Please give us Early access for pay!

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no such thing as voting up/down on the TW forums, this isn't reddit. You can express your thoughts here but despite any number of posts here TW is not obliged to release the game in early access.

Gab-AG. said:
SirStart said:
Lord Brutus said:
Only forum legends should be allowed to participate in the beta.  :razz:

Dunno wha i would be counted as, as i have been a member since 2005 but have been passive from time to  time. XD

Pfffft. Not allowed in the cool kids club!

haha aw come one! on the Ninth o November i have actually been a member o this forum fer 12 years XD dunno how many o ye gits tha can say tha XD

SirStart said:
Gab-AG. said:
SirStart said:
Lord Brutus said:
Only forum legends should be allowed to participate in the beta.  :razz:

Dunno wha i would be counted as, as i have been a member since 2005 but have been passive from time to  time. XD

Pfffft. Not allowed in the cool kids club!

haha aw come one! on the Ninth o November i have actually been a member o this forum fer 12 years XD dunno how many o ye gits tha can say tha XD

I hardly posted anything since I joined the forums back in 2009... Now, for the past 6 months I try to keep online for as long as I can to maybe get a knight status and be eligible for some closed beta. But Im guessing knighthood is not gonna be enought. Maybe sargeant knight? I dont know, this statuses are so elusive to me...

Dawg of War said:
No early access... good lord.  Your patience will be greatly rewarded.

Well, we'll see. After five plus years, if it isn't the best damned Mount and Blade experience we've ever had, then the TaleWorlds team will probably need to move to an undisclosed location deep within the Ural mountains!

Mighty Potato God said:
maybe give youtubers some lil acces close to the relase? plz taleworlds i beg ye

They already did this.

See: the Captain mode gameplay videos, like the one from eurogamer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K92g8mtqXBE

and the ones to these 2 lucky couples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kcwGFWTxpc&t=306s

I would pay for early access to the game.  As it's not a story-driven game and many play-throughs are expected, nothing would get ruined by an early access.  Would also give modders a head start on their projects, which would benefit everyone.

I'd rather it didn't. The rise of Early Access for games with actual financial backing and resources seems like a pointless exercise. I'm worried that the end game won't be that impressive if we play it throughout Early Access, and EA seems to give developers an excuse to extend development even further, since they're already making money with the game. I've seen it countless times.

Unfortunately, the whole "seeming less impressive" thing is exactly why I can't get into Don't Starve. I played it throughout early access intermittently, and a lot when it first went into EA, and now I just find it dull when I go back to it now. I recognize that this is a personal thing, though, and not everyone feels this way.

Regardless, let the game come out when it comes out. Next you're going to be asking for Elder Scrolls 6 Early Access... Can't we just get a complete package, when it's finished? TaleWorlds is no longer a dinky little indie studio, scraping pennies together to get by. They do not need crowdfunding of any kind to make this game happen. Impatience from a vocal minority is not a good enough reason, in my opinion.

Having said that, I'd be fine with a FREE, limited open beta (limited in terms of features, not number of users). Let's say, a limited PvP open beta, with one map and a limited selection of weapons, factions, etc. so players can test and offer feedback on the state of combat and such.

Polycount said:
Having said that, I'd be fine with a FREE, limited open beta (limited in terms of features, not number of users). Let's say, a limited PvP open beta, with one map and a limited selection of weapons, factions, etc. so players can test and offer feedback on the state of combat and such.

That could potentially kill Bannerlord as people complain and moan about the incompleteness of the free beta and bad first impressions stemming from this stay even past full release. New customers wont be following development, they look at the reviews and ratings on the stor page, which will parrot whatever negative opinions first made about the game early on even if things improve, and thus loss sales. Any demo would have to include far more than that, and there would have to be an actual announcement for a release date before a demo should be released or else people will wonder what Taleworlds is doing putting a demo/beta out with no release date.

Polycount said:
EA seems to give developers an excuse to extend development even further, since they're already making money with the game. I've seen it countless times.

You cannot extend what is already indefinite.

Back
Top Bottom