The feature of Rebellions is great, it give us pause to think on the people that should be governor to a settlement, choosing careful among our Clan Members, Vassals and/or Companions.
Rebellions occur when loyalty of a settlement is drastically low, than a random Clan with generate and take control of the Castle or Town, which is great, because eventually that rebel Clan will become a real one and can be recruited or not. I wished they could restore a faction that was destroyed like Vlandia, Battania, NE, SE, Etc;
But, now imagine a system like that but one of Civil War? The aspects could be:
- An already existing Clan of a determined culture can declare Independence and restore his Lost Kingdom
- Personal relations affecting the Characters of Calradia, like my heir and his brother has positive relations of one another or they have a rivalry against one another, or with another member of an existing Clan/Vassal
- When comes to Elections the loser side could declare a Pretender to challenge the Noble Election, which would result in Civil War: this could be even among Clan Members that has low relation to the selected Heir and the New Elected King/Emperor.
- On this system Clans would choose sides according to their Clan relations
- On this system Characters would choose sides according to Personal Relations ( friendships/Rivalry/Marriages)