Please make a new system for making babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

And if you save scum, RNG Jesus could bless you with a couple days waiting time if you lucky. Which also is a horrible way to play around it.

Unwise player save scum.
Wise player saves ***.

Joking aside i think the purpose of children as just successors to your playthrough is a bit boring. Having children as a noble should be a big deal, and you shouldn't just get unilateral control over them when you die. Having 10 kids should be perfectly possible but also a disaster as half your realm is divided up between jealous brother. You would be guaranteed a successor but also in a precarious and slightly weakened position.

I also think bandits and other players with no actual inheritance should want to have a lot of sons. Roleplaying as the 7 bandit brothers could be fun, if there was anything interesting about being a bandit that is.

Ningauble

Sergeant at Arms
Unwise player save scum.
Wise player saves ***.

Joking aside i think the purpose of children as just successors to your playthrough is a bit boring. Having children as a noble should be a big deal, and you shouldn't just get unilateral control over them when you die. Having 10 kids should be perfectly possible but also a disaster as half your realm is divided up between jealous brother. You would be guaranteed a successor but also in a precarious and slightly weakened position.

I also think bandits and other players with no actual inheritance should want to have a lot of sons. Roleplaying as the 7 bandit brothers could be fun, if there was anything interesting about being a bandit that is.
Exactly.
Good writing should encompass royal / noble family squabbles, between siblings, and half siblings ( ie of subsequent wives ).
Christian and Islamic medieval history is full of power plays, succession murders, and internecine warfare, involving widows and rival " heirs ".
This could make for very interesting powerful families ...........

So, forget TW, but is this sort of deep writing / RPG thing achievable in BL, by even a top modding team ?

I am late to this discussion. I was thinking about something like this yesterday. Instead of just waiting for something to happen, it occurred to me that being in a settlement, at the throne window maybe, the option to "spend some warm time with your partner". The game advances automatically for 2 hours and you get a message indicating what activity they had: they chatted, drank, walked around the city, got romantic, argued over differences, etc. If the activity ended in sex, it counts as meeting in a settlement and the next day there may or may not be a pregnancy. It does not give the security of pregnancy, but if I tried it

fun stories to read, even somewhat erotic, could be generated, with results depending on the traits of both characters.
That sounds pretty good but may I add that instead of just the dialog a better option would be to generate a quest and actually take your partner out for a "date."

Is he/she a rowdy, social sort? A night out at the tavern and sipping ale sounds great! Are they hopelessly romantic? A picnic by the lake. Are they the energetic sort? Take them to a tournament and make some bets!

A pet peeve of mine is excessive use of tooltips in videogames. If I wanted to spend half my playtime reading I'd actually read a book instead. Indie studios in particular need to start adopting a "Show don't tell" approach to video game design.

Exactly.
Good writing should encompass royal / noble family squabbles, between siblings, and half siblings ( ie of subsequent wives ).
Christian and Islamic medieval history is full of power plays, succession murders, and internecine warfare, involving widows and rival " heirs ".
This could make for very interesting powerful families ...........

So, forget TW, but is this sort of deep writing / RPG thing achievable in BL, by even a top modding team ?
Absolutely but you're not going to have a deep NPC side simulation, that would just be pure RNG.

You could add in a number of events such as for example:

IF NPC x hates NPC y AND there is a conflict of interest(ascension, marriage targets etc.) Every day/week roll a dice with a chance of generating an event(Assassination plot 0.1%, Damage Reputation 2% etc.) IF Event is generated, generate quest for player. For example either carry out or foil the assassination. After, let's say a week and the player doesn't interact, roll a dice and simulate the outcome and apply the effects.

You could put in dozens of these events and it can be done by both modders and devs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom