Please fix Snowballing and Diplomacy issues for once and for all - Beta 1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I am liking a lot Beta 1.4.2 and thanks for new changes but even when the situation is much better now, we still have diplomacy and snowballing issues in the game:

- Fix the Aserai vs NE making peace on day 1.
- Avoid all factions declaring war to kingdoms which loses battles eventually. I remember that you did something similar in one patch where kingdoms take into account potential strength rather than current strength. This is necessary to be applied again to avoid factions getting wrecked by everyone when they are losing a war.
- Nerfs Khuzait and Vlandia (horses) in simulated battles.
- Give Sturgia something to help this faction a bit. Better racial bonus or something else.

I agree with the diplomacy issue. Proposed clan tier 3+ get 0.5 influence a day and clan tier 5+ gain 0.5 influence a day. All the other lords opposed throwing 100 influence each behind it. I can see no reason at all as there is no negative effect to any of them. The same thing happened with other policies with no negative effects as well.

Also negative effects of execution could do with a nerf, it seems like any associated person will have a negative relationship with you. Even if they are fighting for the opposition. he only reason I use execution is down the the fact I let 3 lords go after battle when they ransacked my settlement. 2 of the returned the next day, to the same settlement. I ended up executing them down to them being more trouble if left alive.

If not the execution nerf, then buff any of the kindness attributes, so the AI form positive relationships and will be less likely to attack. Or even look at buffing any of the deceitful attributes, so the AI knows not to try anything or they will end up the same.

Either way. It gets tiring to have the same released lords come back every day after releasing them.

My playthroughs have apparently been very different (including my 1.4.2), except for Sturgia - they always lose. However, who they lose too seems to be different each playthrough (current playthrough - I've conquered half the map; Vlad, Batt, and Kuz hit them hard; but let them keep 2 towns at the top middle. Older playthrough kuz usually just ran through all their towns, etc.). I agree, Sturgia needs "something" more.

For me, it always starts with everyone always attacking Batt, Sturg, and Aseri first; then the empire internal fights - empire "winner" changes each playthrough; at about this point, I'm ready to join kingdom/create my own. The only "winning" kingdom in any playthrough was Kuz. But then again, history says they conquered the "world", so it somewhat makes sense. Not that I want that to be a "thing" ingame... I almost wish the top kingdom would change every playthrough.
(sidenote: I think this has a lot to do with merc/minor factions. 2 playthroughs ago, Kuz had 4 or 5 of the minor factions helping - no idea why. Kuz were dominating, and I thought minor factions were suppose to help the "weak" ones? Maybe Sturgia should auto-hire more minor factions?)

Every culture has "horse" troops, so I don't see why anything needs a nerf? I don't know the details of each horse troop, but overall they all have horse units, so it appears balanced to me. Maybe other kingdoms need to prioritize horse units more?

The only weird thing with declaring war for me (1.4.2), is that super weak kingdoms are declaring war on me. Ex. I have a kingdom with 52000 strength, and north and asari still declare war on me (and both are under 2000 strength). Not sure that makes too much sense... they have 1 town and 1 castle, little militia; and I could probably solo there fiefs with no worries (I make peace quickly, since I want them to live).
I also find doing the "main" quest (dragon banner), causes way more wars. Making your own kingdom "feels" safers.

I personally haven't executed in a long time, because of all the negative side effects. I release them all for charm exp. I haven't had an issue yet. Needless to say, I'm ok with the negative side effects of execution. Maybe they need to add more repercussions - i.e. any friend of the executed automatically declares war and multiple kingdoms come attacking - "you think you can kill my friend?!" The game designers are basically saying that executing is not the "best" way to go about business, but give you options to play how you want. I think it is good the way it is, but I'm open to changes too.

Them returning the next day to capture a fief, was patched a while back (i think current beta has a 5-6 day grace period, and they get less starting troops?). That would also indicate you haven't garrisoned your fief if someone quickly tries to take it back. Hell, even my companion armies (110-170 size) will capture a fief if the other kingdom didn't protect it. It was awesome seeing an opposing kingdom freshly capture a castle, only to get a notification minutes later that one of my companions just captured it for me :smile:

You make some good points, I started a new game with some of the things I learned and the information I have seen. It seems like things are a bit more stable now.

I get that the execution of nobles has repercussions however I find that it is way too easy to get negative exp for beheading, than it is for releasing. I may be totally wrong, but its just what I seem to run into.

They are a really good developer who listens to the community so I am hopeful that all issues will be addressed by the time the game is completed.

They can't fix them permanently yet - they still have game mechanics and content to add, which will break the balance.

They can't fix them permanently yet - they still have game mechanics and content to add, which will break the balance.

Bingo, which is why this game will remain a complete mess for a long time. This is like letting the river flow before the damn is complete, then complaining about small holes in the damn while whole sections arent completed.

Back
Top Bottom