Playing Warband on desktop and laptop

Users who are viewing this thread

Maenardil

Sergeant Knight
I'm currently testing Warband, and installed it on my desktop and laptop. Can I play Warband simultaneously on two computers using my serial?

I'm not asking for technical possibility (this I can check myself) but more of a "legal" side. I don't want get ban or something.

Mount&Blade is allowed to be activated on up to two systems within any 60-day period. It is common for software to allow you to install it on two or three home systems from the same license in this sort of manner; however, Warband probably requires each connecting user to have a unique serial.

Why would you want to play warband at the same time? I think it would be rather hard controlling 2 players at once. Unless of course you wouldn't be controlling one which I think is a break in legality.

What about just installing it on two computers? For instance, I currently have it installed on the one I use more at home, but not on my new, better computer. I don't use the new computer as much, but I'd like to have it installed there so I can test how high I can push the graphics in multiplayer. Would that be legal, or would I have to uninstall Warband from my old computer?

I think someone had this problem and he said that his brother/uncle/friend (cant remmember correctly) wanted to play with him and he got it working on both PCs with the same serial. But im not 100% sure i will try to find that topic.
here's the link : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,74654.0.html

Indeed, but I would be careful, you never know when they may install the ban hammer for multiple serial log ins and such.

Would this not be the same as trying to play any other game online at the same time with only one key? Take Diablo 2 for instance, I could only get on one machine at a time with my key, says some message along the lines of "your key is currently in use" haha

:roll:

zaldron said:
Would this not be the same as trying to play any other game online at the same time with only one key? Take Diablo 2 for instance, I could only get on one machine at a time with my key, says some message along the lines of "your key is currently in use" haha

:roll:

Indeed. But I don't think it checks for that yet. So it technically can be done. But you never know if there is a penalty for it or when a penalty does come, would it be retro-active. So I would just recommend using 1 CD key per comp at a time. Dont use it at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom