SP - Economy PLEASE remove or nerf the "owner culture -3 loyalty"

Users who are viewing this thread

Seriusly talking here, i beg you to remove or nerf the ****ing different culture debuff, cause even if you raise security,stay full of food reserve, use a governor of the same culture, use festival and game(THAT ALSO GIVE ME 0.12 useless) im not able to rise loyalty at all ,I WOULD get 1600 gold per day--->i get 87!! (and dont tell me to rise charm at 200). Just nerf it to -1/-2 or better make it temporary for 30/60 days(people dont care who gorvern the city, they just need fun,food and a job.

If they removed it outright we'd never see rebellions happen in the hands of the AI or player.

Nerfing it might be an idea though, or giving the player more options to increase loyalty/buffing the existing options would be even better.

If they removed it outright we'd never see rebellions happen in the hands of the AI or player.
True but on the contrary, today AI holding conquered wrong-culture land is close to 100% to rebel.

I think the solution is some kind of "decisions" or policies, one time or over time, that handles different aspects of management with different payoffs.

today AI holding conquered wrong-culture land is close to 100% to rebel.
Not in my experience. You're supposed to push for policies that help the fiefs maintain loyalty. Try to make a good government and all that. In my campaign no city in my faction ever rebelled unless I intentionally manipulated their food supply out of spite for the owner.

That being said, you will be competing your influence with other lords to do this, mainly your faction leader. Try to push policies that limit their power first. You can also spend influence to propose, but not vote to avoid relation penalty with the other lords who vote. This will make those lords waste their influence on the proposal, and once they're low you can dominate the conversation. It's easier to do this as early as you can, because lords will get influence through fiefs and battles. In my late game the ruling clan has beyond 10k influence, so it would be hell to drain that out.

One of the main issues I have found with this is that it ruins the gameplay for non imperial factions beyond midgame for me to the extend that I pretty much quit every playthrough at that point and reroll imperial. Typically any sort on conquest just ends with a cycle of never-ending rebellions especially if non player vassal clans get awarded the towns.

The reason for this of course is that empire building as imperial's is so much easier as you have every city in the centre of the map not giving your faction a culture penalty.

One solution to this would be to nerf the penalty to say -1 when non imperial factions take another non imperial factions city that is not of their culture. an alternative that would help would be to nerf the penalty when it is a non-player clan being given control of the fief.

Personally I'd reverse the numbers of governors and owners.
Giving a owner penalty/bonus of 1 Loyality respectivly.
Also for Governor penalties, -3 for a wrong culture governor (AI clans usually not set governors too often in conquered towns at all) People are unhappy that their governor doesn't understand their culture obviously.
-1 for no governor at all. People want to have someone to represent them, but at least aren't angry about a wrong one.
+1 if the Governor matches the culture. Basicly nullyfieing the owner debuff. People feel represented well enogh. Who cares about the owner if the governor knows aboutt he peoples culture, somewhat keeps the owner "in check". Its probably not rare that a governor gives advices to the owner which things should be pushed through and which not. Obviously those advices not actually impleneted in the game, just a statement to things happening behind the scenes.

That way the AI would at least have a total of -2 in general for new fiefs. Thats a full loyality less and they should be somewhat stable. Also might help the game balance alltogether since.... for a proper war, the player literally has to join every single kingdom first, enable policies that help these kingdoms, then hope they wont abolish them until the player stabilized every single kingdom so these kingdoms can actually conquer anything. For the player kingdom that isn't a problem but... The player literally doesn't have to fear loosing fiefs, since if they are taken, raid a single village of that taken fief once its rebuilt and just wait for the rebellion and take it back. Thats getting even more of a problem if a AI kingdom has a brainstorm together and somehow enables a policy that decreases loyality... Then thats just effectivly "this kingdom can be ignored entirely" unless for a empire player vs a empire faction

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom