please help me understand how attributes and focus points work

Users who are viewing this thread

zentg

Recruit
no matter how many videos or articles i read i just don't get it.

Like for example I want my main skills to be bow and charm, so I fill the 5 focus points in them it increases the Green area which I assume is how far they can learn it?

but then they say attributes also increase the green area, but when I put the attribute points in nothing changes, whats up with that?

If you hover over the background (i.e. just away from any perk), you'll get a 'learning limit' popup which tells you what contributes to the limit.

Short answer - focus points contribute much more than the base attribute. The difference between a 2 (+10) and a 5 (+40) value for the attribute only makes a difference of 30 to the learning limit. Each focus point adds 30. So if you have a 5 attribute and 5 focus points on a skill, the attribute is only contributing 40 to the learning limit, while the focus points contribute 150.

Plus the green area isn't a hard limit. You can go around 50 or 60 points higher, but it'll just get slower and slower until it finally goes red and you won't get any more skill points after that

Like many things in life you...
1.) Figure it out, in other words, read.
2.) If you can't figure it out, use google.
5.) Ask your grandmother.
10.) If you really can't figure it out, go to the patch notes posts and ask there.
20.) Post a question on the official TW forum.

C'mon dude, do you really have to flood the forum with posts asking questions for problems that you can solve yourself by playing the game? c'mon guy what are we doing here? I'm no Mensa kid but I'm sure this isn't something I'd struggle with.

Last edited:
10.) If you really can't figure it out, go to the patch notes posts and ask there.
20.) Post a question on the official TW forum.
Why bloat patch note threads with questions about game mechanics unless it was specifically changed in that patch? 10) should be: search for a thread related to the question and ask there.

42.) Decompile the dlls and analyze the code. Then answer the thread you started in case someone else is interested.

Why bloat patch note threads with questions about game mechanics unless it was specifically changed in that patch? 10) should be: search for a thread related to the question and ask there.

42.) Decompile the dlls and analyze the code. Then answer the thread you started in case someone else is interested.
Its a low-medium effort troll attempt, just laugh at it and give thanks that sparks still exist on this forum.

Its a low-medium effort troll attempt, just laugh at it and give thanks that sparks still exist on this forum.
This guy right here.

OP once created a thread asking how to create a battering ram but I'm the bad guy? OP, how about you play the game and use your God given brain and stop flooding the forum with threads that ask questions that can be answered by playing the game or by googling the question first?

I wasn't even trolling, just trying to give OP a heads up. because god knows what he's going to ask next. How to upgrade troops? Spark? what are you even talking about? give it a rest will you?

This guy right here.

OP once created a thread asking how to create a battering ram but I'm the bad guy? OP, how about you play the game and use your God given brain and stop flooding the forum with threads that ask questions that can be answered by playing the game or by googling the question first?

I wasn't even trolling, just trying to give OP a heads up. because god knows what he's going to ask next. How to upgrade troops? Spark? what are you even talking about? give it a rest will you?
Yeah, a few threads asking questions about game mechanics is really interfering with enjoyment of all the threads complaining about stuff.

This guy right here.

I like you (y)

Yeah, a few threads asking questions about game mechanics is really interfering with enjoyment of all the threads complaining about stuff.
Go spam a Bannerlord subreddit if you want to ask basic questions that you can solve by playing the game and using your common sense, God the game has already been dumbed down significantly.

Bannerlord doesn't have the same level of complication that a game like CK3 has. If you can't figure out these questions on your own, then God help you. How to build a battering ram? really? How about you play the game, use your eyes, read then press some buttons.

Hey now, there are also interesting suggestions and threads relating to coding, moding etc, in this forum. The threads complaining about stuff are probably coming from people who want a good quality game but are frustrated by what they are seeing.

Ok, that's enough from me, I think a forum moderator's going to hit me with another warning any second now.

Last edited:
Go spam a Bannerlord subreddit if you want to ask basic questions that you can solve by playing the game and using your common sense, God the game has already been dumbed down significantly.

Bannerlord doesn't have the same level of complication that a game like CK3 has. If you can't figure out these questions on your own, then God help you. How to build a battering ram? really? How about you play the game, use your eyes, read then press some buttons.

Hey now, there are also interesting suggestions and threads relating to coding, moding etc, in this forum. The threads complaining about stuff are probably coming from people who want a good quality game but are frustrated by what they are seeing.

Ok, that's enough from me, I think a forum moderator's going to hit me with another warning any second now.
I'm not the OP. You seem to be confused.

So people shouldn't be able to ask questions on the forum about mechanics? You're lying if you said you knew the formula for skill caps before that reddit post or video. This guy clearly didn't see it as he's using the forums to ask questions.

The threads complaining about stuff are probably coming from people who want a good quality game but are frustrated by what they are seeing.
But we have to deal with **** posts from people who can't handle getting a short term mute/ban? (not talking bout you)

Sounds like a great place

Last edited:

Last time I checked the game forums were the first place to check for this kind of stuff not reddit. Asking a straightforward question has nothing to do with dumbing down the game. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom