Please fix/remove death in battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah but they will after a few decades, granted that may not be considered "snowballing". Basically if you play long enough and don't reload battles constantly in your favor; your Kingdom and neighboring Kingdoms will be so depleted on Lords as to stand no chance against distant Kingdoms later on. Granted this would be a non-issue if they lowered the death rate - BUT that hasn't happened yet.
Has this actually happened to you?

It's been my experience that as long as a clan reaches 18 or 19 years, the baby boom caused by game start will mean it is basically impossible to kill them off. Even the lowest of them can field their full three parties, all the time.

We all know (even TW said it) that the death rate is too high at the moment.

But TW still wants to gather data, which I don´t really understand because how do they gather data from my game? As far as I know the game doesn´t send any data to TW if you are not on the telemetry build.

So at the moment we have 2 "random" reload scenarios:

- battles when someone died
- marriages

Maybe we can get a third one too?

Of course you don´t have to reload when someone dies in a battle but this leads to other issues that were already mentioned by a lot of players.

But TW still wants to gather data, which I don´t really understand because how do they gather data from my game? As far as I know the game doesn´t send any data to TW if you are not on the telemetry build.
They definitely send data even off the dedicated telemetry build. The telemetry build is just insanely ****ing detailed. Like gigabytes of stuff for only a few minutes of gameplay on the campaign map.

We all know (even TW said it) that the death rate is too high at the moment.

So at the moment we have 2 "random" reload scenarios:

- battles when someone died
- marriages

Maybe we can get a third one too?

Of course you don´t have to reload when someone dies in a battle but this leads to other issues that were already mentioned by a lot of players.
Third option?
ask and ya shall receive. I present you: Prison break

Southern Empire (excluding my Clan):
akwElXh.jpg

vr8efcV.jpg
wLxjkBM.jpg

3MKphTO.jpg
kRBPYtR.jpg
BE8243d.jpg

insuZ6w.jpg

nUzs6K4.jpg

1MkC8oe.jpg

ZA2YPCa.jpg

Now here's Vlandia, a kingdom I've had 0 war interaction with basically. Only deaths are from old age.

fLkXCyX.jpg

mJek5iq.jpg

f4xrfcE.jpg

XDkHFP8.jpg

LvFFyer.jpg

VtH93gr.jpg
GBURv7f.jpg

yghF2yG.jpg

nCnU61Q.jpg

94BkjNU.jpg

xfIHE5H.jpg

Edit: Did the math SE (my Kingdom) has 11 Clans and 63 Nobles while Vlandia has same 11 Clans and 87 Nobles. And things will only get worse if I continue this save.
:sad:

Has this actually happened to you?

It's been my experience that as long as a clan reaches 18 or 19 years, the baby boom caused by game start will mean it is basically impossible to kill them off. Even the lowest of them can field their full three parties, all the time.

Check out my previous post. Pethros, literally the big Clan of SE, is almost guaranteed to be wiped out here. Yeah the "Baby Boom" will help some. But if I keep playing with No Reloads I'm sure a couple other Clans like Avlonos, Prienicos, and Nethor's Clan are likely to go under too by the time my PC is around age 60.

True I should be able to absorb more neighbor Clans if we can keep taking Fiefs, only problem is with Death Enabled as is I'm also heavily damaging the Clan rosters of my neighbors due to war. So my point still stands. If I have a bunch of depleted Clans how will I overcome Vlandia and the Clans that join them in the End Game? I won't is the answer. No amount of player ingenuity is going to make up for the fact that my Rivals will have more Lords in the field. And only Clan leaders defect, so there's very little the player can do to even the odds.

The current Death Rate (and the fact it's non-existent for Simulated Battles) just makes the game Kingdom Suicide.

I'll post screen caps of the other kingdoms from the same playthrough in a bit.

So same playthrough as my initial post, these are the neighboring Kingdoms to SE in 1106 (and again no executions by me or reloading battles):

Aserai

ytBDkvc.jpg

u1ahLGY.jpg

9zdaAF9.jpg

eJDqQTS.jpg

LHw4vIC.jpg
V5xaju4.jpg
8lcO4Hv.jpg

Here's the Khuzait

qPlu8d6.jpg

3tftCWV.jpg

OIzSUxE.jpg

0vIWAmZ.jpg

6nk107D.jpg
7qWExYQ.jpg

KCVjKmm.jpg

zeznYii.jpg

Northern Empire

sLNcUnc.jpg

SZS70Fb.jpg
jbSfVeG.jpg
qvHZ6Kz.jpg
e4LlGkl.jpg
fgFi8e3.jpg
yKxnCbA.jpg
Be0zKhO.jpg

rMICgiI.jpg

Western Empire

e1fr1Gi.jpg

UHlNwBO.jpg
CUSwFGe.jpg
wTYj0pE.jpg
jVIg4Ox.jpg
kVbiQ9O.jpg
wlQcGeR.jpg
nEIr6fa.jpg
oJ7jx5Q.jpg

Sturgia

eAGQfBm.jpg

2yZn5dE.jpg
GtcMpfi.jpg
EbXA5Mv.jpg
vxaoCIA.jpg
72h4CoR.jpg
0iB5QG0.jpg
oZHhGIA.jpg
W8Dn9ZA.jpg

As you can see a few Clans from Aserai, Northern Empire, and Khuzait aren't doing so hot. Western Empire is more or less okay yet since I've only had one brief war with them. And I haven't fought Sturgia that much either yet. Though as I fight them more, I suspect this will change too.

