Please dont nerf every item people complain about

Users who are viewing this thread

I see this happening already. People are constantly complaining about certain weapons. This game has an extremely high ceiling cap. Not knowing how to deal with fighting against a particular weapon is not the same as it being op. I would like to avoid seeing this trend continuing. Just my 2 cents. For example. The menavlion is easy to use. I would agree with that. Is it op though? You can easily counter a menavlion with getting up close and smothering them. All of the polarms can be countered in the same way. Lets just put foam coverings all all of the blades so they don't hurt anyone. Every chat in game is a constant stream of people at the bottom of the list crying about what is op. If you listen to the chat, all 2 handers are op.

I see this happening already. People are constantly complaining about certain weapons. This game has an extremely high ceiling cap. Not knowing how to deal with fighting against a particular weapon is not the same as it being op. I would like to avoid seeing this trend continuing. Just my 2 cents. For example. The menavlion is easy to use. I would agree with that. Is it op though? You can easily counter a menavlion with getting up close and smothering them. All of the polarms can be countered in the same way. Lets just put foam coverings all all of the blades so they don't hurt anyone. Every chat in game is a constant stream of people at the bottom of the list crying about what is op. If you listen to the chat, all 2 handers are op.
the menavlion was nerfed for different reasons. I feel like its in a decent spot now.

1, Its high damage, could do way too much dmg compared to other weapons like 1h etc.
2. It had far too much range so people could just run in circles and avoid all the fight.
3. It was far better than its counterparts (heavy, long) Picking the heavy or the long version barely gave you any benefits before, but now they all feel more distinct.
4. other units and not just the shock infantry used it, so its a indirect nerf for them. On horseback it was pretty strong in casual play. It was far too strong on the palatine guard aswell. (it even needed to have an imperial polearm as placeholder for some time)

If you like the old menavlion feel i would recommend you to play the heavy one it hits still as strong as the old normal one. You are forced to sacrifice some armor for the extra dmg now.

the menavlion was nerfed for different reasons. I feel like its in a decent spot now.

1, Its high damage, could do way too much dmg compared to other weapons like 1h etc.
2. It had far too much range so people could just run in circles and avoid all the fight.
3. It was far better than its counterparts (heavy, long) Picking the heavy or the long version barely gave you any benefits before, but now they all feel more distinct.
4. other units and not just the shock infantry used it, so its a indirect nerf for them. On horseback it was pretty strong in casual play. It was far too strong on the palatine guard aswell. (it even needed to have an imperial polearm as placeholder for some time)

If you like the old menavlion feel i would recommend you to play the heavy one it hits still as strong as the old normal one. You are forced to sacrifice some armor for the extra dmg now.

I agree with you. But people will still cry. I wasnt having issues fighting people with the manavlion before.

We have very detailed analytics reports, which we use to help balance the game.

All kinds of Troop, Weapon, Perk stats etc
This means that theres an elo system working in the background but it is just disabled?

Will some of the data be published? Faction winrate (against other factions) would come to my mind first. For example sturgia vs aserai is a free win, would be nice if the statistics shows similar results.

Maybe class performance aswell, as far as that is trackable.

All kinds of Troop, Weapon, Perk stats etc

So, for example, can you filter results to show top damaging classes, or just in terms of kills? Can you look at a single troop and see performance based on perk selection?

How about body parts hit - I'd be really interested to know, for example, what percentage of hits on cav is via their legs.

It would be cool to see the stats presented in a format we can play around with - not all the time of course, but maybe once a "season" or so.

I hardly doubt the n is big enough, you would need at least a few months 2-3 of data to neglect the confounding variable (skill) here.

edit: a prime example would be rabble, it is hardly picked, except by veterans who "meme" on beginners. So most likely it will perform far better.

So, for example, can you filter results to show top damaging classes, or just in terms of kills? Can you look at a single troop and see performance based on perk selection?

How about body parts hit - I'd be really interested to know, for example, what percentage of hits on cav is via their legs.

It would be cool to see the stats presented in a format we can play around with - not all the time of course, but maybe once a "season" or so.
The data should be in a sql database or over steam(-works); i guess with web interface, it wouldnt take too much effort to present them to us?

Last edited:
I can't give out too many details yet as we are constantly building and improving our systems and process.
What I can say is that, after the last patch overall Skirmish win rates are:
FactionMatch Win Rate
aserai0.5
battania0.5
empire0.49
khuzait0.48
sturgia0.52
vlandia0.51
Captain is not as pretty at the moment, so we will be focusing more on that in the next patch. There is a new feature coming which will help us monitor the best players fighting against each other and see the balance from their point of view as well.

As a said, it is an ongoing process and it takes time but we are on it.

Last edited:
Faction balance is important but for me individual class balance has a more direct impact on game enjoyment - I'd rather play a weaker faction that has a balanced overall roster than play 6 equal factions where there is a clear and obvious best class or two which you are forced to play.

Faction balance is important but for me individual class balance has a more direct impact on game enjoyment - I'd rather play a weaker faction that has a balanced overall roster than play 6 equal factions where there is a clear and obvious best class or two which you are forced to play.
I completely agree, but there is no magic wand to fix everything all at once. We are going step by step, once factions are balanced among each other, we will focus more on in faction balance for all classes.

I understand, just ranting really!

I'd also be interested in how faction balance interacts with certain class choices e.g. how Battania does vs a 2-2-2 setup compared to a 5 cav 1 archer set up, and so on.

Just throwing it out here was in a party of 6 for captains yesterday and after a few wins we were stuck in searching limbo with 45 + people in que but not finding a game for 10 min plus. Is this intended to keep us from facing pubs or whats going on.

Just throwing it out here was in a party of 6 for captains yesterday and after a few wins we were stuck in searching limbo with 45 + people in que but not finding a game for 10 min plus. Is this intended to keep us from facing pubs or whats going on.
10 mins sounds excessive, something might have gone wrong. As explained in the previous Hotfix, matchmaker prefers to match parties of 6 against each other but should default to regular match making if no such match is found after some time. There are more interactions being experimented with and we will be explaining them in detail in the future when they are fully implemented.

I completely agree, but there is no magic wand to fix everything all at once. We are going step by step, once factions are balanced among each other, we will focus more on in faction balance for all classes.
The classes are the root of the imbalance, the issue sits far deeper namely in the light heavy armor disparity. At least for skirmish. Its straight out impossible to win with a light unit against a heavy armored one. Theres a huge stat difference aswell, while only a small one can make an insane difference. Just look at the legionaries movement speed, its too slow to compete with other heavy infantry units.

Please balance cpt mode around its modifier variable (units size) and not perks or smth else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom