Please allow players to toggle OFF night battles in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Urzahil

Recruit
Historically, battles or sieges SELDOM took place at night for good reason. The vast majority of historical battles took place in the DAYTIME. Plus, there's the matter of eyestrain and the game is poorly optimized when it comes to lighting so that's a quality of life issue too.

Please allow players to toggle off night battles/sieges as an option..in fact it should be the *default* setting. Anyone who wants to fight at night can just toggle it off.

Can you imagine Hannibal trying to pull off Cannae at nighttime? Alexander pulling off Gaugamela at nighttime? Napoleon pulling off Austerlitz in the dead of night? The sheer confusion not being able to see a whole alot of stuff would screw over all three of them. In fact nighttime was when armies would rest in multi-day battles like the enormous battle of Leipzig which took three days between Napoleon and the Fifth Coalition. And Gettysburg...even the Union and Confederates rested at night in the three days of Gettysburg.

I agree with this. Perhaps some coding could be written that allows one force to follow another at night but not engage until morning.

Sorry dude, I doubt this will ever happen, since this is a videogames and it doesn't stick to realism? If we started comparing what things are plausible to happen irl and in this game then this game would be completely different, and quite boring too if you ask me. Maybe a modder can do it but since, in my opinion, this is just a nitpick I doubt a modder would do this too, unless you put your hands to it yourself

Sorry dude, I doubt this will ever happen, since this is a videogames and it doesn't stick to realism? If we started comparing what things are plausible to happen irl and in this game then this game would be completely different, and quite boring too if you ask me. Maybe a modder can do it but since, in my opinion, this is just a nitpick I doubt a modder would do this too, unless you put your hands to it yourself

You missed the part when I mentioned that it could cause eyestrain because of poorly optimized lighting and not every computer has the right brightness even with gamma. You could conceivably jack up the gamma but what you'd get is a very washed out appearance just to see stuff. Players shouldn't have to play only half of the ingame time in a game because they can't see stuff at night unlike the A.I which surprisingly can target them in return with no problem whatsoever. And modders already have addressed that issue. It's called "Let's Battle In The Morning" lol But I'd like to see it become an official thing in Bannerlord. For instance, I have an Asus monitor and a Dell monitor - both are IPS monitors, but the Asus shows nighttime far better than the Dell. That is why this is being proposed.

You missed the part when I mentioned that it could cause eyestrain because of poorly optimized lighting and not every computer has the right brightness even with gamma. You could conceivably jack up the gamma but what you'd get is a very washed out appearance just to see stuff. Players shouldn't have to play only half of the ingame time in a game because they can't see stuff at night unlike the A.I which surprisingly can target them in return with no problem whatsoever. And modders already have addressed that issue. It's called "Let's Battle In The Morning" lol But I'd like to see it become an official thing in Bannerlord. For instance, I have an Asus monitor and a Dell monitor - both are IPS monitors, but the Asus shows nighttime far better than the Dell. That is why this is being proposed.
Well your post does start with "Historically" and ends with historical events so I don't know, that seemed like the reason to me. they could do better with the lighting but it's not like it causes eyestrain, seems a little bit exaggerated to me. But anyways, I'm glad there's a mod that suits you! I enjoy playing at night, but that is what some mods are, to let the nitpicks come true, I sure have my own too

Most people avoid combat at night, exactly for that. It's terrible. The historical part is just to point that it's not just us that hate fighting at night.

But if you got attacked during night you would'nt run away untill morning either. It's an unforgiving land and you'll have to make due. Or mod it. I dont mind playing at night.

Back
Top Bottom