Please give me back my auto-blocking

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys since you took 10 years to make a sequel, now I am 40+, old, slow, and I play M&B games for the atmosphere.
Every game before Bannerlord had a simplified blocking system, where I could just time my block click and block whatever automatically.
Since this feature is gone now, I simply cannot fight any peasant even because I am not a Counterstrike champion to time both my blocks and the direction.
And I don't want to, really.
This was completely fine before with blocking working on auto according to enemy attack direction. Just want this feature back, otherwise I cannot enjoy the game, ever.

Agree.
Atleast player should keep blocking different direction by just moving mouse.
Right now I have to release RMB and move mouse and click RMB again to change block direction.

+1. Will probably just refund the game if auto-block isn't implemented. I'm too old, and the system is just super clunky.

Agree.
Atleast player should keep blocking different direction by just moving mouse.
Right now I have to release RMB and move mouse and click RMB again to change block direction.

I'd even take that - half my issues with blocking are reacting wrongly at first and then not having time to change once I notice. Auto-block would be better, though.

Until auto block is implemented into the game which i think it will do eventually just use a shield for now not a 2h etc and buy 2 of them incase 1 breaks in battle only work around i can see for the time being

Thank you for support guys!
Devs - we just want to enjoy the game for strategy, economy, adventuring, RPG, atmosphere and occasional combat.

1) Please get auto-blocking back in.
2) Please get attack relative to enemy position back in.
Same as they were implemented in Warband.

They were very simple game options, but you have no idea how much less stressful they make any melee for a casual player.

Last edited:
I'd just like to add my voice to the list: Devs, please bring auto block-direction for single-player back! A lot of us players are getting on in years and no longer have the reflexes for twitch reaction gameplay (and some of us never had the reflexes, like me). It's a much-missed feature for me and severely limits the play styles I can use.

Agree - I can't figure this out. There's too much going on in front of me to focus properly on the combat and God knows what it will be like if two enemies come at me at once.

I refunded. Will buy again or not once there is some kind of clarification on this issue.

The inexplicable absence of this feature is super strange. Stranger still is the lack of response.

Imagine for a second there is a crosshair in the middle of your screen. Wherever you put your shield regardless of which direction you are blocking will block the shot. Learn to move your character and develop proper footwork so that you place your shield in front of their sword, not hoping for them to just HIT it you gotta learn to BLOCK it. You dont message the Devs at activision do you when you cant properly aim your gun and ask for homing bullets do you? Learn how to combat, turn up your sensitivity a bit and pull back your third person camera to make it easier

Imagine for a second there is a crosshair in the middle of your screen. Wherever you put your shield regardless of which direction you are blocking will block the shot. Learn to move your character and develop proper footwork so that you place your shield in front of their sword, not hoping for them to just HIT it you gotta learn to BLOCK it. You dont message the Devs at activision do you when you cant properly aim your gun and ask for homing bullets do you? Learn how to combat, turn up your sensitivity a bit and pull back your third person camera to make it easier
I'm not sure what the devs at Activision have to do with anything. People are asking for a feature that's not only been in the game since original Mount & Blade, but it was the default setting and thats what many many players have gotten used to through years of playing the previous game. I'm sure Activision doesn't just arbitrarily change the control schemes of their game series from one version to the next.

Back
Top Bottom