SP - Scenes Please, Taleworlds, give us more reason to visit the scenes of villages, castles and towns

Users who are viewing this thread

I really love the scenes! They are awesomely crafted and very, very beautiful. However I rarely visit them, as I do everything on the world map, as is everyone else, I suppose. I visit them to immerse myself and to make screenshots. And that is it!
There are a couple of quests that make you visit the scenes like Family Feud - for the villages, and the lord quest about the Spy, where you have to ask around the town. And that is really my point - we really, badly need more quests like these! I really love these quests, but they are just too few of them. Not enough to spark that need to visit a town or a village. Yes you can hear rumors and gossip, but that is just not enough. We need more reason to be immersed in these beautiful scenes, besided just wasting time.
And there is literally no reason to go to the castles - currently they are empty, beside the lord's hall. Where are the soldiers in the courtyard, on the walls, patrolling around? We really need to improve the castle scenes and get any incentive to visit them more often. There isn't even quests that we can do in the castles!
I really enjoy your game Taleworlds and I have been here from the start! Please make it the best version of what it has the potential to be!

That is all! I wish you all a happy and healthy Summer!

Kind Regards!
Yavor

+1 for this, I really love the scenes, we need some radiant quests or maybe trade rumours or something to make it worth dropping in for a while.

+1
-A special quest for an armor sets with different blacksmiths throughout Calradia
-A contact with the local variety of bandits(black market and recruiting)
- A talk with the spy master in the courtroom
- a chance of an encounter with assassins or people offering to join you for free (risk and reward)
- way of scouting the defence and sabotage it somewhat. Less arrows/fire pots, destroying supplies. If you are seen, the player should have the opportunity to fight his way out(like warband) not a rng chance.

It would upset a lot of players as they do not like spending town in scenes.

But for me, BO nails it, everything is needed to do physically. Recruit troops physically in towns. Marketplace? Go through town. etc.

also a few more quests + random encounters in town scenes would be great

+1 on this. i was not able to read this before sending my entry in the campaign thread, but in there i've mentioned the exact same thing. please add more interactions/activities/events that will encourage players to actually press that 'take a walk around the town/castle/village' option. we don't want the beautiful sceneries wasted.

Fighting should have found its way into all City /Village scenes and I honestly cant fathom a reason why it isnt. This is at its core a fighting game -so why is fighting utterly held separate or at least the chance of violence in these scenes? I get that the early M&B engine built wasnt really up to the task but theres no way on Gods green earth you couldnt have implemented that now if you chose to. I dont just mean random - but creating dangerous neighborhoods with high risk/reward for checking it out. How about instead of some boring Table top game in a bar (really? I know old peoples bars with more action) you have a chance of running into an enemy lord who might just attack you, harrass you, ambush you etc? theres really so much opportunity to showcase towns/villages and No they dont have to be at SkyRim level level of emergent town behavior but damn..cmon why would you waste all of these scenes and reduce them to people rather clicking a button to do their menial chores than have to labor thru a 100% non-eventful town stroll

Can we get a motivation office party at TW now

+1

Go to the library, read a .. book ...

Sneak into an enemy town , observe towns folk, spot potential victim, "blackmail" victim to be an informant for you. (maybe a little too mature for console players ???)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom