Please change the price of archers and mount archers in team Deathmatch and Siege mode

Users who are viewing this thread

@Jesus__is__Lord well then you play the wrong game put simply. Bannerlord is not trying to be realistic and thank God they are not.

Your system would get people shooting random arrows to lose arrows to reduce weight and improve kiting, if you make it realistic limit a quiver to 8 arrows. Make a headshot an instakill on crossbows and longbows. It's stupid.

Stop trying to force a game into a triangle shaped hole when it's a damn hexagon

@Jesus__is__Lord well then you play the wrong game put simply. Bannerlord is not trying to be realistic and thank God they are not.

Your system would get people shooting random arrows to lose arrows to reduce weight and improve kiting, if you make it realistic limit a quiver to 8 arrows. Make a headshot an instakill on crossbows and longbows. It's stupid.

Stop trying to force a game into a triangle shaped hole when it's a damn hexagon
yes your right, the current game; with perks that boost your damage, your heath, your running speed etc, isnt the game i want

the combat is great; there isn't another game that can even come close to the joy of bannerlord's combat except warband

but this new direction where taleworlds is going isn't what i loved about the series

in warband you wouldn't just buy every gear u could when you could afford it

you made decisions to take light equipment bc every pound of weight mattered

now that choice doesn't exist anymore, you have to pick a premade class and you cannot change anything about it(well some perks;to be honest the class system can be a good thing IF you can edit each of the premade classes to take less armor or switch weapons etc like in warband bc yea it is quicker for beginners to just click a premade class but the different movement speeds differently needs to go and just go back to warband weight system and add an "awkwardness" quantity that really shouldnt be needed bc its just an additional weight quantity but just to make sense of things that make you run slower that doesn't necessarily weigh more but is harder to run with like large weapons or quivers )

want a fast unit with a shield and spear?you simply do not have that option, you can choose the savage/beserker class then have to search the battlefield to find the weapons you want just because you want to play as the fastest class so you can survive when your outnumbered

with warband every faction had an equal opportunity to be just as fast as every1 else,but in bannerlord some characters are just faster by design and if you are not on the faction with the fastest foot soldier you could be kited forever

and yes; i think that people should be even able to choice exactly how many arrows they want to carry(within reason,maybe like 60ish maximum carry?), hopefully by a menu that you can save some gold by buying less arrows and at the same time being faster; that is a great idea

and no i do not want every thing to be realistic

for example i think it is more fun that you do not have stamina to worry about and that you can fight as long as you want without slowing down your movement speed

i dont want to sound rude and if you like the current state of the game then thats good for you

but i think there are a couple warband veterans that miss the old system and want that in bannerlord

i am letting the developers know what i think bc i love this game and want to make it better

if you want to discuss specific points on why you disagree i love to hear though

Last edited:
i have always argued that having arrows doing less damage to heavy armor(realistic armor penetration) would be a good thing,
although i think that arrows could do more damage to lightly armored/non armored targets

i think archers got an indirect buff by shields being heavier so less people would carry them in order to not be surrounded,

heavy cav being in every battle is certainly an anti-archer situation,i wouldn't mind heavy cav being removed from most combat situations bc it is very frustrating to play against(in warband being surrounded by cav and infantry wasn't a death sentence bc weapons like the spear were both anti cav and anti inf), in warband i actually could afford heavy cav a couple times; that should be the frequency you see them imo they should be unaffordable to 95% of players

i think that the movement speed penalty for archers need to be removed(and dismounted cavalry), the movement speed penalty should be attached to the quiver so that people cannot kite but at the same time archers could drop their bow/quiver and fight with the same movement speed as infantry

this way archers would be a hard counter to unarmored cavalry and lightly armored infantry but be vulnerable to heavy inf/cav

my ideal situation is: light inf beats heavy inf (when able to surround/kite them) archers beat light inf/cav and heavy inf/cav beat archers

what do you think needs to be done to balance archers?
Oh, light armor troops should be never heavy infantry counter in Melee. Heavy infantry should on average beat light infantry here.

But yeah, move penalty should be tied to quiver, not class(but archers should anyway be quite slow class, not faster than heavy infantry).

Back
Top Bottom