Please make betting on board games availablein easy mode

Users who are viewing this thread

I just lost all my starting money trying to make some money on Konane, the AI is way too good at this stupid game. Why cant we bet in easy mode? Now you forced me to turn restart the game since all my money is gone when this was supposed to get me some fast money to avoid having to spend 2 real life hours in the practice fights hiding in a corner to kill the last dude and gain 250 gold Now I'm going to have to spend even more than 2 hours int he stupid Arena

Stop turning this game into a huge grind. I have all settings on easiest, so let me bet money on an easy to beat game of Konane instead of forcing me to play the AI at it's best

/rant

Games are supposed to be fun, not a grind, if I want to do a repetitive grind I'll play a pay to win mobile game or a roblox game, Mount& blade is about the movie/adventure book first person perspective total war experience not an annoying grind for money and xp

In what way a good AI for mini games could make the game feels more grindy? Seriously, people should stop using the same argue for trying to make the game easier and easier.

On the other hand, there are tons of ways of making a huge amount of money in this game, without much effort. Try this just after starting a new campaign:

- Go directly to Seonon while recruiting 20 dudes in the way.
- Buy all mules you can pay.
- Sell them in Marunath and Dunglanys (you are going to triplicate your starting money really fast).
- After that, you can continue doing some manual trading, or just make some quests which give a lot of money like “landowner needs manual laborers” or “train troops”. It is easy to find the manual laborers quest because it usually appears in the same villages. You can get +10k with this quest if mixing it with caravan ambush which gives you pretty valuable prisoners after defeating these bandits.
- Buy your first workshop, I usually buy a Wool Wavery in Galend which give me 200-300 daily.
- Then there are plenty of ways of making money extremely easy like smithing, or simply buying workshops while doing manual trading, or just enable cheats and get the money you want in early game.

Anyway, it would be great if we could get a slider for economy difficulty. I find making money pretty damn easy because I usually enjoy challenging games, while other people just want to play eventually and prefer getting everything with ease, so everyone would be happy with this.

Konane is easily the hardest minigame, requiring a skillset similar to that of chess to play well, and it was apparently relatively easy to code a decent AI for it compared to say Tablut (a potentially difficult game but the AI sucks). Literally any other game would be easier and more fun to start, except for MuTorere which is too simple and just gets into repetitive loops.

Also see Tavern Board Games Tips and Tricks.

That said, you make a good point. When the AI for all the games is final, it is a good idea that either the hardest AI be behind harder difficulty settings, or that betting limits scale to difficulty choice. If as a good player of game X I spend 5-10 minutes to uncertainly get 500 denars once per town (if a competitor is available in the tavern, which is like 50-50), that's hardly easy money in this game, especially not if the AI is improved (and I support improving the AI to make the games potentially more fun as a player's skill improves).

Last edited:
Another good way to make money in Seonon is to buy all the hardwood you can and refine it to charcoal. Then sell it and buy it back (this will make it count for trading) and sell it in Manunath and Pen Cannoc. You'll triple your money and get lots of trade points. Plus you'll raise smithing as a bonus.

It's easy enough to make money in this game. Please dont make it easier. You dont really need instant gratification even tho most game since 2008 makes you think you need it.

Back
Top Bottom