Please give AI some sense of closeness so it stops trying to siege castles halfway across the map just because it has 10 fewer defenders

Users who are viewing this thread

This plus a 1000.

Taking castles and towns along the border should be a priority. In my 1.2 game the factions are taking towns halfway across the map. No kingdom has a contiguous territory anymore, they are all mixed together in the center of the map.

Please make it stop!

I completely agree with this. It would be nice if the ai tries to hold on to what they take just a little bit, instead of just castle flipping and raiding everything.

In my lategame with 2 kingdoms left, the AI just took a string of castles and cities deep in our territory. I was thinking huh, if I take this one castle I can cut all of that off, except it doesn't work like that. I was thinking then, that castles should be given a role, and maybe mods will make it happen - make castles do something, that makes them necessary to take, if you want to proceed in that direction. You know like in real life lol. Maybe they should be blocking chokepoints, or harassing caravans or something. Right now there is no difference if a castle is right on the border or in the middle of enemy kingdom. It was like in that in warband as well, though it didn't seem so bad there, and these things could be developed further.

Last edited:
Please give AI some sense of closeness so it stops trying to siege castles halfway across the map just because it has 10 fewer defenders
I laughed so hard when I joined an army and they came to besiege a city which was on the border (which seemed logical), but then an enemy army came with a big advantange in troops number. Aand, the army leader decided to besiege a castle literally in the middle of enemy territory :grin:

In my playthrough Raganvad was going to siege my Revil, I taken from battanians. All villages on his way were raided by battanians and vlandians. So poor Raganvad's army wasn't able to gain any food and starving. 1.3 beta

In my playthrough Raganvad was going to siege my Revil, I taken from battanians. All villages on his way were raided by battanians and vlandians. So poor Raganvad's army wasn't able to gain any food and starving. 1.3 beta
That stupid Raganvad was cornered by Khuzaits in my playthrough, so I joined Sturgia as a mercenary in a name of Great Justice. Together we had an opportunity to take back Sibir and Tyal, which were very close to Varnovapol, the last city Sturgians had. But guess what? Raganvad gathered an army and... STARTED RAIDING VILLAGES! Instead of re-taking his own cities, he was walking around raiding every village in sight, and when all the villages in Sturgia region were raided, he went STRAIGHT INTO THE KHUZAITS TERRITORY TO RAID VILLAGES THERE! What a stupid idiot of a ruler is he, I left him when I realised he's hopeless even with my best of the best tier-5 200 men party. He was captured by Khuzaits army, of course, and Varnovapol was taken by Battanians, since there was no one to defend it.

And one more proof of his ultimate stupidity: having a total amount of troops in all faction of about 1500 men (including my party) HE DECLARED WAR ON EVERY FACTION EXCEPT FOR ASERAI! I'll never join Sturgia again until we have an opportunity to overthrow the faction's ruler.

Them declaring war seem to happen everytime a kingdom is reduced to one or two cities.
Yesterday I was in the green faction. We had one city, and were at war with the entire map.
Wexhad maybe 1200 troops + my army, but all thier lords just stacked in the last city and did nothing.

Back
Top Bottom