Please release a new mode soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mushbeast

Knight at Arms
I've been playing New World (and quit, for now) and while there's countless problems with the game, the Open World PvP had some real magic to it reminiscent to Mount and Blade battles. It's a ton of fun but the whole time I would just be thinking this would be so much better in Bannerlord.

Huge numbers of players, large maps where it's possible to use terrain and vegetation to your advantage, skill-based combat (only half-true on New World but it definitely plays a part.) and combined arms warfare. There's not many other games that can offer this experience and I know if it came down to the two the battles would be so much sweeter with Bannerlord combat.

Battle mode is what I picture to be the staple Mount and Blade multiplayer experience, and I could see the MP numbers shooting way back up if you offer this experience that very few games can. Thank you.

I've been playing New World (and quit, for now) and while there's countless problems with the game, the Open World PvP had some real magic to it reminiscent to Mount and Blade battles. It's a ton of fun but the whole time I would just be thinking this would be so much better in Bannerlord.

Huge numbers of players, large maps where it's possible to use terrain and vegetation to your advantage, skill-based combat (only half-true on New World but it definitely plays a part.) and combined arms warfare. There's not many other games that can offer this experience and I know if it came down to the two the battles would be so much sweeter with Bannerlord combat.

Battle mode is what I picture to be the staple Mount and Blade multiplayer experience, and I could see the MP numbers shooting way back up if you offer this experience that very few games can. Thank you.
Sounds like Persistent World mod for warband. I bet the modders will try to make one for BL as well.

I too hope that battle mode will release soon and in turn hopefully revive some of the community. I also hope the maps for battle mode will be less competitive style 3-5 lane maps and more of open battle scenes that you find in single player custom battle mode.

Sounds like Persistent World mod for warband. I bet the modders will try to make one for BL as well.
Sorry, I may not have made myself clear. I don't really want a New-World type experience in Bannerlord, though I am still very keen on Persistant World.

I mainly mean just offering a large scale multiplayer mode, such as Battle or the new similar mode they are working on. In my opinion, this is what most people would imagine when they think of Mount and Blade multiplayer. Siege is great and offers this to an extent but I feel like battle mode would give an even grander sense of scale to the battles.

I too hope that battle mode will release soon and in turn hopefully revive some of the community. I also hope the maps for battle mode will be less competitive style 3-5 lane maps and more of open battle scenes that you find in single player custom battle mode.
I agree completely and I think there's no doubt about the fact that offering a mode like this would revive multiplayer almost instantly (though the staying power would depend on how well the mode and balance is implemented). I'd prefer large open maps as well as they'd serve almost like a sandbox, and it must surely be a simpler task to create a battle map than a siege map in terms of mapping detail.

really hoped by the time i got bored of new world bannerlord would have battle mode;

any developers here to give a date on when we get the 1 life mode?

plz by the end of this year

As far as new modes go, i think what i'd like to see is something similar to a "Zombie infection" mode, though instead of zombies, it could be lords vs peasants

Lords team would play by standard Skirmish rules

Peasants will always be the Vlandia faction, and have only one unit:

Peasant Levy (Improved Armor)
Weapon 1: Randomized from this selection
Pugio
Woodsplitter Axe
Eastern Sickle
Pickaxe
Metal Hammer
Billhook

Weapon 2: 70/30 chance between Sling and Metal Pitchfork

6 bots will start off in the Peasants team and will gradually leave the game for every 2 peasants that join after the 8th player that turns into a peasant.

The lords must survive for 10 minutes and with only 300 gold's worth of respawns. If they do not have enough gold to spawn as another unit, they will be moved to the peasants team, who in turn can respawn indefinitely until all players are peasants.

Back
Top Bottom