SP - General Please add female troops back in bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

One of my favorite troops in warband was the sword sister troop line. Sword Sisters demand significantly lower wages compared to their male counterparts, therefore procuring them can be very worthwhile from a financial point of view. The most reliable way to acquire Sword Sisters is by upgrading refugees and peasant women. These units are difficult to acquire as they can only be hired from a defeated party's prisoners or captured by attacking traveling villagers, so for most players, this troop line will be very rare, But after getting bannerlord i was disappointed to find that not only did they not have sword sisters they took out female troops all together i would like Taleworlds to re add them even if its in the difficult way of recruiting them like in Warband where refugees and peasant women are very difficult to acquire, as they could only be hired from a defeated party's prisioners.

I'm the one who voted the last option because I'm a horrible misogynist!
Just kidding, but women really have no business in the battlefield for a very clear in-game reason: my potential wives keep dying! In my last attempt at a game, 90% of the clans were extinct in 5 to 8 years.
Anyway, more variety is always cool of course, if it makes sense and is not overpowered or underpowered.

"Loaded questions are questions written in a way that forces the respondent into an answer that doesn't accurately reflect his or her opinion or situation. This key survey mistake will throw off your survey respondents and is one of the leading contributors to respondents abandoning surveys."

I might vote no, but not for the reason you provided and therefor I won't vote.

Do you like pizza?
Yes, I am cool so obviously I like pizza.
No, I am a loser and don't like pizza.

I liked the sword sisters back in warband, it was a cool small thing that gave some purpose to the peasant women you rescued from bandits, if they sticked around and survived for a while they would end up becoming good warriors (just needed a helmet to be perfect lol)

"Loaded questions are questions written in a way that forces the respondent into an answer that doesn't accurately reflect his or her opinion or situation. This key survey mistake will throw off your survey respondents and is one of the leading contributors to respondents abandoning surveys."

I might vote no, but not for the reason you provided and therefor I won't vote.

Do you like pizza?
Yes, I am cool so obviously I like pizza.
No, I am a loser and don't like pizza.
i mean your welcome to voice why you think no is their a main reason you would not like female troops Homer`s Lliad is just a famous poet that believed women dont belong on the battlefield is why i put it as the no option

I liked the sword sisters back in warband, it was a cool small thing that gave some purpose to the peasant women you rescued from bandits, if they sticked around and survived for a while they would end up becoming good warriors (just needed a helmet to be perfect lol)
i agree von plus not many lords didnt have them so it made my custom nation feel more special with troops that wasnt like every other nation

Don't see any necessity in female troops, to be honest, since in Warband they were nothing but a different skin IMO.

Sword Sisters demand significantly lower wages compared to their male counterparts, therefore procuring them can be very worthwhile from a financial point of view.

Wages and upgradecost should differ in bannerlord between different troop- trees. Something like this:

AS IS:
Regular troops
Minor faction troops

15% more expensive
General Mercenaries

25% more expensive
Noble troops

15% less expensive
Caravan guards

25% less expensive
Bandits
Militia

This way, that argument for female troops can be removed.

that said, I´m not against a militia-equivilent tree with female warriors. Give the m a T5 Sword Sister on top :smile:

Wages and upgradecost should differ in bannerlord between different troop- trees. Something like this:

AS IS:
Regular troops
Minor faction troops

15% more expensive
General Mercenaries

25% more expensive
Noble troops

15% less expensive
Caravan guards

25% less expensive
Bandits
Militia

This way, that argument for female troops can be removed.

