SP - General Please, remove War Horse requirement for upgrades of cavalry!

Users who are viewing this thread

R1919

Sergeant
This requirement is just dumb. If you think it's a logic move, then also think of this: when you upgrade infantry you don't have to provide all needed armor and weapons for them. If you want to build an army of let's say 200 Imperial Legionaries you don't need to buy 200 Lamellar With Scale Skirts (250k+ denars each), 200 Imperial Helmets with Metal Strips, 200 gauntlets, boots and so on. You just pay 150 (or smth) denars for upgrade and that's all.
But if you want to recruit cavalry you have to provide a horse to each cavarlyman. Ok, that's cool. Until you reach T5 - after that you need to provide War Horse. What happens with the old horse? Nobody knows, it just disappears, you don't get it back. When cavalrymen die you just loose all their horses and you have to buy new horses to replace your losses. You need to provide one more Horse and one more War Horse for each of them. You can't buy many cheap Imperial Chargers now ( like they were around 300 denars before), so the minimum price of a War Horse is 500 denars (Steppe War Horse). This means if you loose 50 cavarlyman in battles, you also loose 25k+ denars for their horses and you need to spend 25k+ denars to replenish these men.
So, I suggest to remove this War Horse requirement for cavalry upgrades from the game at all. Let's imagine that when they get their initial Horse and receive upgrade after getting their experience they just find a new War Horse themselves like Legionaries find their 250k+ armor.

That´s going the wrong way, IMO. All units are redicoulously cheep to upgrade I think.

You pay nothing for the legoinary armour, you pay nothing for the Cathapracht armour but at least you have to pay for his horse.

I would like seeing tradegoods consumed when upgrading soldiers. Not touching the (war-)horse requirements. A prereq is ofc that upgraded armour makes a solid difference, whicxh it does not do today.

Back
Top Bottom