Please fix/remove death in battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Dont worry guys, its EA, after few years they will have all bugs related to this feature ironed out and will switch it to 2% by changing one line of code.
I'm starting to feel a bit like Ra's al Ghul here:

uw9h95x.png

Is it still a raw 10% for each npc to die with player joined battle?

Then the best thing here at least is to separate battle death and general death, a option just like enable/disable death.
Since if this is a deliberate choice then the ball belong to devs, I wager.

Came here to make this post. Yes this is a huge problem. If I go to the encyclopedia and look at dead nobles from my kingdom, the list is far bigger than any other kingdom. Right now an Aserai kingdom is snowballing has at least twice the amount of adult nobles as my kingdom. How I'm going to stop them I have no idea. I've had 4 of my wifes die because I like to have them fight alongside me, my kingdoms nobles are dropping like flies. Pretty stupid. I like the game and support it despite it's numerous flaws, this one though is really stupid and I can't believe it was overlooked. "Yeah so chance of death doesn't occur in simulated battles. Therefore chance of death only occurs in player initiated battles. Therefore nobles that fight alongside the player will die, every other noble will not. Seems good to me, make it live! Problems? I can't forsee any! That's a wrap guys let's go to Applebees!"

They want a balanced game, TW that is what campaign is for, give us the option to set the death rate ourselves in sandbox and if we set 0 then it is by old age only, boom everyone happy. Players who like it right now touch nothing and others can customize it to where they want it. See easy fix Taleworld to make everyone happy.

They want a balanced game, TW that is what campaign is for, give us the option to set the death rate ourselves in sandbox and if we set 0 then it is by old age only, boom everyone happy. Players who like it right now touch nothing and others can customize it to where they want it. See easy fix Taleworld to make everyone happy.
Easy fixes don't exist in Taleworld's reality, changing 1 line of code will take 4 months

Give me 100% death!

Would it actually be easy to change this? Is there a file I could open with visual studio and just tweak the code? Or would I have to go through the whole mod making process?

The good thing about death in this game when you join a Battle or make an Army .
It makes you have to think shall i join and help . Shall i make an Army and go on a Steamroller .. and at the end have no Lords left ...It slows the player down and makes him think in what he is going to do .. play the long game.. more real to life.. yes some little changes needed .. but all in all its needed..

The good thing about death in this game when you join a Battle or make an Army .
It makes you have to think shall i join and help . Shall i make an Army and go on a Steamroller .. and at the end have no Lords left ...It slows the player down and makes him think in what he is going to do .. play the long game.. more real to life.. yes some little changes needed .. but all in all its needed..
actually no. even if you lose a city or more. what is the benefit when you permanently lose a part of your forces that you cannot replace? There are no new clans and the next generation will take a lot of time to spawn. death in battle is not bad in general but the game simply doesn´t support that high numbers of casualties. same goes for armor. it doesn´t seem useless but considering the amount of dmg that is in the game it is meaningless.
the game lacks balance in very many ways. unfortunatly it´s of no priority to TW

Hmm yes, should I have fun or not...? ?

But the problem isnt necessarily that lords have a chance of dying, its that they have a chance of dying in battles that you fight.
Yep.

Lords have poor self-preservation (bad at blocking, bad at staying out of fights when they are captains, bad at retreating) in addition to the horribly weak armor, which altogether makes them just as likely to be killed as the rest of the cannon fodder.

If they fix these things, I think the chance of dying at its current rate will not be so bad.
Why there isnt also a chance (at the minimum) for lords to die in simulations too is beyond me. This is such a gigantic oversight.
There is a chance for lords to die in simulations, it's just super duper small. Way back when they introduced the feature of lords dying in battle, they said they kept it low in simulations and high in real battle for the purposes of testing how death worked.
This is yet another means for factions to snowball. Imagine how comfy the Khuzaits will be with full clans if you have been playing Vlandia for thousands of days.
Factions don't really snowball now. That was fixed, for the most part, in 1.5.8.

No it doesn't

You basically have two choices right now:

1. Auto-Resolve/Simulate to avoid Character Deaths, but probably lose battles you could win and or suffer much heavier losses

2. Actively participate in battles (way the game is meant to be played) and see how Russian Roulette goes for you

OR

Participate in battles but never have any companions with you or never fight in Armies for that matter

So that leaves you with raiding settlements and fighting smaller Party vs. Party battles as the safe route. While this is effective, it basically defeats the whole Kingdom/Army aspect of the game. Generally speaking joining an Army will rarely do the player much good, since you'll be losing a lot of Troops due to poor A.I. Creating an Army yourself can have good results, but the fact you can lose several Lords in a battle you clearly win just the defeats the purpose of player involvement.

There is a chance for lords to die in simulations, it's just super duper small. Way back when they introduced the feature of lords dying in battle, they said they kept it low in simulations and high in real battle for the purposes of testing how death worked.

This does not appear to be the case anymore. It was this way for awhile, but it's either broken or they turned it off. That or it's like .001%

Factions don't really snowball now. That was fixed, for the most part, in 1.5.8.

Yeah but they will after a few decades, granted that may not be considered "snowballing". Basically if you play long enough and don't reload battles constantly in your favor; your Kingdom and neighboring Kingdoms will be so depleted on Lords as to stand no chance against distant Kingdoms later on. Granted this would be a non-issue if they lowered the death rate - BUT that hasn't happened yet.

TW could also just give players the option to adjust the Death Rate. They already let us adjust damage and battle size, why not give power to the players and make everyone happy?

Back
Top Bottom