Plea for class limits in future ranked mode. And make it solo queue or duo queue maximum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Krisee

Sergeant
Class limits.
I myself am excited for the new ranked mode that will be released with 1.7.2. But there will be one major problem with this mode, the fact that there will be no class limits.
While for maps like xauna/echerion this can be fine, on an open map cav/arch spam is likely the scenario that will happen. Not to mention Horse Archer spam. (Especially against sturgia which has a weak archer class.)

Since this mode is inherently competitive, the same class limits that are played in tournaments should be followed.
Which is a maximum of 2 archers spawns simultaneously on the field per team, and the same for cavalry.

Do consider this, As the most enjoyable way to play a ranked/competitive 6 versus 6 is with class limits. Which the community has chosen for in BEAST time and time again.

Solo queue or duo queue.
Another problem that will likely surface is the creation of stacks to easily win games. To create the most balanced games you need to limit or remove parties queuing for ranked skirmish, as any balance you will try to create will be nullified by a party. This will also mess with their ratings, as it isn't your skill as an individual that gets tested but more your party strength. It could turn into stack wars, which could be fun as long as you have a strong stack yourself, but in my opinion will turn people away from the mode in the long run.

These are both problems if addressed properly the ranked mode can become really great.

Class limits should be introduced as a last resort by Taleworlds. By their own admission, they will finally have a competitive game mode to pull data from to balance the game properly. If say 6 months down the line, they realise, the game is beyond balancing and needs class limits, then they need to think of something better than League of Legends, where there is a lot of animosity towards the autofill putting say a challenger adc into the jungler role of which he is maybe gold level at best, and loses the game in "champ select". Just picture 6 cav mains in one team having to decide who plays infantry/archer while the other team gets evenly distributed team of mains.

I also don't think class limits should be a thing for this, just because it will finally be a semi-competitive source for Taleworlds to pull data from regarding class balance. I also think at higher levels 6 cav/6 archer teams or whatever won't work, and people will actually communicate and balance themselves out, or find a way to counter these comps, but since no one really knows this, this will finally be a place to see all these things.

We always have our tournaments and HINQ to play in what we consider to be a balanced setting, any new people that might actually come in to try playing Bannerlord shouldn't be hard limited to what they can play ?‍♂️

no to class limits.

they can either finally properly balance their game with the data gained, or their mode can die in a fire and someone else will do it better when custom servers are out (i.e. HINQs matchmaking). hoping for the first, but will settle with the second if I have to.

edit:
regarding your other point:
There will be two different queues, solo and group. In the group queue, you will be able to queue up as a team of 2, 3, 4 or 6 players.

I also don't think class limits should be a thing for this, just because it will finally be a semi-competitive source for Taleworlds to pull data from regarding class balance.
they can either finally properly balance their game with the data gained, or their mode can die in a fire and someone else will do it better when custom servers are out (i.e. HINQs matchmaking). hoping for the first, but will settle with the second if I have to.
Class limits should be introduced as a last resort by Taleworlds. By their own admission, they will finally have a competitive game mode to pull data from to balance the game properly. If say 6 months down the line, they realise, the game is beyond balancing and needs class limits, then they need to think of something better than League of Legends, where there is a lot of animosity towards the autofill putting say a challenger adc into the jungler role of which he is maybe gold level at best, and loses the game in "champ select". Just picture 6 cav mains in one team having to decide who plays infantry/archer while the other team gets evenly distributed team of mains.

Fair points. I mainly wanted to avoid the problem of class inbalance, but if this leads to TW balancing the classes it is all fine with me.
edit:
regarding your other point:
Dejan said:
There will be two different queues, solo and group. In the group queue, you will be able to queue up as a team of 2, 3, 4 or 6 players.
Aah good to hear, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom