In Progress Please fix memory leakage

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been a week since many players with 8 and 12 gb have not been able to play the game without gamebreaking stuttering and horrendous lag. Please fix the memory leakage issue.

I have 16 GB. After about 3 quarters of an hour, the game fills the full ram. Windows process shows it uses only 3 GB, but ther resource monitor shows it uses the full ram until it is unplayable. I believe the process unpacker.exe is flawed and ram gets not cleared, just clogged. Game runs fine for 15 minutes until half an hour, then ram full.

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the memory leak problems and working hard to fix them as soon as possible.

There some problems that have been fixed with the latest update and hotfix. You can check the patch notes here. But i urge you to update your game to see if the problem still persists after the newly released patches.

I will try Beta now. What is newer, Beta 1.4.1 or Alpha E 1.4.0? In the timeline, Alpha E .1.4.0 and the Hotfix are newer than Beta 1.4.1

MOaB6nP.jpg

The latest update was a hotfix for e1.4.0 version. Not for the e1.4.1 beta version. Some of these hotfixes may already been applied to beta or will be applied when we transfer the beta branch to the live one. We are aware of the memory leak problems and working hard to resolve it a soon as possible.

Thank you. Just tried Beta 1.4.1 for a while, same issue, RAM usage went up from about 8 GB to 16 GB within an hour. So game is playable but for smoothness I must restart it more often for now.

Btw. love the siege battles so much potential in this game :smile:

Thank you. Just tried Beta 1.4.1 for a while, same issue, RAM usage went up from about 8 GB to 16 GB within an hour. So game is playable but for smoothness I must restart it more often for now.

Btw. love the siege battles so much potential in this game :smile:
let's hope 1.5.0 is on the horizon.

There was a hotfix today but it didn't address the issue.

Btw. do only some players have that memory issue? Because game already works pretty fine for many. If only some have it, why?

It is not the most common issue but we have encountered memory leak problems with some of the players. It is not a problem everyone has but we are currently working on to find the source of these problems and fix the performance issues.

It is not the most common issue but we have encountered memory leak problems with some of the players. It is not a problem everyone has but we are currently working on to find the source of these problems and fix the performance issues.
Yeah I saw a guy streaming the game and he had no such issues. Maybe it's with older computers with DD3-Ram or something.

Yeah I saw a guy streaming the game and he had no such issues. Maybe it's with older computers with DD3-Ram or something.
Nah it doesn't have anything to do with the type or amount of ram, even people with 16 gigs have reported this, those who don't have these problems either don't notice them or just outright ignore them. you can't really perceive minor stutters on a stream..
Even warband which was quite a worse optimized game i could run with a 600 man battlesize without stutters after recompiling the game without the routing morale code(which caused bad stutters), found here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...e-and-routing-also-reduces-stuttering.320256/ That problem was never officially fixed by the devs even after 6 years of being found, i just hope it isn't the same here.

Last edited:
I have a suspicion, that the reason maybe the sub-process unpacker.exe. This process unpacks and loads textures and stuff. When your Ram is filled up to nearly 16 GB, and you open your inventory, the pictures for items take (for me) a long time to load, almost as if they get loaded every time you open inv. but the unpacker loads them again and again and they are several times in the memory, instead of only one time.

Did you guys used the branch with telemetry to try to upload those issues ? Might help them finding out what's wrong

Still haveing the problem. Sometimes a battle with 500 men loads faster then a conversation with some quest giver in a town. Also, being a trader at the start of the game, loading a lot of town inventories, accelerates the problem. I can see when Ram is full when I enter a town and the pictures/logos of items start to load really slow. And the game takes about 20 seconds just to load town and your inventory. Then restarting is only option. It is almost like the loaded town inventories and inventory pictures get loaded every time you visit a town, piling up in the ram without being cleared. My suspicion is that the sub process unpacker.exe that loads compressed textures from the game files is the source of this memory problem. It unpacks into ram, some things several times and fills it up. But doesn't clean again.

Back
Top Bottom