Please help me TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

It is not ideal for the language purist, but I suspect you might not have a choice :smile: . To be honest, I don't think that the average player would really feel so strongly about the accuracy as long as the names are similar and kind of make sense. I know that for movies and books names are sometimes changed quite a lot (I am Italian and I can tell you that the names in Harry Potter books translations are completely different from their English version. Same with movie titles).

Yeah, you are right.

People don't much care about how accurate translations are.

But well, as a translator, I think it's my duty to translate them accurately as far as possible.

I can't really do all of them. All the languages in the game have been tweaked a bit so there's not necessarily a right answer.

1) Personal names and clan names are mostly based off pre-Islamic or early Islamic names.
2) There are some Arabic toponyms - Husn for castle, Ain for spring, Bir for well, Ezba/t for estate (that might be an anachronism, though), Kafr for village. You can probably work those out with a Hans Wehr.
3) Some other places - ie, Iyakis - are supposed to reflect that modern Arabic toponymy is often very layered. Ie, a place in Egypt might be ancient Egyptian/Coptic => Greek => Arabic. Every transliteration changes the word slightly, so if the final transliteration into Korean is a little "off," that actually adds to the authenticity.

@nijis

Sorry for bothering you but I need to know exactly so well,

I did read your reply with more time.

You mean, some of those toponyms which have confusing or nonexistent in Arabic spellings in-game are very layered like real history (e.g some places in Egypt), so there are no 'correct' translations.

If I understood rightly, what about other toponyms? I can't translate them correctly without the Arabic alphabet

And also who is Hans Wehr?

Last edited:
If I understood rightly, what about other toponyms? I can't translate them correctly without the Arabic alphabet

And also who is Hans Wehr?

Sorry - Hans Wehr is the main English-Arabic dictionary.

I think the main place names are Ezbat (Estate), Kafr (Village), Askar (Camp), Husn (Castle), Qalat (Citadel, qala'a), Bir (well) and Ain (spring). Nakhl is "palm tree." For the rest, they are just personal names or layered names, with no "right" answer. Husn Fulq for example is Fulq's Castle.

@nijis

Oh and by the way, can you guys make a Korea forum? Well, members of Korean fan cafe(it's kind of reddit) has reached 183,549 people now and another fansite named 'Mount and Blades Minor Gallery' is activated so I think it's not that bad idea.

I think the main place names are Ezbat (Estate), Kafr (Village), Askar (Camp), Husn (Castle), Qalat (Citadel, qala'a), Bir (well) and Ain (spring). Nakhl is "palm tree." For the rest, they are just personal names or layered names, with no "right" answer. Husn Fulq for example is Fulq's Castle.

Thank you for your kind answers, mashallah.

Aye, I finally got what you want to tell me. There is no 'right' translation (transliteration) because they are personal or layered names, so there is no need for Arabic alphabets and pronunciations too. Am I right?

And FYI actually i was trying to do a transliteration to translate them because they are names and toponyms in a foreign language, so that's why I said I need those alphabets and pronunciations.

Last edited:

@nijis Do you know where you guys found those personal (Ukhai, Unqid, etc) names? Of course, I will search for them but it would be better if I can know where to get them.

Please tell me if you know, and by the way, I played this game for over 300 hrs and I'm sure this game will be a masterpiece inshallah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom