Please don't remove aging and generational gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Edith Weiss

Recruit
I get that people who like to roleplay as their characters want time to explore the world and stuff, but I'm certain that there will be mods that removes aging. Adding aging is more difficult than removing it. It would be better if there are settings to toggle aging on and off and also to change the rate of aging. Also, if the aging and generation stuff is removed lords will run out eventually if they keep getting killed and executed.
So umm... that's about it I guess.

It's always easier to remove code from the active game than add it. Most code isn't literally removed even if a developer is sure he'll never use it again, it's just neutralized by being turned into a comment so it won't take force in the game ("commented out")

No one is saying remove aging. Only to make it optional. I agree. Let players choose if they want the aging mechanic or not.

It's always easier to remove code from the active game than add it. Most code isn't literally removed even if a developer is sure he'll never use it again, it's just neutralized by being turned into a comment so it won't take force in the game ("commented out")
Yeah and like, they worked hard on the wrinkles and graying hair and if they use the traits correctly I'm certain the lords, even generated ones, would be unique.

Best option would be to make it so slow its almost a non-issue in 'real time' but allow you to skip large swathes of time. That way you have as long as you want to play with your character but have the options to speed things along if you want to play their heir.

I imagine everyone wants to become king/emperor as their character, but after they have and their kingdom is stable it would be fun to cut to the future and play as your heir.

This.

Self-quote:
Perma-death is an option for COMBAT, not for age. Your character will still die from old age. I like this, I support this. But still, I want the option to disable it (and with it, disable your fertility, perhaps - no heirs, so no crazy shenanigans from the AI or unexpected events, maybe get into it and make your character find the "immortality stone" or something, it's really easy and cheesy to do, but it might just work and that's what matters). I don't think I'd ever disable perma-death, but I'd like the freedom to choose it, especially since many people don't like the idea of losing their character. No matter how long your character lives, it's undue pressure knowing the clock is ticking every waiting minute you spend trying to heal, if you want to enjoy that specific charcter, and not the whole clan business.

All that needs to be done is to make it optional/changeable.

Make it a thing that can be increased or decreased. I would LOVE it if I could make changes to it. Have a game where I can focus on my one character by making it 2-10x longer. Make a game where I can for example, have my first character dirt poor that makes his way up to small merchant, die off for his children to turn it into a trade empire (with a longer life) and then have his children become lords (even longer life) in other words the aging process being longer with each generation to simulate the building of an empire.

Options are always better than just getting rid of something, or forcing everyone to use a thing that is not wanted universally. Options options options.

Ah at first I was absolutely super against aging to the point of "no I'm not gonna play this game :< " but now my children are born and I can't wait for them to take over what their parents built for them.
If it were possible to speed up the passage of years by making the seasons shorter, that would be dope. Make a season 3 or 300 days, that would probably satisfy everyone's needs.
30 days per season is too long for generational play and too short for "I want one character for 500 hours"

Back
Top Bottom