Playing on 100% difficulty is WIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

bobthehero said:
Getting headshotted like that usually means your army gets wiped out too due to autocalc, the bots wont suddently start sucking just because you took out a Lord.

hm... maybe i'm missing something, but when I get knocked down, the game goes on a couple of seconds - then in 90% of the time I can re-attack (but I'm only left with a couple of hitpoints). I didn't get the impression that my troops get massacred in those couple of seconds I'm knocked out. Or is there still some kind of autocalculation after beeing knocked down and before I can fight a second time? (autofight per se - that's clear - i see my heavy losses there)

If you get headshotted in the beginning of the battle, you usually dont have enough health to make it through the other fight, then auto calc kicks in, after which you are in trouble.

Dayve said:
Javelins on the other hand, not so much from sea raiders, but those god damned Taiga bandits, are absolutely diabolical. I took one in the face whilst galloping towards a group of them at full speed on a Courser, took about 90 damage, and that was with a Thick Guard Helmet (47 or 49 defense).

I always have trouble with Taiga Bandits, especialally when assaulting their hideouts. It seems  like they never miss. Sea Raider hiedouts are easy for me, now that they got nerfed, but Taiga Bandits throw so much crap at you it's impossible to dodge or block it all.

Captain_Octavius said:
Kenkage said:
bobthehero said:
Getting headshotted like that usually means your army gets wiped out too due to autocalc, the bots wont suddently start sucking just because you took out a Lord.

You can always download the Custom Commander mod. It makes it so when you go down your troops continue to fight.

Or just Diplomacy 2.8, which does the same nowadays.

??? I swear to Thor that I use Diplomacy 2.8 and my troops always retreat when I get KO'd.  :evil:

pipehack said:
bobthehero said:

hm... maybe i'm missing something, but when I get knocked down, the game goes on a couple of seconds - then in 90% of the time I can re-attack (but I'm only left with a couple of hitpoints). I didn't get the impression that my troops get massacred in those couple of seconds I'm knocked out. Or is there still some kind of autocalculation after beeing knocked down and before I can fight a second time? (autofight per se - that's clear - i see my heavy losses there)

If your doctor is still conscious then he will heal you between rounds.

I don't know what they're smoking, but it works with my current savegame (started a couple of months ago). The death cam doesn't always work properly, but the battle always keeps going unless I end it. I think they mean it only doesn't work if your previous savegame used a previous version of Diplomacy, rather than all previous savegames not working.

In my opinion, the only difference between low and high difficulty is how many of your guys get killed by their guys; which translates to: how much time you spend recruiting to refill your ranks. I don't play on high difficulty specifically for this reason. I still get wiped out if I make grave tactical errors or throw low tier troops at heavy cav. So in my opinion the loss in bragging rights is worth the gain in productive game time.

Now, I might change my tune if the game rewarded you with more XP for increasing the difficulty. But if it's just a personal satisfaction thing, I'm much more satisfied when I am not spending most of my time recruiting and training new troops all the time. I do play with Diplomacy, so at least the recruiting thing is handled behind the scenes; but your trainer only trains 3 recruits at a time per day, compared to the massive XP they get per night in your party. All in all, my time is worth more than my pride...

All this time I've been playing with reduced damage but other than that I have a.i. set to the best option , battlesizer up and combat speed up, difficulty is nearing 100. Anyway, I decided to finaly try out normal damage today, and I was doing pretty good at first, playing with good combat a.i. makes you learn how to fight good fast, so I didn't have trouble with that, but my small party got attacked by a group of sea raiders and they took my head off in the first fight, luckily my hired blades were doing pretty decent in the auto battle, like 1 kill for 1 kill. but then I accidentally pressed the surrender button. and they took my shoes so obviously i'm going after them.took me like 5 fights each one resulting in me + axe in my face. but in the end I got my shoes back.

I must say that normal damage is very different but kind of fun as well.

I too play with everything maxed, aside from blocking. It's at 93% for me, with the battlesize at the default max. Anything else seems too easy for me, and not fun. I prefer autoblock because I would rage so hard everytime I die due to a failed block.

Da-V-Man said:
I too play with everything maxed, aside from blocking. It's at 93% for me, with the battlesize at the default max. Anything else seems too easy for me, and not fun. I prefer autoblock because I would rage so hard everytime I die due to a failed block.

I don't even know how to block without autoblock. xD

Back
Top Bottom