Please allow us to hide helmets :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasquar

Grandmaster Knight
Please do so.

smilie.php

As in from first person view, you don't have to deal with noseguard/etc. taking up half the screen? If so, yes please, I think this is one of those points where gameplay (fun) truly trumps realism and history.
If you're speaking of hiding your helmet in the third person view, so it looks like you're riding into battle w/out a helmet, that's not for me, but I suppose it wouldn't be too hard. If it's not included by TW, it probably wouldn't be too hard to mod it in, so I'd say there's definitely some hope for you there.

If you mean like taking out the helmet I agree with you, it is a must.
And since now in MP we wont have custom builds, it is even a bigger must.

Archonsod said:
Topics
Check to see if an existing topic already covers the subject you want to post about. We would rather you posted into that thread than started a new topic, no matter how old. Please give your new topics relevant titles rather than nonsensical ones — "Improving weapons and shields" is a lot better than "My suggestions". Not only does this allow people to see what your post is about (so you’re likely to get interested posters) but it also helps the search function return relevant results. In addition, when starting a thread that requires an opinion, ensure your post actually contributes. The first post in a thread about Melee vs Ranged weapons should give your own view about this, rather than being an empty post with no information or opinion for others to act upon.

I'd suggest changing the title indeed to something more useful.

Moderator opinions about your topic's name, or opinions about hiding helmets? :razz:

An option to hide helmets in SP is fine, but in MP you should only be shown without a helmet if you don't have one equipped. It would be quite frustrating to shoot someone in their visibly unprotected head and not kill them. In addition, identifying your opponent's gear and adjusting your play to take advantage of it is a valuable skill in Warband and should continue to be encouraged in Bannerlord.

As long as it is client side and not server side idc. It would be ridiculous in multi to see people without helmets that actually do have helmets.

I agree,
It would be nice to see the results of your time spend in the CC since that is going to be improved too :smile:
Just make it an option in the game settings, 'check the box if you want to hide helmets while having a helmet equipped' is an option I have seen in many games, so I don't think you'll need NASA levels of programming to implement that?
Also, if you have a helmet equipped just for the stats and not because you like the design of it, it would be nice to be able to hide it until you can get a helmet of which you do like the design. That's what I use that option for in games that have it.
I also agree that it should be a single player only option because in MP you need to know what the other players have for equipment to have a fair battle in MP.

While i'm not bothered about hiding helmets, I'd like it if helmets or hats didn't turn your long haired character bald this time......

That put me off wearing many types, and it's 2018 now...they should be able to manage that...(I seem to remember one of the wild west warband mods actually managed to keep you hair while wearing a hat)

Ristridin said:
It would be nice to see the results of your time spend in the CC since that is going to be improved too :smile:

This is what I think as well. I usually spend quite a long time in the char creation screen and I wanna see my pretty face.

Why do people assume we will continue to benefit from the helmets stats when we take it off ? I mean, in MP too, you can take off your helmet and the protection the helmet gives you will go away as you do so.

Just like in polearms, if we take off our helmet it shall be dropped and we shall remain helmetless both statistically and visually unless we go back and put it on again.

This shouldn't be very hard to implement.

Also an extra choice to start to round without a helmet.
So both a key to discard it ingame and an option to not wearing it from the round start.

Since the game doesnt have custom selection options anymore, we need such things to maintain the freedom we had in WB

@KhergitLancer80

This "Hide Player Helmet" option is cosmetic. Has nothing to do with multiplayer. What OP is suggesting is the option to hide helmet cosmetics to show player head without helmet, while still keeping stats and protection bonus.

This is a very common feature in many fantasy RPG games and is another case of where developers chose fun>realism.

And I agree with OP. The devs should allow us to disable our helmet to show off our beautiful faces and help distinguish important people. The only thing I can see from adding in this option is positives for fun.

Rainbow Dash said:
This is a very common feature in many fantasy RPG games and is another case of where developers chose fun>realism.
I could never understand what's so fun about it.
As much as I like all the characters that I play as (and they're often manually created with a lot of attention to details), that stupid magical disappearance of helmets in dialogues and cutscenes in some games annoys the hell out of me.

It should be client sided. So if a player wants to hide their helmet or other people's as well , then it should only hide on his screen.

Leonion said:
Rainbow Dash said:
I could never understand what's so fun about it.
As much as I like all the characters that I play as (and they're often manually created with a lot of attention to details), that stupid magical disappearance of helmets in dialogues and cutscenes in some games annoys the hell out of me.

It may annoy you, but it also helpful for other people to help distinguish important people from the background irrelevants.

Important people usually look important even with their helmet on.  :wink:
I don't remember any situation where I couldn't understand "who is this man wearing a helmet who's saying this line right now? I'm confused.".

Ki-Ok Khan said:
It should be client sided. So if a player wants to hide their helmet or other people's as well , then it should only hide on his screen.
I agree, for SP it would be fine and keeping it client side would solve any MP issues like
Orion said:
It would be quite frustrating to shoot someone in their visibly unprotected head and not kill them.

Ki-Ok Khan said:

That's an acceptable solution in terms of gameplay.  Not sure how important it is, other than to a few players who want to admire their own character's looks continuously.  Could the developers include in-game mirrors, so our character can stand in front of it and impress him/her self with their own good looks?

Of course, "hiding helmets" could also be done by having your character sneak into the enemy camp at night and dump all of their helmets into a ditch or pond......

Back
Top Bottom