Please fix the spamming of created smithy weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

This clutters the whole game up and makes even testing a playthrough difficult because the towns are filled with 100s of these weapons. It saves every single one of them and it drives me crazy. Can it at least be moved up the priority list?

This clutters the whole game up and makes even testing a playthrough difficult because the towns are filled with 100s of these weapons. It saves every single one of them and it drives me crazy. Can it at least be moved up the priority list?

That is annoying. I’ve quickly installed a mod for that and not having those weapons in the shops to which i sold them in the first place really improves the smithing experience.

I agree, that they should add a method where settlements lose crafted items over a time period. The item list in towns will get to long and thus it becomes annoying to scroll to these lists all the time.

I agree, that they should add a method where settlements lose crafted items over a time period. The item list in towns will get to long and thus it becomes annoying to scroll to these lists all the time.
Do the towns not actually clear out the crafted items when the shops reset? I always wondered about whether all those crafted items were being freshly generated or if it was just all the old stuff I'd sold all game that wasn't getting flushed.

Once you sold them a crafted item it stays in the shop forever, every single one of them. And on top of that they also get in the price pool for Tournaments. So you are basically crafting yourself into eternal item doom.

That is annoying. I’ve quickly installed a mod for that and not having those weapons in the shops to which i sold them in the first place really improves the smithing experience.
Which mod was that my dude?

Even if you smelt a crafted weapon it shows up as a tournament prize and for sell in the shops!
Correct.

You can easily test this by enabling the cheat inventory where you will find all your crafted weapons in the item list.

Once you sold them a crafted item it stays in the shop forever, every single one of them. And on top of that they also get in the price pool for Tournaments. So you are basically crafting yourself into eternal item doom.
Idk about stores but when it comes to tournaments even if you smelt the crafted weapon down it still shows up, eventually it floods the prize pool and the majority of what you can win is crafted weapons.

to a certain extend you can work around that problem. Don´t craft low value items, just smelt everything until you can make high value items (javelins most likely). They don´t appear in shops. Its ofc more tedious but at least you avoid the clutter.

Do the towns not actually clear out the crafted items when the shops reset? I always wondered about whether all those crafted items were being freshly generated or if it was just all the old stuff I'd sold all game that wasn't getting flushed.
You don't even have to sell it, once you craft it, it gets made by the artisans(or whatever) like other items and shows up all over. Each "crafted....." is actually a different item so they all have a chance of being made and shoved in the shop....

I wonder if all this bloating corrupts saves or has some other effect on gameplay? If anything I am sure it bogs the engine down.
not only annoying, it also starts hindering performance eventually
Yeah I think so. Every past game where I smithed felt a got more lag on entering shop and other miscellaneous lag. I don't have the tech knowhow to figure it out for sure but I just don't smith at all usually because of this.

to a certain extend you can work around that problem. Don´t craft low value items, just smelt everything until you can make high value items (javelins most likely). They don´t appear in shops. Its ofc more tedious but at least you avoid the clutter.
I gotta be skeptical of this idea as you will very very slowly unlock parts by just smelting and likely won't ever have the parts to make items out of the artisan/shop range of production.
Furthermore, the expensive items will still be in the .sav and cause problems related to that.

If you don't use smithing while its obviously broken you don't fill up your vendors with crap goods you created.

I dont understand why people complain about the state of their game world when they created that state by exploiting a broken mechanic for financial gain.

Its broken. Don't use it. The devs will fix it at some point.

If you don't use smithing while its obviously broken you don't fill up your vendors with crap goods you created.

I dont understand why people complain about the state of their game world when they created that state by exploiting a broken mechanic for financial gain.

Its broken. Don't use it. The devs will fix it at some point.
I agree and I always advise to ignore it completely. Especially at this point everyone should know better.
Of course anyone new googing "How to get money fast" will find people and younoobers telling them to powersmith, with no mention of the negative issues...
... since they don't know about them.... as they are like insects carrying garbage out of our posts and piling them into their ULTIMATE PRO GAMER guides and younoob videos. :poop:

Considering the game has been out 9 months, I don't think it's too much of reach to ask them to fix the only really new big feature in the game besides family dynasties and improved graphics. To each his own, I like making my own weapons.

Considering the game has been out 9 months, I don't think it's too much of reach to ask them to fix the only really new big feature in the game besides family dynasties and improved graphics. To each his own, I like making my own weapons.

I agree it needs to be fixed. I'm sure they're working on it. It's actually surprising to me they haven't fixed it since they've aggressively attacked everything else you could make a lot of money with.

I know there are some people that are interested in smithing because it's a part of their planned build and people that are just checking it out. My response wasn't directed at those people. There are people that are playing on old builds that don't want to lose their progress, that didn't realize it was a broken exploit when they started doing it.

There are other people that do it because it's the easiest way to make money in the game. They exploit it to make their games easier. Those are the people my comment was directed at. I have no sympathy for those people. They just want the inventory of the vendors to clear, so they can keep exploiting the broken smithing system as a cheat.

What they need to fix is the entire smithing system, so it isn't a broken exploit to get rich quick, and then they won't have to worry about every vendor in Calradia being filled with the junk they created. Hopefully when they fix that, they'll make it possible for people to buy top tier armor and weapons. To me, making good armor and weapons available to people that don't want to grind smithing is more of a priority.

For now though, it's a lot easier to just start a new game, don't exploit smithing, and wait for them to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom