Please change the price of archers and mount archers in team Deathmatch and Siege mode

Users who are viewing this thread

The price of archers and archers has not changed since the last update, resulting in team deathmatch and siege mode changing from horsemen overrun to archers overrun. Almost no players like using infantry because it is too oppressive and makes the game very boring,so change the price of archers and mount archers in team Deathmatch and Siege mode plz???

personally, i have no idea what this is about, anytime i do mean ANY TIME i hop into a tdm server there are about 90% of the 2hand ALL time. this sounds extraterrestrial to me.....

i dont mind there being so many archers; i just dont like that arrows can penetrate heavy plated armor,

if they did less damage to heavy armor i would be fine with them; so that heavy infantry can be viable

personally, i have no idea what this is about, anytime i do mean ANY TIME i hop into a tdm server there are about 90% of the 2hand ALL time. this sounds extraterrestrial to me.....
i personally choose the "2 handed class" simply bc it usually has the quickest movement speed, and the quickest movement speed class is the only viable foot combat option in the current, arrows penetrate all armor, setting

i dont mind there being so many archers; i just dont like that arrows can penetrate heavy plated armor,

if they did less damage to heavy armor i would be fine with them; so that heavy infantry can be viable

i personally choose the "2 handed class" simply bc it usually has the quickest movement speed, and the quickest movement speed class is the only viable foot combat option in the current, arrows penetrate all armor, setting
Yes, this is something I really hate, the heavy infantry is more like a target, only the fast two-handed soldiers can have any kind of gameplay experience

whereas the opposite is true in any competitive skirmish game. Sad!
every1 plays heavy inf in skirmish?;

i dont know what is going on in that mode tbh; you are trapped in a small arena so you cannot use your maneuverability of a light infantry (not that you can really be a good shield bearing light infantry anymore ever since they introduced the heavier shield mechanics which make your character unbearably slow compared to people not carrying shields so you would have to drop your shield in order to not be surrounded then you just get shot to death by arrows bc your trapped and cant retreat like in a normal open plains battle)

the respawn mechanic of skirmish makes any tactic of waiting out archer's arrows or taking out their cavalry so you can maneuver the battle field safely without getting flanked by unblock-able lancing mechanics irrelevant bc at anytime the enemy can just spawn in another cavalry or archer replacement

and playing cavalry or archer yourself dooms you to being unable to maneuver properly on foot due to the penalty they have on their foot speed making them unviable in anything besides a 1-1 duel (assuming they have to melee on foot at some point)

so i guess the only option would be to play heavy inf so you can last just a little longer before eventually get kited by archers (whose arrows can always penetrated your armor (not crossbows which is realistic but regular arrows)) and cav))

sorry dont mean to sound rude,

i just think it is a poorly designed concept

Maybe it's the region you're in. The EA server is sometimes full of archers. I noticed there's indeed fewer horses these days so there's that.

every1 plays heavy inf in skirmish?;
Yes, shock inf is super situational. Heavy inf is the standard. (With the exception of some factions you are forced to play shock inf such as Aserai)
maneuverability of a light infantry (not that you can really be a good shield bearing light infantry anymore ever since they introduced the heavier shield mechanics which make your character unbearably slow compared to people not carrying shields so you would have to drop your shield in order to not be surrounded then you just get shot to death by arrows bc your trapped and cant retreat like in a normal open plains battle)
It has nothing to do with maneuverability and everything to do with better players. If you don't have a shield, you are going to get couched. If you don't have a shield, you are going to get shot. If they played on an open field, they would simply get shot or couched faster than what they do currently. In siege and TDM, it's a mosh pit of swinging and bouncing 2hs (friendly fire would reduce some of this mosh pitting but Taleworld's code can't handle it). it's not as if every shock inf can be properly countered by the archers, even though a competitive level archer will go into a siege/TDM and rack up 5 headshots within their first 6 arrows/bolts.
the respawn mechanic of skirmish makes any tactic of waiting out archer's arrows or taking out their cavalry so you can maneuver the battle field safely without getting flanked by unblock-able lancing mechanics irrelevant bc at anytime the enemy can just spawn in another cavalry or archer replacement
You also have multiple tries at the approach, and the archer can be caught by the shock inf if they miss their 2 shot window they have on an approaching shock inf. You can't just run in like an idiot, you have to wait until the inf lines engage and the enemy cav is busy.
and playing cavalry or archer yourself dooms you to being unable to maneuver properly on foot due to the penalty they have on their foot speed making them unviable in anything besides a 1-1 duel (assuming they have to melee on foot at some point)
Yes, archer is so nerfed that in competitive play it's not the most optimal option in 60% of games as opposed to another inf. There is only really one dedicated archer player left in NA because all of the other archer players have realized this, and they only go archer in situational instances. Cav on the other hand is still the game dominator as it always will be and should be. (But maybe only one cav life per round)

