SP - General Please fix or remove 'Shield wall circling ranged troops' AI order

Users who are viewing this thread

snuggans

Veteran
when outmatched by ranged troops, the AI loves to surround its own ranged troops with a shield wall and sit there the whole battle taking casualties, its ranged troops can't even fire back because they are too bunched up together. it would be a better outcome to do anything else, especially to charge and close the distance as quickly as possible to nullify the enemy's ranged superiority

as it currently stands, it's a deathwish for me to join a friendly army, or to aid them in battle with my own party, all because of this one order

They changed the method from time to time. Ai range use to be able to fire over their friendlies. To make matters worst, the circle shieldwall is not defensive enough. It needs to be 300 spartan level stuff. Of course, this cohesion should depend on ai commander level.

Agree, forgot about this problem, played again recently, and joined a large army vs. army battle with Southern Empire against Aserai. With 2:1 odds in their favor in autoresolve I figured it was low risk to take part, yet Southern Empire still lost because they used this utterly suicidal strategy.

Agree, forgot about this problem, played again recently, and joined a large army vs. army battle with Southern Empire against Aserai. With 2:1 odds in their favor in autoresolve I figured it was low risk to take part, yet Southern Empire still lost because they used this utterly suicidal strategy.
Also, they seem to have programmed ai differently based on troop and faction type. I noticed that vlandia banner knights always do frontal charge and immediately. This gives it an advantage of speed. I played as battanian vassal and we were 2:1 yet they defended even with high end modded cavalry. When I tested sturgia, infantry advance more often.

Behavior should be based on level. But if taleworlds want to keep the behavior based on faction, battanians should charge more recklessly due to the "barbarian" type label.

Back
Top Bottom