Please remove smithing tiredness mechanic

Users who are viewing this thread

It literally serves no purpose other than frustrating the player. We are already limited by resources which tend to be rather expensive to boot, limited by skill points and limited by need to rest after a while on top of that. It’s a sandbox, just let us craft and make something pretty.

I agree to a point, but I think it would be better to keep the mechanic and tweak it. Perhaps instead of 'waiting in town' to get your rest back. Have a set number of times per day you can do it, like 5 per day. It is expected to take a while to master smithing.

I agree to a point, but I think it would be better to keep the mechanic and tweak it. Perhaps instead of 'waiting in town' to get your rest back. Have a set number of times per day you can do it, like 5 per day. It is expected to take a while to master smithing.

Longer than conquering all of Calradia, mastering horsemanship and fencing etc? If we were able to hire someone to build us a sword I’d agree but being the only ones who can do it I really don’t appreciate it. If I have 1000 steel or a 1000 swords and coal what is limiting me to X per day going to do other than frustrate me

Longer than conquering all of Calradia, mastering horsemanship and fencing etc? If we were able to hire someone to build us a sword I’d agree but being the only ones who can do it I really don’t appreciate it. If I have 1000 steel or a 1000 swords and coal what is limiting me to X per day going to do other than frustrate me
Perhaps add that as a 'suggestion'? To have an NPC crafter where you just give them the materials. But they have a low% change to craft a masterwork item and no chance to craft a legendary. That way if you truly want the best you have to make it yourself. But if you don't want to then you have atleast another route and still potential for masterwork crafting just not legendary.

Instead of the current rest mechanic I would prefer it if the game would simply let each smithing action cost X in-game hours. So when you do a lot of smithing, then a lot of time on the campaign map passes. It is realistic, it makes sense, and it doesn't annoy the player.

remember in Warband where there was a waiting time after you learned a song from a bard, if that was brought back then I would be okay with it. I just don't get the random assortment of pieces that you have to work for. Just give us that ability to grind the resources, not some mear chance of us getting pieces.

Also agreed to a point. I'm not completely against removing it, but think that it'd better work by reducing the stamina cost by a bunch.
I went and tried smithing with cheat engine and it took me over 1000 coal and various other materials to raise smithing to 100 and unlock a handful of parts.
This progress is way too slow, even by M&B standards, even if the end rewards for getting over 200 skill are pretty good.

They could also adjust it. Make the stamina pool 1000 points. Also, you make charcoal in a kiln or oven in large batches. It does not take much stamina.

It literally serves no purpose other than frustrating the player. We are already limited by resources which tend to be rather expensive to boot, limited by skill points and limited by need to rest after a while on top of that. It’s a sandbox, just let us craft and make something pretty.

I agree.

Agreed. It currently feels very odd that it only regenerates when you wait in a town, rather than over time.

It would make sense if your character got tired by other things and had to rest, but since you can tirelessly ride and fight without rest for weeks on end, it feels like a very arbitrary restriction that you can only use the smithy again after resting in town.

Back
Top Bottom