pls help resolutions

Users who are viewing this thread

Frost_Knight

Sergeant
i have a freakin problem with resolutions!! i can't have resolutions higher than 1024-768....

if i put a res higher than 1024-768 my screen splits in 3 and it's kinda bluerish

i can't play knight's of honor because of this and i was hoopeing if someone knows how to change the res lower than 1024-768 i don't care what metod program i use i just want to force change the res!!!!

1. Check you have the latest drivers for the graphics card
2. Check you have the correct driver for the monitor.
3. Check the refresh rate settings on the card.

If the card allows you to set higher resolutions, then the problem is likely that either the monitor doesn't support those resolutions, or the monitor can't cope with the refresh rate the card is using for those resolutions. Check your display properties, you should be able to see what modes your system can support.

thesneakster said:
Yeah, probably both. You'd need a 6600+ or a x800 plus graphics card and a monitor that can handle it.

Are you joking me? The computer im on only has a GEFORCE 2 mx400, one so crap that even a good geforce 1 is better, can have higher than 1024X786. I just dont put it on, because the icons would be so small, that i cant see them lol

PrinceScamp said:
You don't really need higher than 1024X786.

Hmm i dont know, i normally like a bit more (got 1280x1024 for desktop)
and some games are just finer with 1600xwhatever.

I think that also depends on the size of ones monitor. :roll:

Ls said:
thesneakster said:
Yeah, probably both. You'd need a 6600+ or a x800 plus graphics card and a monitor that can handle it.

Are you joking me? The computer im on only has a GEFORCE 2 mx400, one so crap that even a good geforce 1 is better, can have higher than 1024X786. I just dont put it on, because the icons would be so small, that i cant see them lol

The actual resolution available depends on the memory of the card. Pretty much irrelevent these days, though IIRC you need a minimum of 4Mb for 1024 x 800, 32 bit colour.
Most modern cards can handle it, and a lot more, however not all monitors can.

PrinceScamp said:
You don't really need higher than 1024X786.

I generally prefer 1280x1024, mainly because I have a huge monitor, but if I set the desktop to anything smaller I need to scroll to see all the icons....

I actually don't use a flatscreen monitor, because it helps my vision, but I don't see how 1280*1024, or any higher resolution, is so much better. 1024*768 is fine. I just don't like the people who think they have to have games in resolutions like 2048*1536 or some bull**** like that. My monitor is 16 in. by 12 in. (42 cm. by 30.5 cm.), it being 16 inches wide and 12 inches in "height".

If I try running at anything below 800 x 600 it pretty much turns into coloured blocks.

Higher resolutions give a sharper definition to the picture. Depending on the game, its not always worth it. The maximum I can go to is 1600 x 1400 or thereabouts, though I've never seen a reason to go that high. It hurts my eyes to read text above 1280 x 1024.

That makes sense.. meh, I'm fine with just the ingame (and often modded) scopes. Plus I never know when the map might not be good for sniping and/or I am thrust into a firefight, especialy in base assault.

****, if the text keeps getting smaller and smaller, I have a good feeling that if I go above 1024*768, I won't be able to read anything.

{DOOM}RODERICK: dude eyes wtf r u doin help me defend some1 is pwnin n he gettin flag
CrazyEyes: what? sorry i have trouble reading at this resolution
{DOOM}RODERICK: omfg

(Quake Announcer: BLUE TEAM SCORES!)
(Quake Announcer: Red flag returned.)
CrazyEyes: ****.
* You have been discharged from the game.

Back
Top Bottom