Please fix the spamming of created smithy weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Correct. << still show up in tournaments and for sale in shops even if you smelt >>

You can easily test this by enabling the cheat inventory where you will find all your crafted weapons in the item list.
That's not then testing quite the same thing, though. In my last very long 1.5.4 playthrough, I smelted all crafted weapons other than two that I sold in the entire game and never saw any crafted weapons for sale (apart from those specific two) in shops. Don't know about tournament prizes, as I don't enter them.

We worked out the problem, apparently the costs of player crafted items are too much for cities to buy themselves from the market (Which is a separate problem we are working on.).
Instead, we fixed a bug in a system which decays the overstocked items over time. The system now checks for the player crafted weapons as well.
It will be fixed in a future patch.

It's great to hear that it's getting fixed, I really appreciate it, but I cannot help but wonder that... the devs were unaware of the issue? It's been in the game since day 1, and it's been talked about many times on the forum in the past. And now you locate the issue within the day and prepare a future fix very quickly.

We worked out the problem, apparently the costs of player crafted items are too much for cities to buy themselves from the market (Which is a separate problem we are working on.).
Good to hear you located the problem, and thanks for letting us now :smile:

(now I just hope that what is going to be fixed is the price of items and not necessarily the wealth of cities ^^)

It's great to hear that it's getting fixed, I really appreciate it, but I cannot help but wonder that... the devs were unaware of the issue? It's been in the game since day 1, and it's been talked about many times on the forum in the past. And now you locate the issue within the day and prepare a future fix very quickly.

They mostly look at the bug reports, suggestions and only look around here occasionally.

They mostly look at the bug reports, suggestions and only look around here occasionally.
I can understand them not noticing it on the forums, kinda... But internal testing? It pops out right away as soon as you craft something, so it's kinda difficult to believe that it wouldn't be noticed... If they really spend any appreciable amount of time playtesting the game that is...

@stevehoos @Medivhtratos @cyresdog @Marajah could any of you upload a save game where this is happening? It would help us investigate and fix the issue.

You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as the description so we can identify it.

Unfortunately I deleted saves from prior versions and I don't have any where I used blacksmithing. Wanted to see if markets sold different armor/weapons easily if you didn't tamper with it.
To be more clear, the performance issues were specifically on the shop menus. They were taking considerably longer to load.

There ls a mod called copyright. Use it. I hope they can integrate this mod

leveling rebalanced is also a mod that fixes crafting prices so the towns can buy it too.
I think his balancing of prices is very good. The best javelin selling for 1000 instead of 100000. All other smithing nerfed the same way.

I can understand them not noticing it on the forums, kinda... But internal testing? It pops out right away as soon as you craft something, so it's kinda difficult to believe that it wouldn't be noticed... If they really spend any appreciable amount of time playtesting the game that is...

I think developers (the ones that know the features the best) don't have time to play the game themselves and deeply test, and the few testers have not a full understanding of the features and there is so many things to test, they probably have a bad method also. I'm not even sure there is so many testers in TW men cause they can rely on the community (and even this they could use feedback with better method)... Voluntary work is more and more a thing in our modern societies. Inspiring from most successful mods also might help them.

I think developers (the ones that know the features the best) don't have time to play the game themselves and deeply test, and the few testers have not a full understanding of the features and there is so many things to test, they probably have a bad method also. I'm not even sure there is so many testers in TW men cause they can rely on the community (and even this they could use feedback with better method)... Voluntary work is more and more a thing in our modern societies. Inspiring from most successful mods also might help them.
IIRC Armagan said that their QA tests every feature 1-2 hours, since this is a sandbox game there are lots of ways to play naturally you can't test them all. In this context QA probably crafted some weapons sold them etc. and noticed no problem but in the long run as Steve said the markets fill with your crafted items.

That's quite a specific set of events to test over a long period of time, though - craft weapon(s), sell to city, wait X number of days, has weapon(s) decayed? If a test scenario had already been passed that non-crafted weapons were decaying correctly, it's not necessarily a scenario that would be added for crafted weapons decaying specifically (which is the bug now identified).

Devs make terrible testers. Testers work to test scripts and scenarios, they don't just play the game for weeks on end as players do, in the vast number of different playstyles as the community of players as a whole do.

Devs are terrible testers anyway, usually. Not a criticism - it's a very different discipline.

Devs are terrible testers anyway, usually. Not a criticism - it's a very different discipline.
Yes can agree on this. Their testers have been more pragmatic then fluid in my opinion and have been relying to much on the community instead. But idk because i cant judge them in action either since they might have seen it but there could be other stuff blocking the progress at the time. However its not like its an big issue to adjust it even if its a lot of math and a long line that affects the change involved which i can understand. Same thing we could see in bad stat ratings on gear as well. I mean it doesn't take long time to just adjust one equipment's stats to almost similar to the ones next to it. Could be that they are stressed out on something else atm and prio that for time being

Not just a different discipline, but a different mindset. The point of view on games when you're a dev and subconsciously think "how the game runs" will naturally tend to limit what you test, just like an experienced driver won't try to ram a car into a tree. And yes, it makes for terrible testers because of this, as dev will tend to naturally avoid lots of potential traps and bugs just by filtering their own behaviours.

Back
Top Bottom