Please make archers react to cavalry again

Users who are viewing this thread

Philozoraptor

Sergeant
Hello, I have alrady reported this as a bug, but then I learnt that it is probably a feature.

In the version 1.5.6 and later, archers and horse archers do not react to enemy cavalry and HA unless they are in 50 metres range. This supposed exploit fix creates even bigger exploit, because player and his horse archers can literally stand in 60-100 range from enemy archers and kill them freely without any reaction from them. Also you can flank (or ven frontally charge) archers freely with cavalry and they will not react until its too late.

Please would it be possible to revert this feature or at least could some of the devs tell me in which part of the code is this feature written so it can be removed by mod?

I don't know what's going on... I get the impression that despite playing in realistic/challenging the AI is getting worse as we progress through the patches. Artificial deficiency...

Most important thing TW can do right now is give the players and the AI (maybe they already have this?) the option to order specific formations to attack specific enemy formations. And of course to increase the intelligence of the NPC combat/formations AI.

I originally thought this was a bug and reported it. However later I learnt that it is probably a fix to player exploit (why do player exploits against AI even matter in SP?) that allowed him and his cavalry to waste enemy arrows by running from one side to other.

Most important thing TW can do right now is give the players and the AI (maybe they already have this?) the option to order specific formations to attack specific enemy formations. And of course to increase the intelligence of the NPC combat/formations AI.
I would love if they added an ability to tell your units to concentrate on a certain unit type. Its so annoying to want your cav to attack enemy archers from behind but they got and get into melee with infantry or go chasing a couple of enemy cav units.

Back
Top Bottom