PLEASE ADD A VOTEKICK

Users who are viewing this thread

Please add a a votekick system. It will solve 90% of problems with toxic TKing or map glitch abusing players.
I think at this point I speak for at least 90% of the community with this. I personally hit my breaking point today when all 3 of the games I tried to play had a TKer in it. Multiplayer is no longer fun and it's a gamble wether or not you actually get to enjoy the game without running into a TKing or map glitching player.
Please stop releasing rebalances and just make multiplayer good by adding a votekick system.

I second this. The report function, while perhaps well intentioned, doesn’t seem to be enforced. Vote kick would allow players the ability to decide to give the boot to those who are wasting other people’s time(running around map as last one alive), being jerks, team killing, glitching, whatever.

I think it would be good but people would abuse it ngl. I can already see people polling to kick the top player of the other team to win

@Alyss A lot of games these days limit votekick to your own team, which seems to solve a lot of those problems.
People will always find a way to abuse these systems, but to be honest it always seems to be one or two trollers against an entire server of regular players, in which case votekick would come in handy. I don't think this will fix all the problems though as if you votekick a teammate in a matchmade game then you'll be down a player anyway.

Votekick is bull****. Look at CSGO... You make one mistake as last living person and one will start the votekick for sure. I mean most of those toxic votekicks get declined but it simply increases the toxicity of the match.

I think Taleworld's biggest challenge is handling it's own community lmao.

alright, we officially need NeoGK to run the multiplayer of the game. That'd probably be the best lol
Just a reminder that warband had votekicks and had no issues :smile:

I'd also gladly get votekick bullied off a team by a clan so I can just find a new game to join instead of being forced to rejoin the same game with the same ******* over and over again.

Please add a a votekick system. It will solve 90% of problems with toxic TKing or map glitch abusing players.
I think at this point I speak for at least 90% of the community with this. I personally hit my breaking point today when all 3 of the games I tried to play had a TKer in it. Multiplayer is no longer fun and it's a gamble wether or not you actually get to enjoy the game without running into a TKing or map glitching player.
Please stop releasing rebalances and just make multiplayer good by adding a votekick system.
Vote kick would be great, maybe even a trial run of it. Reporting people would probably go down. It would be nice to kick the people who use the n word nonstop and team kill.

Vote kick would be great, maybe even a trial run of it. Reporting people would probably go down. It would be nice to kick the people who use the n word nonstop and team kill.
Isn't there a profanity filter already? I'm all for that freedom of speech and dont give a **** what others want to say
They should probably fix the thing where the whole chat box goes blank if you make a message longer than the size of it though

Isn't there a profanity filter already? I'm all for that freedom of speech and dont give a **** what others want to say
They should probably fix the thing where the whole chat box goes blank if you make a message longer than the size of it though
If there is a profanity filter please tell me how to activate it. But the team killing is something everyone can get behind to vote kick.

Im absolutely sick of this mentality that votekick can't be allowed. People NEED a votekick. We have a problem that destroys captain mode matches, one after another, often from 1 troll doing this for hours at a time, tking his team captains and bots.
These people dont get banned. The idea that groups of people will take over a server through coordinated vote kicking is a problem, of course, but not nearly on the scale of the above mentioned problem.
If there are 6 or more people who will coordinate to kick whoever they want, it's unjust, but when you think about it, the people who get kicked, leave the match and can ideally find another match, whereas one troll ruining cptn matches for hours at a time has no solution currently.
IF 6 or more people do practice troll kick voting, when you think about it, theres still a game going on, theres still the potential for a fair fight, and again, I have seen the one problem chronically occurring, and the other hardly ever. In fact, troll votekicking happened to me in a game of mount and blade once. There were 3 ppl on a server including myself, and i was being annoying, so the other 2 kicked me, and so i desserved it anyway.
If you have standard 12 man cptn matches, you need 6 people in on the trolling in order to have 50% votekick, while ONE troll prick can ruin match after match. And they continue to do so.
Finally, the votekick, despite its imperfection, has an element of democracy. To remove the votekick is quite literally to tell the people that, if the majority of a server have a problem with a player, they're wrong. This logic has strangely and suddenly taken over not just in warband but most games these days are doing the same thing, removing all forms of the votekick, with the same reasoning behind it. A votekick feature used to be assumed to exist in a game so people can at least get rid of the most obvious trolls. To end this is to reinvent the wheel. If you want to pay large groups of admins to monitor reports and games all day then you can "police" your servers. This isnt world of warcraft, thankfully, where some corporation is getting money every month for that purpose, so it therefore seems to me the only logical solution is to have a votekick.
One more aside, back in my day, as the elderly often say, in warband mount and blade, there was a VOTE BAN option on most good servers. This would ban a player for 15 minutes if they were voted banned. There was also a votekick.
I and many others had been votebanned as a prank several times. So what? Id prefer the possibility of a 15 min voteban than to have to stop playing so often simply because a malignant person, or maybe even a yoing child who doesnt know any better, decides to shut down the whole server.

Back
Top Bottom