so i guess the only option would be to play heavy inf so you can last just a little longer before eventually get kited by archers (whose arrows can always penetrated your armor (not crossbows which is realistic but regular arrows)) and cav))
Light class archers do about 20 damage to heavy inf, headshot do 50, heavy class archers do maybe 25-30, headshots 80. Keep in mind though, inf and cav do the most damage to inf, the archer is there as a support and annoyance, and only really have the most impact when they are completely ignored and allowed the freeshoot for the duration of the entire inf fight, and even then you have to be a pretty competent competitive level archer to make those shots.
sorry dont mean to sound rude,

i just think it is a poorly designed concept
Game is poorly designed, everything should be balanced to a competitive standard though. Except for Captain's Mode which should be balanced differently and launched through the Singleplayer mode.

A diffrence between skirmish and deathmatch/siege is friendly fire at the moment. I'm not saying it's the main culprit but it's definetly easier to play archer and/or 2 hander without friendly fire.

Pls add ff back to siege and tdm okthxbye

A diffrence between skirmish and deathmatch/siege is friendly fire at the moment. I'm not saying it's the main culprit but it's definetly easier to play archer and/or 2 hander without friendly fire.

Pls add ff back to siege and tdm okthxbye
Taleworlds is still trying to fix friendly fire causing the whole server to crash for like 6 months, give them time please!!!!!

Horse Archer will see their price increased in tdm and siege with the next update, possibly even with a hotfix we are preparing to deploy very soon.

I disagree shock is situational. You go only 1 if you are afraid of archer, and could slowly wind up having all inf respawn as shock during the game

Last edited:
Horse Archer will see their price increased in tdm and siege with the next update, possibly even with a hotfix we are preparing to deploy very soon.

Does that mean MP will finally receive some love or are we to be forever cast into the pit of hades?

Does that mean MP will finally receive some love or are we to be forever cast into the pit of hades?
There will be a big balance update (hopefully with the hotfix). Badges are coming with 1.6.5 but the other content is still a bit away. So kinda moving out of the pit slowly if you will.

The price of archers are ok in TDM. Horse archers could use a little increase in price though. It might be an idea to increase the price of the 2h classes though, a little.

The price of archers are ok in TDM. Horse archers could use a little increase in price though. It might be an idea to increase the price of the 2h classes though, a little.
There will be some things with the update that will nerf the 2h classes, or actually will make them more risky to play with. But yes it will come with a very slight increase in their prices too (for tdm/siege in general, and for skirmish for a few of them)

I'm a bit concerned about how the 2H classes will be nerfed. To my knowledge, 2H weapons are as fast as they are to compensate for not having the autoblocking attached to shields, and i feel like nerfing 2H weapons despite this fact would make it so that there's no reason to use 2H weapons at all if 1h weapons are just as fast.

I do agree that horse archers need to have their price increased, since it's far less expensive to spawn as a Horse Archer with Tougher Horse/Small Shield and hope you find a one-handed spear off a corpse if you really wanna charge and stab.

As for archers being spammed to death in online games, I recall suggesting the implementation of Super Armor for mounted units whenever they take ranged weapon damage while in the middle of a melee swing/thrust.
From GiantBomb:

Super Armor (along with the nearly-identical Autoguard) is a mechanic that lets a character shrug off successful hits from their opponent. Unlike "invincibility frames," where a character simply ignores an attack, hitting an Armored character generally has some effect on them, including damage and/or stunning them very briefly.
I think if such a thing was implemented specifically to counter archers, this would either force them to either land headshots or play a pikeman instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom