SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Please allow me to equip my companions who are leading parties

Users who are viewing this thread

My recommendation is somewhat related to this post: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/player-parties-ai.446406/

However, my recommendation is very specific. If nothing else, Taleworlds would you please allow us to equip our companions who are leading parties. Right now, if I want to give a party leader better armor and equipment, I have to disband his party, take the companion into my party, and then I can equip them. This is ridiculous and cumbersome.

I have two choices when I do this:
Choice 1: I can disband my companion's party outright. This option allows me to very quickly get my companion back into my party and equip them. However, the con is that I lose all those troops my companion recruited into his party (or which I gave to them).

Choice 2: I can inspect my companion's troops and take them all into my party or put them in garrison. This allows me to keep the troops, rather than lose them. Next I have to disband my companion's party. Then I hunt down my companion who may or may not remain in the city where I disbanded them (something is broke at this point. The companion is not immediately available to be brought into my party after disbanding). When I find them, take them into my party, and equip them. After that, I have to create a new party, put that companion back in charge and figure out which troops I took from them initially because I prefer to give them back the exact troops they had. So, I keep my troops, but this method takes a very long time.

Both choices are horrible. I feel like it would be an easy fix (a very easy fix) for you all to allow us to simply equip our companions. In fact, please allow us to equip our companions at all times regardless of what they're doing. This is similar to the situation with distributing focus points and skill levels. We used to only be able to do that specifically with companions who were in our party. You all (Taleworlds) changed that and made it better. I can now distro focus points and skill points to all my companions at any time. I appreciate that you all did that.

Please, please fix the game so I can also equip my companions at any time. Choice 2 above used to be semi-functional because I could immediately take my companion into my party after disbanding them. But as of 1.6.2, when I disband my companion's party, there's some disbanding period and even though I can see my companion in the city I'm in, I don't have the option to take them into my party. So, essentially, with 1.6.2, you all broke choice number 2 above. So, if you don't want to carry out my recommendation, please at the very least fix choice 2 so I can do that without having to wait for some random disbanding timeline before I can take my companion back into my party.

Well.. Let´s not teleport gear all over Calradia :smile: But a dialogue, like the one for looking and modifying their troops would be nice when meeting them on the map
The teleportation is bad, as is the all knowing encyclopaedia (without talking to everyone and inquiring about the world) a messenger system would be great, with a option to send a messenger to a companion party with an order to seek the MC or to wait at a certain fief. The option to change the gear should be through dialogue

The teleportation is bad, as is the all knowing encyclopaedia (without talking to everyone and inquiring about the world) a messenger system would be great, with a option to send a messenger to a companion party with an order to seek the MC or to wait at a certain fief. The option to change the gear should be through dialogue
Yes, the encyclepedia knowing everything about each and every lord in the world is .... Unrealistic, at best. But to me, using it is to inquire on them, but yes, beeing lowlevel in Vlandia inquireing on Khuzait nobility getting all info is a bit to much. But I don't know how I would like "information-mining" to work. And this is how other games tend to work as well.

A messenger feature would be awsome! As long as they are there from player and AI alike, can be lost and can be manipulated! :grin:

Well.. Let´s not teleport gear all over Calradia :smile: But a dialogue, like the one for looking and modifying their troops would be nice when meeting them on the map
No. Let’s do teleport equipment. Because companions won’t buy their own gear. Now if TW can make it to where they do upgrade their own gear then ok. Right now money teleports. I don’t have to physically go around collecting taxes, caravan income, or shop income. So I’d like to be able to equip my people.

Very much disagree.

Yes, other things teleports. But let´s not add more bads.

Money CAN somewhat teleport however. Banking was a thing in medevial age.
I concede to your argument. Banking was a thing in medieval age. So, that kind of does justify the "teleportation" of money around Calradia I suppose. That's good enough logic for me if it's good enough for you. Now I'm going to borrow that logic for a minute. Let's talk about mail. Did mail exist in medieval times? Why yes it did. So operating off the logic that medieval banking justifies money teleportation in Bannerlord, it also follows that medieval mail would justify teleportation of "things" in Bannerlord.

So now you see? I'm not asking to add "more" bads. I'm actually asking TW to make the game more realistic by allowing me to mail a Noble Bow to my brother for his birthday.

The problem with restricting this only to dialogue is that it doesn't work. For example, if I have a companion set as party leader, I can meet up with that individual or have that individual's party as part of my army. We're co-located right? But I can't equip them. That's not realistic. We've all been in that situation I'm sure. I've even tried to disband my companion's party so I could take that companion to my own party and then equip them. Sometimes that works, but sometimes my companion magically warps across the map. My most recent attempt to do this (1.6.2) my companion warped from Lageta (or Rhotae... I forget which) to Ain Baliq in Aserai Lands. Ain Baliq. I was playing as empire. I didn't own Ain Baliq. I didn't rescue my family members from anywhere near Ain Baliq or even in Aserai lands at all. Me and my clan had nothing to do with Ain Baliq, but my companion warped to Ain Baliq. And then I started marching to Ain Baliq to get him and in about two game seconds he magically warped to Epicrotea. So right now this game is chalk full of buggy buffoonery. I'm not asking to add anything bad. I'm asking to add something that allows me to focus on playing the game and having fun rather than spending time chasing down a companion who some how discovered quantum physics and wormholes and likes to take tours of far away places that only Spok and Captain Kirk could reach.

So, that said, I'd like TW to implement medieval mail service into the game so I can have weapons and armor delivered to my companions.

Last edited:
The problem with restricting this only to dialogue is that it doesn't work. For example, if I have a companion set as party leader, I can meet up with that individual or have that individual's party as part of my army. We're co-located right? But I can't equip them. That's not realistic. We've all been in that situation I'm sure.
This part we agree on - perfectly fine! Ofc you should have an option to equip your partyleading companion/clanmember when meeting them face to face!

Let's talk about mail. Did mail exist in medieval times? Why yes it did.
Yes... It kinda existed some kind of mailservice. In peacetime. Within a realm. But it was not Jetpac, it was not DHL or any such companies where you just put the BD-gift in box and had it sent to be recieved 2 day later with a 95 - 99% successfull delivery accuracy.

It was built on trust - you gave it a trusted caravan-driver to hopefully be delivered within half a year if he was lucky to find the target - which is not easy considering its a moving target that does not expect a delivery.

Banking on the other side was a force on it´s own.

Yes.. This is a game. Some kind of shortcuts is allowed. And player-controlled shortcuts is far better than the expample with voidbending companions. (THis is another issue though but here I very much agree with you! Solving this issue would limit your specific problems quite a bit though).

Money teleportation is a simplification. But I still think teleporting Items, horses(or even troops! as these features is grouped in the discussions above) is a far bigger thing than simplify banking.

basically, something like the option of "let me inspect your troops".

And if the developers have a bit of humor, the character of could randomly respond to the request with phrases like "I hope you don't intend to leave me naked", "It was time you gave me something decent to wear", "What is it? Am I smelly? "

Back
Top Bottom