Playing Warband on desktop and laptop

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Maenardil

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
I'm currently testing Warband, and installed it on my desktop and laptop. Can I play Warband simultaneously on two computers using my serial?

I'm not asking for technical possibility (this I can check myself) but more of a "legal" side. I don't want get ban or something.

Darian

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
Best answers
Mount&Blade is allowed to be activated on up to two systems within any 60-day period. It is common for software to allow you to install it on two or three home systems from the same license in this sort of manner; however, Warband probably requires each connecting user to have a unique serial.

Darkness

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Why would you want to play warband at the same time? I think it would be rather hard controlling 2 players at once. Unless of course you wouldn't be controlling one which I think is a break in legality.

Regendur

Master Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
What about just installing it on two computers? For instance, I currently have it installed on the one I use more at home, but not on my new, better computer. I don't use the new computer as much, but I'd like to have it installed there so I can test how high I can push the graphics in multiplayer. Would that be legal, or would I have to uninstall Warband from my old computer?

ferryman

Knight
WBM&B
Best answers
I think someone had this problem and he said that his brother/uncle/friend (cant remmember correctly) wanted to play with him and he got it working on both PCs with the same serial. But im not 100% sure i will try to find that topic.
here's the link : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,74654.0.html

Darkness

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Indeed, but I would be careful, you never know when they may install the ban hammer for multiple serial log ins and such.

zaldron

Recruit
WB
Best answers
Would this not be the same as trying to play any other game online at the same time with only one key? Take Diablo 2 for instance, I could only get on one machine at a time with my key, says some message along the lines of "your key is currently in use" haha

:roll:

Darkness

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
zaldron said:
Would this not be the same as trying to play any other game online at the same time with only one key? Take Diablo 2 for instance, I could only get on one machine at a time with my key, says some message along the lines of "your key is currently in use" haha

:roll:
Indeed. But I don't think it checks for that yet. So it technically can be done. But you never know if there is a penalty for it or when a penalty does come, would it be retro-active. So I would just recommend using 1 CD key per comp at a time. Dont use it at the same time.

Regendur

Master Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
Okay, so does that mean as long as I don't use Warband on both computers at the same time, I'm okay?

Archonsod

Marquis
M&BWBWF&S
Best answers
Daegoth said:
Yes serial check is done by the main server. And only 1 player can play with the same serial at the same time. So there's no need to worry.
In response to the link being posted in the Turkish forum.