Please change bandit fight mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

I like it, it's just how do I draw them out? I was trying to kill all the one's on the map, but they never seem to leave. I thought I did it once cause I was killing them in the map, drawing them out, but the second time, it didn't work... So it must be something else.

The boss absolutely needs to spawn farther away. When you agree to the duel you are usually taking your first hit within milliseconds of hitting the button.

Really should be something more akin to the training fights:

"Duel will begin in 3...2...1... fight."

Never really have problem with that part even with bow out (back pedal while drawing weapon, the boss usually does not attack immediately), but yes, overall hideout plays like a quest (and the quests will only be a small step above Warband mechanic wise. At least they wisened up about driving cattle), but imo should be like a battle / small siege. They can keep these hideout settings for some quest where you infiltrate the bandit hideout to duel and kill the boss to scatter them or something, maybe once stealth is in, but otherwise I'd prefer even a normal battle over these hideout missions.

I mainly find them tedious and obviously you have to check how many bandits are in the lair before going in.

The boss absolutely needs to spawn farther away. When you agree to the duel you are usually taking your first hit within milliseconds of hitting the button.

Really should be something more akin to the training fights:

"Duel will begin in 3...2...1... fight."

This and if you do not want to duel, he will be with four other dudes. If these are archers and depending on the order you gave before the encounter, your troops will not engage at all, or engage the T6 boss, while the archers can place shots.
Issuing orders, defending the first blow, stepping forth to make archers melee or stepping back takes time, that you do not have, against fresh troops, while yours have been depleted.
This is indeed an ambush, however you are the one that is ambushed. Yes you can deal with all of them, but it requires a fair amount of luck, tactical competence, combat skill and knowledge of game mechanics and keys.

Bandit hideouts are fine as they are right now, you just have to whittle them down or wait for parties to leave. I noticed that climbing the hill and shooting from above before a fight also made me lose a lot less of my troops.
You should try one of clearing a Forest Bandit hideout. The moment you aggro one bandit, you get 10+ shooting at you right now and killing your entire force.

Ive always found bandit hideouts fairly easy, as long as you arent recklessly charging into a 5 party bandit hideout. As long as a good portion of your main troop is good archers (tier 4 or higher) you will usually get 5 archers from my experience. As long as you use a range weapon you can easily clear the hideout of ~20 or more forest bandits/etc by losing 4-5 troops.

For the boss fight just watch the top bar and when you get close to the fight swap to a sword and shield. From there it is easy to win as long as you are familiar with melee battle mechanics.

First learn to play the game. Hideouts are the same like warband. When you attack first troops that come with you are your companions. If you don't have any just put your first 10 Best troops under your player in party windows. It will select first 8-10 men. It's not random.
About the boss fight. If you know it's coming prepare your shield and first thing press right click for blocking and after press F. To hit him with your shield.he will get stunned for 1 second and you easy can kill him
Right now hideouts are easy. Except they have a really good aim at trowing weapons.

Back
Top Bottom