SP - General Please change tier 1 perks for Leadership to make them meaningful

Users who are viewing this thread

Right now, both Combat Tips and Raise the Meek are meaningless. Raise the Meek gives a flat 30 xp each day to tier 1 to 3 units, Combat Tips gives 15 xp to everyone. This amount is largely irrelevant, and if you want to raise an army you have to go out hunting for looters.

Instead I suggest them giving an amount of xp that is dependent on the Leadership level. That way later in the game you can raise armies like you used to be able to do in Warband. If this is implemented I also suggest reducing the experience that troops get in autocalc, so basically I would like to see leadership replace grinding on looters.

Having to go look for looters to raise troops is a boring chore. It doesn't add anything to the gameplay. Early game people would still do it to get started, but later on it should become irrelevant and training from leadership can replace it.

Fellow players, thoughts on this?

All tier 1 perks should be substantial imo. I also believe Investing a single focus point into a skill should unlock the tier 1 perk. Allows new players to ease into the game’s many gameplay systems, and immediately rewards a player for investing into a skill.

One Handed: Allows Shield Bashing

Two Handed: Allows use of two handed weapons on a horse

Throwing: Allows use of throwing knives in civilian load out

Leadership: Enables passive XP gain.

Charm: Can recruit prisoners.

Tactics: Allows pre-battle deployment

Medicine: Allows passive healing in the field/wilds

Scouting: Enables foraging when party is stationary on the map

Riding: Enables advanced horse maneuvers (double tap W/S et)

Trading: Enables trade rumors/color-coded prices

Athletics: Enables sprinting ?

All tier 1 perks should be substantial imo. I also believe Investing a single focus point into a skill should unlock the tier 1 perk. Allows new players to ease into the game’s many gameplay systems, and immediately rewards a player for investing into a skill.

One Handed: Allows Shield Bashing

Two Handed: Allows use of two handed weapons on a horse

Throwing: Allows use of throwing knives in civilian load out

Leadership: Enables passive XP gain.

Charm: Can recruit prisoners.

Tactics: Allows pre-battle deployment

Medicine: Allows passive healing in the field/wilds

Scouting: Enables foraging when party is stationary on the map

Riding: Enables advanced horse maneuvers (double tap W/S et)

Trading: Enables trade rumors/color-coded prices

Athletics: Enables sprinting ?
+1
Except, you unlock the bonuses when you have all five focus points in a skill. ex. 5 focus points in leadership unlocks the passive troop xp gain. (maybe balance it with small gain on the move and larger gain stationary, as they train better when camped)

Last edited:
I would very much like to see a passive method, particularly for later in the game, to consistently get recruit to tier 1 troops. I don't really want much beyond that since the rag tag bands of all the different troop types is part of the appeal of the game and passively getting big elite stacks everywhere would be no fun, but being able to bump my recruits up reliably with a bit of time and money input shouldn't be out of the question without having to chase around a bunch of looters.

Back
Top Bottom