Please bring back "Relative to Enemy" swing/block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey I am all for them giving us options but I do think your overreacting to the fact that your favorite control scheme isn't present in the game. Instead of getting frustrated just take a bit of time to learn the new system. I mean I had the same issues, but after playing for a while, the new combat system is actually much better than what Warband offered. You just have to learn how to use your camera to set the angle of attack and then prefect the positioning and timing. It really isn't that hard once you get the hang of it.
i assume twitching is the problem for him....

The old "Attack Relative to Enemy Position" wasn't automatic. It just required less twitchy movements. You look to the left of the enemy, you always swing/block left. You look to the right of the enemy, you always swing/block right.
Just to clear this up.
With this setting it is ATTACK only, not block.

Bannerlord combat options AFAIK (I can look it up when I come home):

Block options:
- Automatic (not currently in Bannerlord, but confirmed to come back)
- By mouse movement (Called directional blocking in bannerlord as far AFAIK)
- By movement keys (not in Bannerlord AFAIK)

Attack options:
- By mouse movement
- By movement keys (not in Bannerlord AFAIK)
- By relative enemy position (not in Bannerlord AFAIK)
- By inverse relative enemy position (not in Bannerlord AFAIK)

So what OP is asking for is attack by relative enemy position as well as automatic blocking by his description?
OP, please confirm your Warband game combat settings and come back

So what OP is asking for is attack by relative enemy position as well as automatic blocking by his description?
No, they're asking for the relative position controls, both block and attack would be set by the same thing, which is relative position of the crosshair to the closest enemy.

Whether automatic blocking would be included depends entirely on how they implement the function into Bannerlord. It worked in previous M&B games simply because the auto-block setting overrode whatever control scheme the player selected.

Have you tried switching to movement controlled attack and block?
I imagine it's less of an issue if you just have to tap the right key instead of holding the mouse steady.

Back
Top Bottom