please increase the maximum carrying capacity (from 4 to 5 slots)

Users who are viewing this thread

Please increase the carrying capacity from 4 slots to 5.

Having only 4 slots is a problem when I play as an archer and cannot pick up an additional weapon(a spear). I understand this is part of the original design, but I do think a more rational approach to the equipment system would be beneficial.

For example, archers should not have access to a spear at all times because that would be unbalanced. However if we make spears(or pikes) unable to be stored on your back then an archer can only have access to the spear while equipped.

This way archers could use spears without having to drop their swords(assuming you have a bow/quiver and a shield) but still not be able to switch between bow to spear quickly.

This would discourage the current practice of archers dropping their swords to pick up spears and would also help cavalry engage with archers because archers can not pull out a spear floating behind them.

Last edited:
One more suggestion trying to push to a general less split class division between cav archers and inf.

The point is specialization and teamwork, not everything has to be good at everything that's boring. Get teammates with spears to protect the archer.

For all these years I dreamt of swinging a menavlion in each hand when on horseback.
Yes, now is the time, thank you Jesus!
:iamamoron:

On a more serious note, I think Warband had the perfect formula and 4 slots are more than enough for a MP environment. On the other hand in SP there has been some suggestions to introduce the 5th slot so that the mount may be able to carry it stuck to saddle (fleeing or dead mount the item is no longer accessible if not equipped)... via perk could be interesting (plausible).

Please increase the carrying capacity from 4 slots to 5.

Having only 4 slots is a problem when I play as an archer and cannot pick up an additional weapon(a spear). I understand this is part of the original design, but I do think a more rational approach to the equipment system would be beneficial.

For example, archers should not have access to a spear at all times because that would be unbalanced. However if we make spears(or pikes) unable to be stored on your back then an archer can only have access to the spear while equipped.

This way archers could use spears without having to drop their swords(assuming you have a bow/quiver and a shield) but still not be able to switch between bow to spear quickly.

This would discourage the current practice of archers dropping their swords to pick up spears and would also help cavalry engage with archers because archers can not pull out a spear floating behind them.

It would have been fun if Bannerlord from the outset had implemented a more nuanced equipment/loadout system, something like Dagger-sized weapons only requiring half a slot etc (or maybe everyone having a single slot that can only hold Dagger-sized weapons). But we're so far past the point any of this is worth discussing lol.
I don't really disagree with your crusade on non-sheathable polearms, but that'd require significant AI rewrites and gameplay balances and would've needed to have been something they committed to in Alpha. I kinda wish they had too in some ways, but we're far past that.

It would have been fun if Bannerlord from the outset had implemented a more nuanced equipment/loadout system, something like Dagger-sized weapons only requiring half a slot etc (or maybe everyone having a single slot that can only hold Dagger-sized weapons). But we're so far past the point any of this is worth discussing lol.
I don't really disagree with your crusade on non-sheathable polearms, but that'd require significant AI rewrites and gameplay balances and would've needed to have been something they committed to in Alpha. I kinda wish they had too in some ways, but we're far past that.

I do not think ai needs to be involved.

This is just a pvp multiplayer concept, I think the majority of taleworlds designs (class
system with different running speeds, perks that change how the fundamental combat mechanics function etc) are centered around captain mode/single-player ai combat.

The player versus player experience is very exact, asymmetrical design is usually contrary to fun gameplay in the multiplayer experience.

Think of halo, call of duty or even chess; all these games try to give players the same exact tools to compete with their opponents; making skill differential the only differentiating factor in who wins the match(not saying an asymmetrical design is not possible as some games do it well)

I think the multiplayer experience needs to be equalized rather then differentiated. Having classes the just run faster for no logical reason is infuriating to play against (like how some tier 1 factions do not have a speed bonus compared to other factions). Having all these differences in single-player really does not matter but in a multiplayer setting if a unit has even a +1 speed advantage(without gear) a person will troll an entire game by running away from everyone.

Common sense changes are happening(to taleworlds credit), all heavy infantry got their speeds equalized to 80 (and they all have access to a perk increasing speed at the same value), taleworlds just needs to realize that other classes need that equalization too (horse combat is terrible right now with half-armored aserai horse running faster then un-armored horses; just seems like a basic concept that fully armored horses run slower then half-armored horses and that un-armored horses run the fastest)

If everyone had spears, why would anyone pick cav?
If everyone also had shields, why would anyone pick archers?
If everyone also had bows/other ranged, why would anyone in their right mind pick a 2-hander class?

Now that 4/4 slots have been taken (spear, shield, ranged weapon+ammo), you can't get a proper melee weapon. If we had 5 slots, you would also get a good 1-hander and then everyone would have everything and there is one unfun, unrealistic, minmax build with no point.

@CaNpoG
If everyone had spears, why would anyone pick cav?

to fight other cav, you can still kill players with spears and archers who dont have spears bc i am not just advocating 5 slots but also a non sheath-able spear weapon so players wont be overpowered as you describe

If everyone also had shields, why would anyone pick archers?

to kill other archers and the horses cavalry ride on plus you can always surround infantry when you outnumber them

If everyone also had bows/other ranged, why would anyone in their right mind pick a 2-hander class?

this is given an armor system that offered more realistic protection against arrows

Now that 4/4 slots have been taken (spear, shield, ranged weapon+ammo), you can't get a proper melee weapon. If we had 5 slots, you would also get a good 1-hander and then everyone would have everything and there is one unfun, unrealistic, minmax build with no point.
[/QUOTE]

that would still not allowed a 2 handed weapon, and if you switch weapons you would lose your spear thus being vulnerable to cavalry,

in napoleon everyone used a bayonet yet it was still perfect (imo) diversity does not mean good design

Be mindful of your positioning and don't miss your shot when cav is charging at you. In short: Just get good.
what does mindful of your positioning actually mean(if by that you mean just be in a place where cavalry can't get you then yeah that is a good idea)? if you are in an open field what can you do besides jump around/maneuver(this eventually fails if you have no offense) to prevent that unblock-able horse bump strike?

also not many know this but cavalry can interrupt archer shots by nudging the head of the horse into the archer at a particular angle and starting your melee strike similar to how it works in foot combat(this is getting buffed in 1.72) so if you just have your bow out and the cavalry mount is not able to be killed with one shot to the head(or quickly)you are lost?(I can see you winning if you just hit 100% of your shots to the foot of the cavalryman where he cannot block with his shield, but I guess I simply do not like the horse unblock-able bump strike mechanic because I like to melee instead of shoot and I wish there was a melee defense to the unblock-able horse bump strike without a spear)

Last edited:
what does mindful of your positioning actually mean(if by that you mean just be in a place where cavalry can't get you then yeah that is a good idea)?
Walls, trees or anything that cav cannot charge straight into without getting reared.
if you are in an open field what can you do besides jump around randomly to prevent that unblock-able horse bump strike?
That's just bad positioning and cav has caught you with your pants down and archer should be punished for that. You still have chance to land your shot successfully, but if you fail it's all your fault.
also not many know this but cavalry can interrupt archer shots by nudging the head of the horse into the archer at a particular angle(this is getting buffed in 1.72) so if you just have your bow out and the cavalry mount is not able to be killed with one shot to the head you are maybe lost?
Not many know this, but you can still headshot the rider even if he's right next to you. And still if all fails, you still have your sword. That's why your positioning is important, because even if cav is a strong class, walls are still their greatest enemy.

Back
Top Bottom