SP - Economy Please restore wine and oil as food items, cities are starving.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have no idea why this seemed like a good idea in the first place. It destroyed the economy in a major way.

As it is right now, workshops take food and give nothing back. Armies that visit towns take what little food is left and you have constant starvation except few weeks and it doesn't build up enough for recovery.

Another issue is the emersion factor, i am seeing wine and oil go for as low as 21 --> 40 while beer is averaging 35 to 51 (in Vlandia early game). Wine and oil are supposed to be luxury items, this does not feel right.

Workshop options are limited now and the player has less choices.
Garrison upgrades and perks are virtually useless since you can never put that many troops in your towns without starvation.

Please, address this asap.
Thanks!
Discussion thread

Shoutout to @Marcolino for the great tip he gave me as a temporary fix. Although towns don't consume them as food, your troops get the moral boost from having those items now. Its not much but it is something :
For the time being, I changed it myself.
You need to go to modules/sandboxcore/moduledata/spitems/horses_and_others.xml
Make a backup of this xml file
Then search for items like:
  • Salt
  • Oil
  • Wine
  • Spices
  • Add: IsFood="true" right after item_category or mesh if there is no item_category (this is for the spices)
  • On wine you need to change IsFood="false" to true - same with oil
Then go back to your game (can be an existing save) and these will be considered food

Last edited:
The problem is with grapes and olives, they were a bit scarce so the price of wine and oil would sky rocket and that would cost a ton and help to make clans have less money. I understand why they did it, but I thought just increasing villages with grapes or oil would have been a better solution to help keep the price down but I haven't tested it and maybe they did. With inflation the price of win and oil would sky rocket over 100 to even 150 each. I would love to know if increasing grapes and oil by 50% would have solved the issue.

The problem is with grapes and olives, they were a bit scarce so the price of wine and oil would sky rocket and that would cost a ton and help to make clans have less money. I understand why they did it, but I thought just increasing villages with grapes or oil would have been a better solution to help keep the price down but I haven't tested it and maybe they did. With inflation the price of win and oil would sky rocket over 100 to even 150 each. I would love to know if increasing grapes and oil by 50% would have solved the issue.
I see, this is not a solution however and it is putting towns in areas that depend on these resources to their knees.
I think your suggestion might work but i see tons of olives and wine in the cities that get them and yet it is not enough.
This also limits the player options for workshop choices and makes the game staler.

I agree, now wine and oil shops arent worth it anymore. I am not sure the dev who is responsible for this but a good ideas is put this in suggestion forum since the devs watch that thread a lot more. I would love to see the numbers increasing wine and oil production. I think it would solve it, just need to find the right number so it wouldn't increase too much but still keep them valuable. If I knew the dev responsible I would tag them, my advice is make thread in suggestion area. I would love to see them back also.

I agree, now wine and oil shops arent worth it anymore. I am not sure the dev who is responsible for this but a good ideas is put this in suggestion forum since the devs watch that thread a lot more. I would love to see the numbers increasing wine and oil production. I think it would solve it, just need to find the right number so it wouldn't increase too much but still keep them valuable. If I knew the dev responsible I would tag them, my advice is make thread in suggestion area. I would love to see them back also.
This is the suggestion forum :grin:
By the way, good job on your videos. Keep up the good work :wink:

I would really like to see burning oil being thrown at my enemies attempting to storm the city gates!

And honestly... I miss bread, sausages, cheese, cabbage, and many more... not to mention books.

lol, it is suggestion, sorry didn't see it. I do hope a dev sees this and tests increased production, or at least give feedback, that would be awesome

I was happy to vote yes and to have them fix it. Now everybody wants MORE food items. Why? Let's fix this issue first and then talk about adding. The more TW adds to the game, the more bugs we get.

I want them to fix all bugs before adding any new feature to be honest.
Amen. Every update they add new stuff, but break other things that were already working. Like now I suddenly can’t sell or buy anything from my own caravans. At one point they fixed the issue with companions magically warping across the map, but now it’s happening again. Crash during battle, crash after battle, freezing. Fix this stuff and then add apples to the game.

Amen. Every update they add new stuff, but break other things that were already working. Like now I suddenly can’t sell or buy anything from my own caravans. At one point they fixed the issue with companions magically warping across the map, but now it’s happening again. Crash during battle, crash after battle, freezing. Fix this stuff and then add apples to the game.
Yeah, that's a shame. I hope enough people tell them to halt progress in favor of a stable and cleaner game. Maybe that will motivate them to take that approach.

I voted yes as well. any updates on this? I can see these items are still not classified as food on 1.6.4 which makes no sense to me
Thank you! Any vote counts!
Sadly no update. I am hoping if enough people take your initiative and vote, maybe it will get addressed.
I know they are busy with Order of Battle at the moment, so this might take a while.

Thank you! Any vote counts!
Sadly no update. I am hoping if enough people take your initiative and vote, maybe it will get addressed.
I know they are busy with Order of Battle at the moment, so this might take a while.
  • Salt
  • Oil
  • Wine
  • Spices
  • Add: IsFood="true" right after item_category or mesh if there is no item_category (this is for the spices)
Then go back to your game (can be an existing save) and these will be considered food

• Salt
  • Oil
  • Wine
  • Spices
I most certainly will do this!
Thank you so much for this valuable info!

Back
Top Bottom