Please support the Console version!

Users who are viewing this thread

No they said they had no plans at the moment for mod support on the console, so it may happen but we don't know.

I'm really disappointed in the forum community, especially from a handful of users, who feel it's necessary to dump on my positive thread. I tried my hardest to make this post a positive focussed thread based on a fantastic game, and indeed playing it on the Xbox Series X and having a blast. Why don't you actually read my OP before being offensive.

If you have nothing positive to say don't post. This thread is supposed to show how much support Taleworlds has on the console, not for fellow gamers on the PC to spread hate or to tell me and other console gamers how stupid we are, or how we are responsible for the state of the game.

P.S. Instead of being a hateful or brash person why don't you all take that energy and do something positive with it, like finding bugs for the Devs or coming up with suggestions.

Last edited:
No they said they had no plans at the moment for mod support on the console, so it may happen but we don't know.
You literally can’t mod consoles lol
I'm really disappointed in the forum community, especially from a handful of users, who feel it's necessary to dump on my positive thread.
It’s the internet, get used to criticism lol. Also I’m sure you’re dissapointed, that is dwarfed by the collective disappointment in bannerlord
I tried my hardest to make this post a positive focussed thread based on a fantastic game, and indeed playing it on the Xbox Series X and having a blast.
Well, sorry to rain on your parade, but a majority of people are angry with how sad this game has become. You’re welcome to your own opinion, but if you want an echo chamber this forum isn’t for you.
If you have nothing positive to say don't post.
Lol
This thread is supposed to show how much support Taleworlds has on the console, not for fellow gamers on the PC to spread hate or to tell me and other console gamers how stupid we are, or how we are responsible for the state of the game.
I hate to break it to you, but the console port was mostly a cash-grab so they could stay solvent until their next big move. And it isn’t PC players’ fault that you chose an inferior system to game on. And I don’t think console players are completely to blame about the failure of bannerlord. A lot of that is on TW, but distracting perfectly good devs on a console port certainly took away people who could have been working on making the game good.
P.S. Instead of being a hateful or brash person why don't you all take that energy and do something positive with it, like finding bugs for the Devs or coming up with suggestions.
ahahahh I can tell you are new. We have been suggesting things for a decade, especially during beta and early access. All of them were ignored. So you can understand our skepticism about giving the devs the benefit of the doubt when they have ignored every problem we have shown to them. Hell, the servers for multiplayer have been crashing every 15-30 mins for three years and if anything, they’ve only made them worse. I know you mean well, but I think this rude reception to this forum will show you that your intentions are in vain. Welcome to hell.

I'm tired of lots of complaining if there are thousands of players who aren't happy let's get them all to post and show how much they want things to change.
Aside from a few contrarians here and there, that’s what this forum has been for the past decade. See this thread here, longest on the bannerlord subforum aside from old bl thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/bannerlord-was-a-grift.443728/

Last edited:
You literally can’t mod consoles lol

It’s the internet, get used to criticism lol. Also I’m sure you’re dissapointed, that is dwarfed by the collective disappointment in bannerlord

Well, sorry to rain on your parade, but a majority of people are angry with how sad this game has become. You’re welcome to your own opinion, but if you want an echo chamber this forum isn’t for you.

Lol

I hate to break it to you, but the console port was mostly a cash-grab so they could stay solvent until their next big move. And it isn’t PC players’ fault that you chose an inferior system to game on. And I don’t think console players are completely to blame about the failure of bannerlord. A lot of that is on TW, but distracting perfectly good devs on a console port certainly took away people who could have been working on making the game good.

ahahahh I can tell you are new. We have been suggesting things for a decade, especially during beta and early access. All of them were ignored. So you can understand our skepticism about giving the devs the benefit of the doubt when they have ignored every problem we have shown to them. Hell, the servers for multiplayer have been crashing every 15-30 mins for three years and if anything, they’ve only made them worse. I know you mean well, but I think this rude reception to this forum will show you that your intentions are in vain. Welcome to hell.

Aside from a few contrarians here and there, that’s what this forum has been for the past decade. See this thread here, longest on the bannerlord subforum aside from old bl thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/bannerlord-was-a-grift.443728/
There are several games that have mods on console. Snow runner is one example . The game has had entire maps and vehicles added that doesn't exist in the base game. 1 more thing when you have a mod installed for a game it's not your PC that's modded

There are several games that have mods on console. Snow runner is one example . The game has had entire maps and vehicles added that doesn't exist in the base game. 1 more thing when you have a mod installed for a game it's not your PC that's modded
This.

Not to mention Arma Reformer, Flight Simulator, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.

As to a previous post about the fact that console was a cash grab. In response I don't believe this because I believe they did so to also bring the game to consoles to have a wider player base and a bigger community - not just because it was profitable.

As to a previous post about the fact that console was a cash grab. In response I don't believe this because I believe they did so to also bring the game to consoles to have a wider player base and a bigger community - not just because it was profitable.
Taleworlds is a company. They are in the business to make money. That's it. Don't ever think that a company cares about the community that is fostered, unless alienating such will make them lose money. And sometimes, such as in TW case, they do that anyway.

And they only care about having a wider player base insofar as it makes them money. If it didn't, they wouldn't do it. And most console peasants just played the game and left, or were bullied off/turned off by the negativity of these very forums.

This.

Not to mention Arma Reformer, Flight Simulator, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.

Having a wider playerbase and a bigger community is ... having more profits in the end.
It's just simply economics 101.
I doubt they released the console version just for having more users on their Discord Server, don't you ?

Taleworlds has not done anything well when it comes to implementing features so far, what makes you think they will reverse that trend on console?
Tbh I think they know they **** the bed on bannerlord and are just trying to scrape whatever profits they can out of the M&B franchise. You'd have thought they would have announced a new game by now, which tbh I would be in support of, just let this cluster die and work on making a great new game, but no. Tbh I think a new game would be a fresh start and you wouldn't have to worry about the bad infrastructure this game is built on.

Taleworlds is a company. They are in the business to make money. That's it. Don't ever think that a company cares about the community that is fostered, unless alienating such will make them lose money. And sometimes, such as in TW case, they do that anyway.
Reminds me of a certain Paradox Interactive, but at least people are more free to criticize the devs here on the TW forums compared to the stale and stank Paradox forums.

Taleworlds has not done anything well when it comes to implementing features so far, what makes you think they will reverse that trend on console?
Idk that they will but if they add content to the game ill try and if I enjoy I'll continue to buy the content.

Idk that they will but if they add content to the game ill try and if I enjoy I'll continue to buy the content.
They have been trying to keep a patchwork of chaos stable over the past 3 years, taking one step forward and two steps back with bug fixes. I applaud you for thinking the trend will change.

The game is good despite its flaws. Taleworlds has shown they are active in making improvements, ya sometimes they take a step back but they are constantly tinkering and improving things while expanding the player base. I expected some hiccups along the way but just the sheer activity from them on these forums is promising for the future. They work on bugs and engage with the community for improvements, within their overall scope for the game. Based on this alone more people will expect positive impacts for their experiences on all platforms. With the new influx of console players and more voices it should help mold the future of bannerlord especially due to its success on consoles.

The game is good despite its flaws. Taleworlds has shown they are active in making improvements, ya sometimes they take a step back but they are constantly tinkering and improving things while expanding the player base.
You’re joking, right?
I expected some hiccups along the way but just the sheer activity from them on these forums is promising for the future.
Bajahahahah you gotta make it a little more convincing it’s satire my friend. You can’t be this on the nose.

You’re joking, right?

Bajahahahah you gotta make it a little more convincing it’s satire my friend. You can’t be this on the nose.
Lol why are you still here? My dude hates the game so much but he's on probation, scrounging the forums hoping to find some way to be hating. Just play a different game. Ya it's a good game bro sue me. They do actively try to fix things. And it might get better if people, especially on consoles, voice they're opinions and push for a better experience. There needs to be mod support on consoles tbh I'm sure with dlc they will add some features from mods if they don't outright support them in the future.

Last edited:
Lol why are you still here? My dude hates the game so much
Yeah bc it’s bad and I’m voicing my opinion. Do you have a problem with people voicing their opinions?
Just play a different game.
Orders a steak rare, comes out well done
Waiter: jUsT OrDeR sOmEThiNg eLsE
Ya it's a good game bro sue me.
Explain how. Warband it superior to it in every way. People have devoted entire sub boards to asking why features like limiting the number of corpses were removed. Again, it took one step forward and two steps back in many departments.
They do actively try to fix things.
They don’t. Or, if they do, it’s at such a slow pace that it doesn’t even matter. Ie servers crash for 3 years, “yeah we’re working on it”. And again when they try to fix something it just breaks something else bc the infrastructure of this game is terrible. Ask any modder who has looked at the code. It’s not pretty.
And it might get better if people, especially on consoles, voice they're opinions and push for a better experience.
Pc players have been doing this for 3 years and it’s only gotten worse, so idk what you think console peasant’s ramblings will do.
There needs to be mod support on consoles tbh I'm sure with dlc they will add some features from mods if they don't outright support them in the future.
They won’t. I’ll eat my shoe if they do.

A few minor quibbles if I may...

They do actively try to fix things.

Actively?!?! Yes true, if you compare the levels of activity to that of snails and sloths. Very active, I assure you.

And it might get better if people, especially on consoles, voice they're opinions and push for a better experience.

It's rather poor form to start a sentence with the word And, to say nothing of the use of they're --- their.

Reading this post is like the console version of English. I suggest, you actively try to fix things. I pray you do a better job than Taleworlds.

Back
Top Bottom