Bonus Battania! (The only other Kingdom besides Vlandia I haven't really interacted with, doing pretty well member wise)

qmrugjm.jpg

mK6kvMb.jpg

IeSYJ2M.jpg

Cbg1hUr.jpg
0KFtVOo.jpg
UmVMP0k.jpg
hLfKyPl.jpg

No amount of player ingenuity is going to make up for the fact that my Rivals will have more Lords in the field.
Clans only ever field three parties. So as long as they have three living adults, a clan is full-strength.

I don't know how you've managed to kill off that many lords or had so few births though. Twenty-one years in my current playthrough looks like this:
20210416161650-1.jpg

20210416161655-1.jpg

20210416161702-1.jpg

20210416161709-1.jpg

20210416161719-1.jpg

20210416161723-1.jpg

20210416161728-1.jpg

20210416161734-1.jpg

20210416161743-1.jpg

20210416161754-1.jpg

20210416161803-1.jpg

20210416161811-1.jpg

Banu Habbab is probably going to die off, but that wasn't caused by battle deaths. It was old age and having only daughters -- they were married off and left the clan, with the mother being too old for more children.

Don't expect you to add it to your mod, but would it be difficult to enable death in NPC simulation battles?
No idea at the moment, but since I expect that they are gonna add it to the game, our implementation would 100% clash. We will wait for 1.6.0 / 1.5.10 with big features. We found the death chance (just a change in one number was necessary) unintentionally when we were looking into making blunt damage lethal since we made siege catapults actually able to hit something.

No idea at the moment, but since I expect that they are gonna add it to the game, our implementation would 100% clash. We will wait for 1.6.0 / 1.5.10 with big features. We found the death chance (just a change in one number was necessary) unintentionally when we were looking into making blunt damage lethal since we made siege catapults actually able to hit something.
I see, thanks. Hopefully they just add it in soon anyway.

Clans only ever field three parties. So as long as they have three living adults, a clan is full-strength.

Hmm can't believe I never noticed that, though that does explain a lot. Particularly why some Clans are basically a revolving door of Parties. Still it can't be denied that if you have lots of Adults in a Clan you can basically expect that Clan to always have Parties on the map.

I don't know how you've managed to kill off that many lords or had so few births though. Twenty-one years in my current playthrough looks like this:

Banu Habbab is probably going to die off, but that wasn't caused by battle deaths. It was old age and having only daughters -- they were married off and left the clan, with the mother being too old for more children.

I did make a pretty hard drive into Aserai lands. But yeah with the 10% Death Rate it's not uncommon for me to lose 2-3 Lords in battles, particularly when there's 6+ in an Army. Most Lords YOLO front lines and or get themselves killed Sieges. Honestly the biggest problem for me is constantly replacing Companions. It was neat to see Characters die as of December/January, but when I lost two "Willowbark" Characters in less than a game year, kinda knew it was a problem.

Finally got around to trying RBM along with RTS Camera this week. Like many Mods it's been a bright light as to what Bannerlord could've been, but probably will never be at this point. It's funny I kept bracing myself for a list of dead Characters after each battle, but so far only had 1 or 2 enemy Lords die in battle (which makes sense as they were soundly defeated). Forgot you had mentioned fixing the Death Rate.

Good work by the way! Can't tell you what a god-send it is to have armor that actually provides some real protection and Tier 6 Troops that are actually durable. Legionaries and Vlandian Champions are actually worth their upkeep and vice-versa not just a unit I can one-hit kill with the most basic weapons. Mod isn't perfect, but considering how much the game is W.I.P. not too shabby. Also kind of sad you guys can get Ladders more or less working, but TW can't.

I think I've more or less given up on the vanilla game. Something tells me won't see the new battle map terrain til July or something. At which point I'll have moved on to greener pastures.

afaik being in prison doesn't count as leading a party so: the more clan members the more bak-up parties are deployed. If what you stated is true it means there are no 3 parties as long as the npc are inprisoned

This is one of the decisions they should have rolled back or keep them seperate, based on all the feedback since the change.

Tbh it "tanks" the fun of going into those largescale battles as you know that more than likely at the very least 1+ will die.
I no longer take companions in my party or wife, I no longer partake in the huge battles unless I auto-calc them.

Tbh my fun have dropped so much.
And dont give me the bs of I can disable death, sure I'd love to, but then I'd also give of the dynasty options, which I love so much.
I guess next play I'll have to disable it(life/death).

The fact though that its only in battles you are in and the % chance is too high, just dont make it fun.
Given that the amount of fights tht you can be involved on in just days is "too high" the risk of looses is too high.
Generally speaking the % chance should be in the 0,01% range maybe bit higher, now its just too high.
500 ppl in the battle, and 4 lords dead of a total of 250 dead/rest wounded you do the maths and see that the numbers is too high.

I think they are abit slow on adjusting something that wasnt there in the first place, just how hard can it be to revert to the system we had before, or make it optional..

What happened IRL when a noble family died?
The king appointed a lesser noble to the higher rank thus the number of aristocrats didn't change after all.
So this would happen in a good simulation, too. I'm not sure it would worth the effort to simulate that much change but it's just me.

See if deaths would happen to everyone equallly id be ok with it. As is, its just annoying that 99 out of 100 times my heroes die while enemy lords that I stab in the face with a couched lance for 600+ damage just walks away as if nothing happens.

Save scum it is...

In good simulation they would take into account that huge super risky field battles happen much more often in BL than IRL. How many big battles happened historically in case of big countiers per year 2? 3? There are 2-3 per week in BL, therefore you cannot have anywhare near real lord attrition in comparison to real life or you need some counter measure.

Back
Top Bottom