Please change the localization of Varyag to Sturgian Varyag, for consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread

The cultural regular troops have designated signifier at the start of their name, such as "Empire" Elite Cataphract or "Aserai" Mameluke Regular. However, this does not apply to only two troops in the game, Varyag and Veteran Varyag, which are the mid-tier Sturgian noble troops. Please consider fixing them.

Why not make it the other way around with the exceptions of same-named recruits/peasants to avoid having unnecessarily long troop names?
Well, that could be one solution but in that way, people without much historical knowledge background will suffer from memorizing all the troop names. Hell, my brother does not even know what cataphractoi are.

Well, that could be one solution but in that way, people without much historical knowledge background will suffer from memorizing all the troop names. Hell, my brother does not even know what cataphractoi are.
By the same logic, adding "Empire" to cataphract won't help know what a cataphract is, simply to tell it's an empire faction unit.
Not that it's heavily armored cavalry.
In-case not knowing what a troop is, the party screen does (kinda) show what it will upgrade into.
Other than that, there is the encyclopedia.

By the same logic, adding "Empire" to cataphract won't help know what a cataphract is, simply to tell it's an empire faction unit.
Not that it's heavily armored cavalry.
In-case not knowing what a troop is, the party screen does (kinda) show what it will upgrade into.
Other than that, there is the encyclopedia.
What i implied there was that it will make people suffer, trying to remember what units are from what country and vice versa. I know cataphracts are Byzantine/Persian thing, so I know that they are empire units only by looking at their names. I know Mamelukes are Muslim slave soldiers, so I can easily know they are Aserai only by looking the name. Those are not the cases for my brother, and that would probably be the reason why Taleworlds decided to add country suffixes in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom