texture detail" settings are recommended to be 30%.
The old M&B engine apparently can't handle the HD textures of Europe 1805 v.2 not well.
Still, with texture detail on 30%, the textures in this mod will look at least as good as the Native ones on 100% texture detail.

Hi! First of all, my compliments for this beautiful mod!
I have found some bugs, or maybe they aren’t bugs but only things that I don’t understand  :wink:. Please help me.
1.Banks. I can’t find any bank. Neither in Rome nor elsewhere. I shot all the cities.
2.Class. My actual class is “aristocratic”. The next should be “nobleman”. In the “Menu Camp” I read what I miss to become a nobleman: "Prestige 200". But I have Prestige 223!
3.Sieges. At the time of the attack, only 4 or 5 soldiers launch the assault, the others remain to watch on the hill. Even with the F3 “charge”. And only one out of five sieges after the bombing there were ladders to climb over the walls. This occurred in Varese, Heidelberg and Parma.
4.Buildings in the village. It's true that there is no money, but the materials are in abundance as I read in the stockpile. Yet the village elder tells me "you have no money, and 0 wood 0 stone 0 tools”.

My version mod is 2.1.
Thanks a lot. Best regards!

1. Go to the Boulevard Scene, there's a Bank you can enter.
You can go to the Boulevard Scene by taking a walk to the streets, go to the street at your left, and walk against the invisible border. This will bring you to the Boulevard scene.
2. The number listed there is the amount of Prestige you need more than the amount you already have. Unfortunately, that number only counts the Prestige you get from Village Buildings. So, if you have 100 prestige from Village/Town Buildings, and 123 Prestige from setting free Prisoners, you need (200-123=)77 Prestige more than your current amount! (This was just an example.)
So the figure in the "what amount you need more" list only counts the Prestige from Village Buildings, but no worry! If you have enough Prestige (including Prestige from setting free Prisoners), you will advance in Class (that counter does count the total Prestige, not only the amount generated by Buildings).
Or at least in my experience.
3. I have that problem too. I think it's caused by the Native script for Siege Towers; Some trooeprs go forward to 'push' the tower forward, the rest stands back. The Siege Towers have been removed from the scenes, but I suspect the code for them is still there. I hope Quintillius takes a look at this and deals with it for the next patch (if he hasn't done already; He's good at killing those bugs apparently).
4. Weird, I never got that...

Thank you Captured Joe for answering most of his questions.
Kandalab, to reply on your 4th question: the village itself has a treasury. You shouldn't look at your own pocket.

Going to take a look at all forts next week. Next version will be released soon. Keep an eye on this topic.  :wink:

By the way, the new Flintlock Pistol seems to have the same range as the best muskets in-game (actually, they shoot a little farther than those). And the amount of damage the pistol deals doesn't seem very realistic to me. I suggest nerfing the weapon; I gave one each to both Lucretia and Darwin, and even with "0" in Firearms skill, they become Killing machines on the battlefield along with my Bavarian regulars.
Also, the "Flintlock Rifle" doesn't seem to be a rifle; it's totally useless. So, maybe it's a good weapon to give to Militiamen mercs?
(Maybe you can gice the stats of the Flintlock Pistol to the Flintlock Rifle.)

I've found that the swords ingame are native swords when not equipped: the scabbards are medieval :razz:

And I can't ask my companions to lead a regiment in my current game. Are there certain required conditions?

Peralta said:
I've found that the swords ingame are native swords when not equipped: the scabbards are medieval :razz:
The Scabbards themselves are altered, but the Swords in them are Medieval. :smile: Maybe Quintillius can release a mini-mod/optional patch with removes the Scabbards?

And I can't ask my companions to lead a regiment in my current game. Are there certain required conditions?
Yes. You (the Player) need at least 2 (or 3) in "Tactics" Skill.

Back
Top Bottom