SP - General Please restore / implement "One Step Ahead" (Tactics ability)

Users who are viewing this thread

Please restore / implement this skill.
It sounds pretty cool, and the AI often get this already.

(Tactics) One Step Ahead: Allows you to place your troops before all battles.

In e1.5.4. this is no longer present according to Bannerlord Perks

Is it ever stated why this was removed (I know it had yet to be implemented)?
Was it decided to be too much of an advantage, too much to implement or some other reason?

They were working on a feature like siege deplyment for normal battles, I don't know if it's going to be a default or they are going to implement it in another tree (leadership hasn't been reworked yet for example).

If " One Step Ahead " has not been renamed to " Pre Battle Maneuvers " and therefore does not maintain the same mechanics; Taleworlds will have taken the step contrary to what the SP fan/player presumably wants.

" Pre Battle Maneuvers" :
25% more influence gain from winning field engagements.
If your tactics skill is greater than the enemy gain bonus in simulations proportional to the difference.

This is NOT the same as 'One Step Ahead'. Its just a stat bonus.

If " One Step Ahead " has not been renamed to " Pre Battle Maneuvers " and therefore does not maintain the same mechanics; Taleworlds will have taken the step contrary to what the SP fan/player presumably wants.

" Pre Battle Maneuvers" :
25% more influence gain from winning field engagements.
If your tactics skill is greater than the enemy gain bonus in simulations proportional to the difference.

This is NOT the same as 'One Step Ahead'. Its just a stat bonus.

That is a shame.
I can only hope that this means TW want to enable prebattle deplayoment options without limiting them to a level of the tactics skill. Which is quite optimistic, as I am well aware.

What if they have removed the option offered by that perk because maybe they are going to introduce pre-battle deployment as a universal mechanic?...I would like to think that it will be like that. Cutting out the PBOD would be a big mistake, imo.

No word from any dev on why they gutted basically the only element of strategy in the battles? I guess the relentless push for the Console kids continues.

Exactly this, this was the perk that was gonna get me back into Bannerlord. Now they've turned the entire Tactics Tree into simulations. Ive played more than 1000 hours of Mount and Blade games and cant even remember the last time I simulated any battle.

Also I would rather see it remain in the tactics tree than it being there by default. Makes more sense too me to have the experienced commander get to choose starting position on the map.

@Fell @Ferisko @Terco_Viejo @Shun @WouLinX @stevehoos @ZionVilla please note that the perk and the perk description were there without functionality. It was removed from the perk tree as we don't believe a feature like that should be locked up behind a perk.

We will explore the idea as part of the "Order of Battle" feature instead.

Thanks for the info. It would be great to have the functionality of perparing troop formations etc before the battle as a baseline feature in the game.

Back
Top Bottom