[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

SeanBeansShako said:
Can we open a thread to post research information and put up example images of stuff that can be put into the game in mini-mods?
We need minimodders first.

Kurien said:
Hello all,

After playing around with this mod for a week, I have to say content wise, it is the best "M&B English" mod availible at the moment.The sheer amount of custom content is staggering, not only is there new item meshes but the gameplay mechanics has been altered so much so that it almost feels like it's another game altogether.

(However... as always there is a "But" =_=)

The scripts used is both so innovative and intuitive that is fits the time period perfectly but without a good visual aspect to compliment those pages of script it holds the mod back so much more.

Sincerely
Frustrated at 1805
Great to hear you like it  :smile:!

But! This mod is too broken, the medium which you used is so limited both graphics and resource wise that it simply cannot support the meshes/textures which you've imported. This results in having to lowerr graphics settings to a point where it is simply unacceptable just to be able to play this mod for 30 minutes without facing a CTD  (Rigs able to run Skyrim on ultra settings forced to run M&B on 189% graphics efficiency settings).
Skyrim has a team of hundrerds of talented people. That's the reason they can make both quality & performance.
M&B however doesn't have. So in fact the engine limits us to create ultra high quality and performance.
For example the LOD's. LOD's are versions of a model, but with lesser polygons. So a uniform close to you has 200 polygons, 200 meters from you results in 50 polygons e.g.

The problem is I cannot make LOD's for buildings, horses, scene props et cetera. Talk to the developers for this.

There are meshes missing e.g. "silver ingots", textures conflicts in towns e.g. "Certinje Boulevard", game log being too short e.g. Locations only go to "S" consequently unable to find towns/villages alphabetically after "S" and so many more strange and unknown bugs which cause CTD that it makes this promising game into short and frustrating 30 minute sessions.

Please Port this mod to Warband. I understand that it is a difficult long and arduous task however "M&B" no longer has the ability to support the amount of content this mod brings to the table.
The bug about silver ingots is added to the list. But I am not sure about: "textures conflicts in towns e.g. "Certinje Boulevard".
What causes texture conflicts? This bug "Locations only go to "S" consequently unable to find towns/villages alphabetically after S" is a bug from version I, which nobody got managed to fix it. If you get CTD's, lower your settings.

Quintillius said:
This bug "Locations only go to "S" consequently unable to find towns/villages alphabetically after S" is a bug from version I, which nobody got managed to fix it.

Don't worry, it isn't a mod bug. It is a whole Mount and Blade series bug, caused by too many centers. I remember even mods like AD1257 have the same problem.

The new patch almost drives me insane. I have to translate the languages into mine again since someting was changed. After playing it, I found another bug: when you turn the formation on, freindly troops won't charge the enemy when dropping morale even the enemies has less people. They just walk around, around and around... What happened to them? 
And I also would like to give some advice:
1, The special armies like the scotland highlanders etc. are not special at all. They are somehow the same with line infantry of some countries. You may let them more unique! I say make them stronger enough!
2, I believe it's a good idea to add more distinctive armies. For this, you counld refers to another game: Napoleon: Total War.   
Anyway, thanks to your patch and hope for the formal one.

Rangers said:
The new patch almost drives me insane. I have to translate the languages into mine again since someting was changed. After playing it, I found another bug: when you turn the formation on, freindly troops won't charge the enemy when dropping morale even the enemies has less people. They just walk around, around and around... What happened to them? 
1, The special armies like the scotland highlanders etc. are not special at all. They are somehow the same with line infantry of some countries. You may let them more unique! I say make them stronger enough!
2, I believe it's a good idea to add more distinctive armies. For this, you counld refers to another game: Napoleon: Total War.   

Post bugs here, please:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,246208.0.html

Also, never refer to big games made by big developers. You cant even make two lines fire in that game, and the AI is just stupid.

Evil Cereal said:
Rangers said:

Post bugs here, please:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,246208.0.html

Also, never refer to big games made by big developers. You cant even make two lines fire in that game, and the AI is just stupid.
Sorry about that.  However,  I have to say your mod is the best one I've ever seen in  Mount&Blade. I really enjoy it.  What I learned is a real history about Europe in the early 1810s around.  I give the advice because I loved it! Thanks again!

Quintillius said:
downloadlsn.png

Note: This is not for Warband, but for M&B!

Main File (v2.0)
Place the mod folder in "...\Mount&Blade\Modules", then play the game and have fun!

Download Link I
Download Link II
Download Link III

Patch 2.1
1. Rename folder 'Europe 1805 [v2.0]' to 'Europe 1805 [v2.1]'.
2. Copy and paste the content of the rar file to 'Europe 1805 [v2.1]'
3. Play the mod and have fun!

>> Download Link <<

I love to recruit troops with the warrant officer to get flag bearers and drummers, however when I did it as France I noticed some mistakes:
-The French Line Infantry Uniform worn by fusiliers has red epaulettes that should be removed, because they were worn only by grenadiers.
bug1.jpg
-A lot of drummers wear forage caps instead of shakos, and they also don't have weapons, so they try to puch you to dead.Maybe you could give them sable-briquets?
bug2.jpg

I've 4 favorite mods and this is one of them. Is awesome. A true masterpiece for being M&B. I was also glad that you put one of the songs I told you  :mrgreen:

PS: I'm having trouble for finding a house,I've been in London and Norwhich and I didn't see any house for sale.

Captured Joe said:
You'll have to look at the Boulevard scene.

When entering the Boulevard scene, there is an Average House at your right; There is a Poor House in the streets further down the Boulevard.

Ok,thanks!

PS: Are your pictures in the mod right? They are really good!

You mean, as a battlefield formation?

First, you need to have a certain level in the "Tactics" skill. Then you can talk to one of your companions and appoint them to be the leader of a new regiment (as battlefield formation, of course). You can assign troops from your party to a regiment by using the formatons/battle-arrays (I think) menu in the "Camp Menu".

Marecone said:
Fantastic mod! Bravo!!!!!! Just one q; how the hell do I form a regiment?
Thanx

If you mean army battles, the options for forming and assigning men to them are in the camp menu (note that you need a companion to command it), and for forming regiments... You can recruit a complete regiment at an officer at the city boulevard (complete with drummers and flag bearers). If you meant something else, please do tell.

EDIT: Ninjas  :mad:

Thanx guys. This was ultra fast. Have to try it out and will post if something remains unclear. So in this mod player should concentrate on making his companions as officers and not medics or path finders? Can't wait to try it out

Marecone said:
So in this mod player should concentrate on making his companions as officers and not medics or path finders?
No need for that, I think. It all depends on your (read: the player's) Tactics skill, so you can still make the companions whatever you want while they can also be officers.

I prefer to not make battlefield formations, as I can do with the native commands rather well. I had written some stuff about warfare in the University, BTW. Might be useful...

Back
Top Bottom