[Police Station] - Bug Reports & Changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Started playing this about a month ago after playing warband and amazed that this mod is not for warband.

The work is really good and made me downgrade to Mount and Blade a pity because Warband seemed a little bit more stable than their first release.

Anyway, not sure so kinda wanna know if they are seriously going to fix some of the problems on version 2.2 or should we just enjoy what we have and move on.

None of the problems are game breaking just very annoying like for instance:

1) Quest on villages are all tied together if you doing a quest for 1 village the others don't have any quest for you till you finish.

2) limber jack is also not functioning on it's own if you accepted a job at one Lumber Mill you can't accept any other jobs at any other Lumber Mills

3) All the Mayors in every single town gives you the same quest and it's like you talking to the same person except you are in another town, they should function on there own independent.

4) Become a mercenary for the British and you are screwed no way to get out or to become a vassal

5) The AI for the world map kinda sucks you could raid a village right underneath a fort and they won't do a thing.

6) getting called by King to report you get told to follow him yet he can sit in his fort for weeks/months and you just have to hang around, I guess when he calls you surely he has to have a plan already.

7) The rices for items are just completely screwed what's the point in having an item you can sell for 12k if the merchants doe snot have that much money, at most I saw they have are like 4.5k

:cool: Taverns aren't really getting new characters in them the same person or mercenary will be at the tavern just about forever or until you hire them and then it would renew. This makes it kinda impossible to find companions not to mention the slave seller been carrying slaves for past 40 days without finding a single slave seller.

Anyways there's probably a lot more that I've forgotten about already, this is one of the best mods in fact it's more like a conversion and I swear I would actually gladly buy something like this so he should really go talk to the developers of Tale world and see if they not interested in making this an official expansion maybe for warband and sell that cause I would buy this and I think a lot of other people would too.

Thank you Capture Joe and Conraad: thanks for the positive feedback.

1) Quest on villages are all tied together if you doing a quest for 1 village the others don't have any quest for you till you finish.
That's actually needed. We don't want players to be lazy and go for new quests at other villages if they cannot complete their current one.

2) limber jack is also not functioning on it's own if you accepted a job at one Lumber Mill you can't accept any other jobs at any other Lumber Mills
It's because I want to create a special feeling. You are tied to one lumberjack, you can only leave if you quit the job.
The target is actually renting a house and having a job nearby.

3) All the Mayors in every single town gives you the same quest and it's like you talking to the same person except you are in another town, they should function on there own independent.
I am sorry to say this is true. There is actually one "mayor person" for all cities. Future improvements might change this.

4) Become a mercenary for the British and you are screwed no way to get out or to become a vassal
Really? What's your renown? It has to be higher than 250 (?) to become vassal.

5) The AI for the world map kinda sucks you could raid a village right underneath a fort and they won't do a thing.
This is a problem you should tell the main developers of M&B.

[quote6) getting called by King to report you get told to follow him yet he can sit in his fort for weeks/months and you just have to hang around, I guess when he calls you surely he has to have a plan already.[/quote]
I am afraid implementing a good AI is a problem for many and many games. This should not be related to my mod.

7) The rices for items are just completely screwed what's the point in having an item you can sell for 12k if the merchants doe snot have that much money, at most I saw they have are like 4.5k
I see the problem. Surely nice if it's going to be 'fixed'.

Taverns aren't really getting new characters in them the same person or mercenary will be at the tavern just about forever or until you hire them and then it would renew. This makes it kinda impossible to find companions not to mention the slave seller been carrying slaves for past 40 days without finding a single slave seller.

Anyways there's probably a lot more that I've forgotten about already, this is one of the best mods in fact it's more like a conversion and I swear I would actually gladly buy something like this so he should really go talk to the developers of Tale world and see if they not interested in making this an official expansion maybe for warband and sell that cause I would buy this and I think a lot of other people would too.
Ghehe. Thank you so much. Your suggestions won't be forgotten.

Ayup! Just a small problem, sometimes when my fusiliers go into battle and I tell them to Form Line, they just seem to stay in their default (two foot gap in between the person next to them) stance, they also break it from time to time and run forwards. When I had Riflemen I didn't seem to have this problem.

I'm having some bugs I think.
Before I went to the coronation of Napoleon as king of Italy, he appeared to be the ruler of France .. after that, when I arrived at Paris I was shocked when I saw Gustaf of Sweden in place of Napoleon. He is appearing to be the ruler of France now, while Napoleon is the ruler of the Papal States. The ruler of Sweden is an officer.
Is that a bug? I can avoid it by not going to the coronation?

And .. something else..I can't go through the town of Paris [going to boullevard and things like that] .. I can go only to the Tavern and other places via the menu.
And yeah .. when I'm choosing to go to the butcher, in the room where is supposed to be the butcher appears one guy with the name 'bank'.
If I go where is the bank, it will appear a guy named 'butcher'.
This is strange ..

Guys, I downloaded Low Smoke Quality, but it can't read the file, downloaded it 2 times, didn't work. The file archive is something like a blank paper and the file archive I should replace is something like a paper full of little letters. How do I replace the original file with the Low Smoke Quality?

- After that, I continued playing and remembered that I had forgotten to configure the Formation Control Settings, so I went to the Camp menu and, when I clicked on the option the game crashed. I thought the crash could've been related to a graphic thing, and I lowered everything and used Directx7.. but the game crashed again when I tried to configure the Formations stuff again.
Then I thought I should've started a new game [because of the Fast Travel mini-Mod], and so I did. This time I tried to configure the Formations before I even moved around the map, but CTD stroke again. I could enter any location without problem, set the amount of walking people too, but everytime I tried to change the Formation stuff, the game crashed over and over.
[And, before this first CTD, I had created several characters to discover the skill points granted for selecting any background, and used cheats to hire some troops and experience the battles before I ever began a serious campaign. I had no trouble with these 'pre-characters' to configure the Formation Control Settings]
This bug is already reported. I am sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this don't prevent you from having actual fun.

I will try reinstalling, don't take me wrong, you are a great modder, but before that problem, even the formations didn't worked. I will try install without the travel faster mini mod, and maybe without any.

djogloc02 said:
I will try reinstalling, don't take me wrong, you are a great modder, but before that problem, even the formations didn't worked. I will try install without the travel faster mini mod, and maybe without any.
Formations do work. You just have to press the 'Y' key (or any other key you assign) before giving any command.

It's working now, the game, not the formations, still funny, but not the same thing, again...

EDIT: Great, sometimes formations work and sometimes don't work  :???: And the Low Quality Smoke isn't working, it don't replace the original particle_systems file.

Sorry for double post, but now evething works fine, ehm... almost evething... the low quality smoke isn't working so I am using medium quality.]

Also, is normal when you order your soldiers to form, let's say, a square, they form the square but some of them move foward then come back to the position many times?

I'm having a problem with getting to the nobility class.
It's demanding 250 prestige .. and this from when I was at ~200 prestige. Now I'm around 400 and it's still saying that I need 250 prestige..
It's a bug or something?
I'm using the 2.1 version.

Jesus! No way! I'm already in Day 70 and doing very well ... I can't do that. There is no other way to solve that?
Maybe something to change in the files..?

I'm aristrocat.

Can't you tell me how you resolved the bug? Maybe I could get over it without losing the savegame..

Back
Top Bottom