that said, I´m not against a militia-equivilent tree with female warriors. Give the m a T5 Sword Sister on top :smile:
I agree when making post i took an expert from the wiki page on sword sisters compared to other units in warband for cost i also looked up female warriors and found every culture that is in the game had their own and all types could fit into the catagories you provide easily to make it amazing
AS IS:
Regular troops- Banféinní (Battania since they are based on celtic), And Shield Maidens ( Sturgia since its based are based on the Kievan Rus', a polity in medieval eastern Europe consisting of Slavic peoples and some Varangians, who were Norse and mixed Norse-Slavic traders, warriors, and adventurers. all of which had shieldmaidens and female warriors)
Minor faction troops- Khawla bint al-Azwar (Aseri she lead an all female troop in the Rashidun army during 7th century Muslim conquest)
15% more expensive
General Mercenaries- Louis XIV of France female troops(Vlandia Since they are based on France Mercenaries the real life equvealent didnt have a special name so tale worlds might have to think of one)
25% more expensive
Noble troops- Camp Masters and Calvary ( Khuzait based on Mongolian Empire in every war of Gengis Khan he had a female running yurt camps aka supply camps behind the main army but still on the battlefield it is also stated a staple on mongolian life is everyone male and female beable to ride a horse and shoot a bow but only noble breed females could serve in battle or armys if they wished so the be the definition of noble line)
15% less expensive
Caravan guards- this one is a bit tricky because In most of medieval Europe, the local feudal overlords would not tolerate merchants having their own private security. At the same time, ensuring the roads were safe from banditry was considered one of the feudal Lord’s duties and if he failed at it repeatedly he might well find himself removed by his own overlord or by an ambitious neighbor. so technically nothing is said against a women serving as a caravan guard lol
25% less expensive
Bandits- Amazon ( Empire- Rome was aware of amazons through greek writting to them though amazon where one breasted crazy women that terroized and raped men so they be perfect bandits)
Militia - Female Gladiators (Empire this could be a minor faction or militia The Romans loved novelty: the more unusual, exotic and outrageous, the better. Women who fought in the gladiatorial arena, those we now call gladiatrix, ticked all these boxes. In the Roman world, war and combat were considered to be for men, so women wearing armour and fighting one another was a real spectacle!), Mongolian Female Peasents ( Mongolion Empire all citizen knew how to ride horses shoot bows and hunt and if a village was under attack the khan expected all citizens to rise up making mongolion peasent women perfect milita) that is just some examples i could find i hope they fit the idea you had

I'm kinda out of the loop lately, not reading/viewing too much about bannerlord.
So I apologize if this was asked already, but if someone could tell me.
I remember there were plans for cultural differences regarding social position in the faction and something like that. Like there'll be more female characters in battania for instance..
It was all abandoned?

I'm kinda out of the loop lately, not reading/viewing too much about bannerlord.
So I apologize if this was asked already, but if someone could tell me.
I remember there were plans for cultural differences regarding social position in the faction and something like that. Like there'll be more female characters in battania for instance..
It was all abandoned?

There’s a post (either here or Reddit) that detailed all the abandoned code. Some of it evolved into other systems (like wanderer stories getting moved from fixed-name characters to more random characters). It included a number of cultural traits (like views towards noble women, centralized government, etc.) that have all been dropped. The pieces are still there, but unused.

Sword sisters were rare and cool to see from time to time on the battlefield
There's so much creative writing you could do for the lore with all these ideas such as female warriors, just a shame the devs need to get approval from the Taleworlds Untergang to do so much as to breathe.

Last edited:
Sword Sisters should either return in the exact form they were in Warband (rescuing peasant women and training them into fighters) or possibly a slightly altered form -- hire camp followers at taverns, who can then be upgraded into Camp Defenders, then Sword Sisters.

I for one would really like to be able to rescue a horde of Sturgian women and turn them into shield sisters, then have them become my wifes personal bodyguards. Go to the castle and see all these shield sisters standing around knowing that no man dare go near my wife or ELSE. That and just take them onto the battlefield and hear some woman screaming "YAR!" As she cleaves some poor bugger in the head with an axe.

It is all these little things both fantasized and real that make the game more immersive, which right now it UTTERLY lacks.

This needs bumping!

Sword sisters are in the encyclopaedia - but not the game! Please add female peasants to peasant stacks and let them upgrade into this unit (exactly as we did in warband).

Back
Top Bottom