Please TW give the patchie

Users who are viewing this thread

"Also, just to clarify this misconception that decisions are passed down from above and are final: that simply isn't true. Everybody at the company has a voice and anyone can bring forward an idea or suggest changes to any part of the game, and they are listened to."

this is generic workplace PR stuff. Everybody can say anything, doesnt mean leadership is actually gonna listen and stray from their vision. There is zero chance everyone at Taleworlds has the same stance on the weird design decisions lol

game is dead, uninstall, move on
2ocIRQS.jpg

I know things seem a bit slow-moving on the MP front as of late, but I can assure you that we are working hard on some larger updates. More recently, we have been working on some significant combat updates along with new perks and general balancing, which we have been testing with a closed community testing group. We also continue to work on the panned features for MP that we have announced in the Statement regarding plans for MP posts. We just need a little more time to get them ready to go to beta and then live.

I know things seem a bit slow-moving on the MP front as of late, but I can assure you that we are working hard on some larger updates. More recently, we have been working on some significant combat updates along with new perks and general balancing, which we have been testing with a closed community testing group. We also continue to work on the panned features for MP that we have announced in the Statement regarding plans for MP posts. We just need a little more time to get them ready to go to beta and then live.
Is the single life game mode still being developed?
Are cosmetic unlocks still planned for mp?
Cheers

Oof, still balancing and perks :s

Maybe switching up the priorities is needed, I kind of expected the developers to recently be working on stability - ensuring we deal with the crashes and making it so the servers don't kick everyone after a match or so. Or sorting out the anti-cheat that keeps kicking half the people waiting for the map to load. Or...the prolonged waiting time before an actual match starts so by the time it actually loads half the people left because they got tired of waiting.
So ultimately a Siege server (for example) that had around 90 players before, when the server crashes, eventually loads back up, kicks half the population with anti-cheat and eventually starts after staring at the loading/waiting screen for what feels like ages - we end up with a population of 10--20 players.....for Siege.
I mean these are the main reasons that exhausted my patience, and I stopped playing MP. Not the "combat along with new perks and general balancing". Do you guys actually realise the state of your current servers? Genuinely flabbergasted.

Edit- The thing is, I don't want to sound like a typical d**k. But negative comments like the one I've posted are basically inevitable when everyone has been waiting (trying to be patient) for MP to improve and we get a comment stating that recently you've been looking at balancing and perks.
Bugger that, personally if I was a developer and I went anywhere near those servers - alarm bells would be ringing and it would be all hands on deck. I'm just shocked and confused, its almost like the development of this game is abit lackadaisical - like MP is literally dying (some would argue dead) and rather than reassure us that server performance is a priority we get this casual comment stating that you're looking at balancing issues and perks.
Shocking.

Last edited:
Skip the ****ing beta already and put it on live. You haven't put a beta server for probably like a year.

Soon™?

Callum is their PR guy, it's his job to lie like that. :smile:
The actual problem is that devs have very little leeway in deciding things even if they know the decision is 100% fine by the players. They still have to go to a meeting, propose this and potentially get shot down by someone with a short attention span, but who decides these things and has no idea how the game plays or what players want.
this is generic workplace PR stuff. Everybody can say anything, doesnt mean leadership is actually gonna listen and stray from their vision. There is zero chance everyone at Taleworlds has the same stance on the weird design decisions lol
Yeah, maybe.

Anyway, I watched a video in which a TW employee talked about the separation of 'TaleWorlds' and 'Paradox Interactive' in January 2014.

This is the best I could translate:

--

"You can sell your own game. It's our share of money. Why give money to someone else? I don't know if there's much need for it. I don't think so, but of course, I don't know about other issues, so what can I say? I can't say much, but we got rid of a place where you give a side share of things. If they don't benefit you much, I think it is a good decision.

Paradox was creating a daily pressure to speed it up.

When it disappeared, it was easy to make radical decisions. People want to be free. I want the same thing. To be original. I'm going to the game with an idea. If I can't implement it, then I want to be free. So maybe Armağan wanted to be free? So now it's more free. It's a matter of slowing down.

If you say that it caused the delay, it's our fault. We need to speed up the work system. We need to be fast. We shouldn't make wrong decisions. We need to try and try. Is this something we need to be able to foresee? Does it make sense to tell whether it's a waste of time? The most important thing falls to those who made this decision.

Paradox shouldn't be needed. We need to stay within ourselves. We need to use our own resources in the next projects."

--

When it comes to TW, the two things people complain about the most are: 1) the creative vision, and 2) the slow development time. Paradox leaving TW might explain both. Paradox presumably warned them against making ill-conceived "radical" ideas, but TW wanted to be free to do whatever they wanted. Paradox were presumably trying to speed up and strengthen the workflow, but TW wanted to take their time (overhauling the game) for an eternity.

Honestly, it feels like 'Paradox Interactive' had the community's back.

Bannerlord might've fully released in 2016 with more polish and requested features if Paradox had continued improving the work process.

And I can assure you the whole human species will have migrated to another solar system by the time Bannerlord gets a new patch

When it comes to TW, the two things people complain about the most are: 1) the creative vision, and 2) the slow development time. Paradox leaving TW might explain both. Paradox presumably warned them against making ill-conceived "radical" ideas, but TW wanted to be free to do whatever they wanted. Paradox were presumably trying to speed up and strengthen the workflow, but TW wanted to take their time (overhauling the game) for an eternity.

Honestly, it feels like 'Paradox Interactive' had the community's back.

Bannerlord might've fully released in 2016 with more polish and requested features if Paradox had continued improving the work process.
I think some of the assumptions here are incorrect.
Paradox are not the good guys, they only look after their interests and Taleworlds was right to ditch them as they didn't add much value as a publisher, just took a large chunk of their revenue for very little work.
What likely happened here is that there was no external pressure anymore (since they had no publisher) and contractual milestones and deadlines. This changed the Taleworlds work culture to "there's no rush", apparently with the blessing of their management. This is obviously a wrong idea, they should have stuck to their own deadlines and treated delays seriously. This is a management failure, so you can point fingers at Armagan.
Even now, you can see the same behavior - a year after the EA, instead of apologizing for not releasing as promised and commiting to a new date, they basically said, "whatever, maybe we'll be done in another 9 months" (and they might delay it then for even longer).
It's not that radical ideas were a problem, you can have all the radical ideas and still maintain a realistic plan with deadlines. If you want to take time to experiment with new ideas, you can plan for that too (as long as it's not late in development, then it's counterproductive).

Yeah, it might just be a time issue then, but holding back on the new ideas for Bannerlord's MP and combat would have been a blessing in disguise, considering how massively disappointing it's turned out.

TBH i tried mutliplayer with some of my friends and it is was bad , the whole thing where you can block non stop and do 360 rotations.. made the game feel so bad.
Not speaking for everyone , but just expresing my feeling about the multiplayer , and the one thing that would make me and my friends come back to MP would be any sort of Players vs AI , (the only mp i played in warband was the total invasion , and it was awesome).

Last edited:
I imagine at this point you must have some tough time writing stuff like that with straight face XDDD.

Back
Top Bottom