please increase the maximum carrying capacity (from 4 to 5 slots)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not many know this, but you can still headshot the rider even if he's right next to you. And still if all fails, you still have your sword.

I get being 100% accurate with arrows is good but what can a sword do against the unblock-able horse bump strikes?

I have not tried stabbing the foot of the cavalryman before the horse head can stun you, (assuming the cavalry is going in for a unblock-able horse bump strike)does the length of a longsword outreach the stun range of the horse head?(this is assuming that any strike to the cavalry will not kill it because damage to mounts do not interrupt the rider's attack)

thank you for replying

Last edited:
I get being 100% accurate with arrows is good but what can a sword do against the unblock-able horse bump strikes?
Positioning. Cav cannot bump you if they don't have enough speed.
I have not tried stabbing the foot of the cavalryman before the horse head can stun you, (assuming the cavalry is going in for a unblock-able horse bump strike)does the length of a longsword outreach the stun range of the horse head?
No, if you are trying to hit the rider. But like mentioned before, bump hitting is not guaranteed unless foot unit is standing still in the open. If foot unit is mindful of his positioning he cannot get bump hit. Tbh I cannot remember the last time I was bump hit.

Positioning. Cav cannot bump you if they don't have enough speed.
If foot unit is mindful of his positioning he cannot get bump hit. Tbh I cannot remember the last time I was bump hit.
it is good that you do not get bump hit alot, as it is very frustrating to play against if there is no defense to it (in open ground as you stated if you do not have a spear or 100% accuracy bow)

I do get cav bump unblock-able struck alot, but only by the same few very talented people (the same people that can kick you 100% of the time if you are a really slow class like heavy cavalry)

I think you overestimate the safety of walls and other "positioning" elements because cavalry can still horse bump unblock-able strike you when you are against a wall, they will just be more vulnerable after bc they will be reared/available to punish afterwards bc they are stopped by wall which does not matter if they kill you with the unblock-able horse bump strike anyway.

the only "positioning" I see that is defensible (besides an elevated position etc) is a tree or column where you can circle it endlessly to avoid the cav-bump

I just do not believe this is a good addition to the game because it is not fun to play against (it is fun to do to others though) and would like to remove it from the game to encourage more dismounted melee instead (given the removal of the movement penalty on dismounted cavalry, so that cavalry can more freely engage in dismounted combat rather then rely on unblock-able strikes)

Cavalry would still have the unblock-able couching mechanic(without shield) but at least that can be chamber blocked (couching should not be a able to lance through the horse's head on the left side of the horse)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom